PDA

View Full Version : This doesn't make sense...

OiBoy
06-24-2003, 10:34 AM
I have been eating 2,800 calories a day for the past two weeks and I have been working out 3 days a week...

I'm the ahrdest of all hard gainers. I weigh 116 lbs and am 5'9"

to gain weight it was weight * 20

so that would be 2320 Calories a day --- i've been eating 2,800...

How high should I go??? over 3,000 calories a day?

Is it possible to have a matabilism so freakin' fast that no matter what you cant gain weight??

Please give me feedback!! I need an expert here because this doesn't add up.

WillKuenzel
06-24-2003, 10:40 AM
How old are you?

If I was you if the meal doesn't total 2000 calories then its just a snack. I have a very high metabolism that can take close to 8000 calories without gaining much fat at all. If you are having problems gaining at 3000 then increase it. Gauge it from week to week and keep increasing it until you are gaining weight. If it takes 5000 calories then do it. If you are serious about it then you'll gain weight.

ace dogg
06-24-2003, 10:53 AM
There is no accurate formula like that for determining cal intake.

What you gotta do is record the amount of calories in everything you eat (and drink) for a week. At the end of the week, add up how many cals you ate. Weigh yourself in the beggining of the week, and at the end. 1lb = 500 cals. So, if you gained a pound, subtract 500 cals for your maintenance level. if you lost a pound, add 500 cals and so on. Once you know your maintenance, you can gain/lose at will.

I can tell you now tho that 2800 cals aint enough. you'll prolly need between 3500-4000.

Holto
06-24-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by OiBoy
Is it possible to have a matabilism so freakin' fast that no matter what you cant gain weight??

unfortunately Yes

my first training partner went from 125 to 135 in about 8 months and stayed there for about 6 more

he was eating over 3000 cals

I think you need to focus on the quality of nutrients you're getting

EFA's and quality complex carbs

to add to that I would not go 3hrs without at least 20 grams of protein

how much protein do you eat /day ?

how much protein do you eat before bed?

how much protein do you eat first thing in the morning?

how often do you eat it ?

WillKuenzel
06-24-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by Holto

Originally posted by OiBoy

unfortunately Yes

my first training partner went from 125 to 135 in about 8 months and stayed there for about 6 more

IMO there is no such thing as a metabolism that is too fast. Its simply the lack of desire. My metabolism is as fast as they get yet I've still managed to put on weight. I'll tell you right now though that it took me eating 5000-7000 calories religiously for it to happen. Anything is possible. Go take a look through Narc's journal. He was eating 10,000 calories a day.

With my metabolism I'm cutting on more than you are eating to bulk. You just have to eat more. Its that simple. If you want to get big you'll find a way to make it happen.

Y2A
06-24-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield

unfortunately Yes

IMO there is no such thing as a metabolism that is too fast. Its simply the lack of desire. My metabolism is as fast as they get yet I've still managed to put on weight. I'll tell you right now though that it took me eating 5000-7000 calories religiously for it to happen. Anything is possible. Go take a look through Narc's journal. He was eating 10,000 calories a day.

With my metabolism I'm cutting on more than you are eating to bulk. You just have to eat more. Its that simple. If you want to get big you'll find a way to make it happen. [/QUOTE]

:withstupi

If your body has excess calories, you HAVE to gain weight. Just keep increasing your calories until you are gaining.

Holto
06-24-2003, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by HomeYield
IMO there is no such thing as a metabolism that is too fast

I consider someone who is Hyperthyroid to have a metabolism that is too fast

some of the numbers mentioned in this thread make me think of hyperthyroidism

you can eat more but your body just produces more T3 and you end up burning more cals

bradley
06-24-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by ace dogg
1lb = 500 cals. So, if you gained a pound, subtract 500 cals for your maintenance level. if you lost a pound, add 500 cals and so on. Once you know your maintenance, you can gain/lose at will.

Well actually 1lb=3500 cals but I assume you meant 500 cals over the course of the week (500*7);). Also just because you increase/drop cals by 500 does not you will gain/lose a pound a week. It would be a good estimate but not exact by any means.