PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for New diet plan

mindburnt
06-23-2003, 08:56 PM
This is my new diet I had in mind. Its mostly paleolithic, but I have dairy for ingredients in the breakfast smoothie(which i will not omit the smoothie, for I need it to keep me sane :0) Where you see a aterisk(*) is where i need suggestions. Im not bulking or cutting. Im a year round athlete wanting to stay ripped and get stronger and faster. I need to know of some good high calorie veggies to put in there. Or maybe just eat more nuts? I eat walnuts and almonds along with flaxseed oil supps. Chicken and beef are my choice for meat so far. Any other affordable suggestions for meat? Well, here it is:

One(if working out)
12 oz Any fruit juice
apple
cup nuts
6 oz meat

Post workout
2 scoops powerade mix in water

Two(less than hour after workout)
8 frozen strawberries
cup vanilla yogurt
cup milk=smoothie
1 banana
4 eggs, slice ham.

Three
Slice of whole wheat bread w/PB

Four
*Meat
*vegetables

Five
*meat
2 carrots
*vegetables

Six
*X cups lettuce
cup nuts
*meat

Seven pre-workout
Banana
Grapes
*More fruit or fruit juice
*Maybe nuts

Post workout
2 scoops powerade mix in water

Eight (less than hour after workout)
*Any meat with/nuts or olive oil

My goal here is at least 3000 calories(which seems pretty damn difficult so far) Any suggestions and comments are appreciated.

oh, and the ingredients in the whole wheat bread i eat are whole wheat flour, honey or mollasses, yeast, and salt. THATS IT its a local bread mill in town.

GhettoSmurf
06-23-2003, 09:19 PM
are you getting any protein in your post-workout meals?

mindburnt
06-23-2003, 09:22 PM
read parenthesis after two and eight. damn. Im gonna eliminate whey protein for a while because i think its the reason i get so painfully bloated with mad gas. SMELLY gas

JuniorMint6669
06-23-2003, 11:43 PM
*quick before bradley gets in here*
if you are taking flax oil for omega 3's, you should consider switching to fish oil!

bradley
06-24-2003, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by mindburnt
I need to know of some good high calorie veggies to put in there. Or maybe just eat more nuts

If you are looking for high calorie veggies then I would recommend something like sweet potatoes, beans, peas, etc. Basically starchy veggies.

One(if working out)

One smoothie or One as in the transdermal from Avant Labs??

Four
*Meat
*vegetables

Five
*meat
2 carrots
*vegetables

Chicken, beef, fish are all excellent sources of protein and I mentioned some starchy veggies above.

Six
*X cups lettuce
cup nuts
*meat

Lettuce is not really very calorie dense so if you are looking to increase cals I would go with some other type of starchy vegetable to increase cals.

Seven pre-workout
Banana
Grapes
*More fruit or fruit juice
*Maybe nuts

I would not add fat into a preworkout meal, and I think you have plenty of fruit there already. The banana and grapes would provide enough carbs IMO, but you could throw in a small amount of yogurt if you wanted.

mindburnt
06-24-2003, 08:30 AM
Bradly's reply is the most helpful so far. thanks. what are some more examples of starchy veggies? Im including tuna and pork as meat. i want a good variety of meats.

bradley
06-24-2003, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by mindburnt
what are some more examples of starchy veggies?

There are plenty out there but I will name some that I can think of off the top of my head.

potatoes (sweet potatoes, baking potatoes, red potatoes, and plenty more varieties)

beans (black beans,butter beans, kidney beans, pinto, garbonza, navy, etc.)

peas
corn

Im including tuna and pork as meat. i want a good variety of meats.

Including different varieties of fish can also be helpful in mixing things up a bit. I would probably stick to the leaner cuts of pork such as center cut pork chops or pork tenderloin.