PDA

View Full Version : Cardio?

Harrison486
06-24-2003, 08:18 PM
Hey guys! Whats up? Alright well, I am 16 years old and am finally going to completely devote myself to working out and staying in shape. I play soccer, so I am athletic, but I am not as muscular or as in shape as I want to be. Anyway, I have decided to begin with the WannaBeBig Routine 1 (obvious starting spot :rolleyes:. My question is, would it be ok to do some cardio before each day of the workout? Would that be ok or even smart? Or shoudl I just keep the cardio to my days off and just couple it with abs? Thanks for any help you can offer.

Harrison486
06-24-2003, 08:20 PM
Also, whats this HIIT ive been hearing about? Thanks again.

as0l0
06-24-2003, 09:26 PM
i asked a similar question a cupla weeks back about cardio.

i've been on wbb1 for 2 weeks now and I can honestly say that if you have energy to spare for cardio after lifting, then you wouldn't be doing your lifting correctly / heavy enough.

I personally am not bothering with cardio while bulking....people say that you need to cut for longer if you don't do cardio, then others say you need to bulk for longer if you do cardio....

if you choose to do cardio, do it on non lifting days

Harrison486
06-24-2003, 09:28 PM
Thank you. Any idea on HIIT? Also, would taking protein or creatine supplements have any negative effects?

Harrison486
06-25-2003, 10:04 AM
Just got back from starting my routine. Since its already wednesday, I started with day 3 with the legs. You guys were right. I definitely dont have energy or strength left to cardio. Ill leave that to my off days. Thanks!....

Also, how would you guys suggest progressing? Should I add 5 more pounds each week? Or more reps? Or what? Thanks.

drew
06-25-2003, 10:54 AM
Check the sticky on HIIT.

Progress as much as you can. Don't jump into the heaviest weights right away, concentrate on your form until you're comfortable. Then gradually increase form. If you're not going to failure by your last rep, it's time to increase the weight. Add what you think you can lift. If you can just barely get a weight up for an 8th rep, increase it by 5 lbs the next week. Just go by what your body tells you.

And read the articles, read the threads, and ask questions. THere are some very knowledgable people on these forums.