PDA

View Full Version : Supplements only diet

karkid
06-24-2003, 08:19 PM
Assuming that you could tolerate not eating food (this isn't me) and could afford it, would it be nutritional to only take supplements, like whey protein, some sort of powdered carb, fish oil caps, vitamins, that sorta thing?

unshift
06-24-2003, 08:28 PM
i doubt it... it just doesn't seem as natural to me. personally i keep everything as "natural" as possible -- thousands of years ago, nobody had supplements, and those guys were jacked as hell and could hunt/gather/etc better than anyone could today. your body's used to digesting whole foods so i wouldn't screw with it like that

GhettoSmurf
06-24-2003, 10:04 PM
i agree, i dont think it would be wise to live off of supplements. i mean that's what they are, SUPPLEMENTS. i try to eat whole-food whenever possible.

karkid
06-25-2003, 01:53 AM
i agree too, i was just wondering if it would be possible

bradley
06-25-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by karkid
i agree too, i was just wondering if it would be possible

Sure it would be possible. You could live off of liquid meals if you wanted, but it would be far from ideal. The first thing that comes to mind would be the liquid meals that hospitals use when feeding people through a feeding tube.

fatman_uk
06-25-2003, 05:26 AM
Your digestive system would get used to only processin liquids, then get really lazy an weak, then if you tried eatin solids christ knows, maybe it'd take a week to burn it off, lol.

-Gaz

bradley
06-25-2003, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by fatman_uk
then if you tried eatin solids christ knows, maybe it'd take a week to burn it off, lol.

A calorie is a calorie whether it be from liquid meals or whole food, and one is not going to cause more weight gain than the other.