PDA

View Full Version : Pics Of Me!! Plz Help Me Cut!!

darealsmurf86
06-24-2003, 11:04 PM
these are new pics of me taken today, i wanna get cut for the summer.. please help me make a routine... i know i should make it on a differnet forum but this is where my pix are.... i already eat good, get about 145 grams of protein daily, and i weigh 145. and im 5'7.. im 16 year olds.. thank u

darealsmurf86
06-24-2003, 11:06 PM
pic of arms

Behemoth
06-25-2003, 12:41 AM
Don't cut. Please don't cut.

It's foolish to cut unless you have a moderate amount of muscle mass to cut down to. I think your best bet would be to bulk right now.

AstronautJones
06-25-2003, 02:41 AM
:withstupi You need to start consuming massive quantities of food.

As for the training routine, check out the WBB Routines.

Rastaman
06-25-2003, 05:27 AM
Dude. Sorry to say it, but you got nothin to cut. Do a bulk, and think about doing a cut in say.... a year.

galileo
06-25-2003, 07:44 AM
They're right. You're quite lean as it is, just shoot for being bigger next year.

Praetorian
06-25-2003, 07:48 AM
EAT!

rujulus
06-25-2003, 09:10 AM
Eat,Eat,Sleep,Eat.Sleep,Eat=BIG, Yeah bro you don't want to start cutting...thats good to see your at least eating your bodyweight in protein daily but how many calories are you taking in daily? Whatever it is double it.

cphafner
06-25-2003, 10:54 AM
i agree with everyone. You shouldn't cut now, well honestly you can't cut now. Pacl on some beef, then cut. Start a journal and you will get plenty of help on your routine, diet, etc.

Relentless
06-25-2003, 11:31 AM
if you cut, you'll just look like a crackhead, man... you are well skinny already

want abs and more muscle for the summer? do squats, deadlifts and bench, supplemented by weighted ab work. :)

Frozenmoses
06-25-2003, 11:54 AM
Yeah man, you look like a beanpole as is. Cutting is just gonna make all the chicks think you have a mad meth habit. Bulk up and impress them with some size.

TheGimp
06-25-2003, 12:01 PM
For the love of god BULK

Also bear in mind you're not going to make a whole lot of diffrence in time for the summer

PeterParker
06-25-2003, 01:14 PM
EAT,and then EAT some more.

Y2A
06-25-2003, 01:25 PM
Im with everyone else, bulk bro :)

darealsmurf86
06-25-2003, 01:26 PM
lol... man im only 16... id rather have abs then be huge... so waht u suggest i should do, my daily intake of calories is about 2700 and i get around 150 protein daily... and i play lots of basektball and workout?

Relentless
06-25-2003, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by darealsmurf86
lol... man im only 16... id rather have abs then be huge... so waht u suggest i should do, my daily intake of calories is about 2700 and i get around 150 protein daily... and i play lots of basektball and workout?

if you only care about that, just diet down... your abs will poke through as you reduce your BF still further

Odds are you'll look like a cancer victim by the time you get lean enough to have abs based on the rest of your size. But your call.

Turboboy
06-25-2003, 02:48 PM
Definately bulk! If you're only 16 it will take some time to bulk up but you can do it. Right now you probably have a very fast metabolism and that ain't helping either. Good luck bro!

Frozenmoses
06-25-2003, 02:55 PM
I'm telling you man, bulk up. Abs are tempting, but not at the price of looking like you're strung out on coke. You're already lean, if you pack on some mass cleanly you'll be able to cut very easily once you're big and have some abs as well as size.

WillKuenzel
06-25-2003, 03:11 PM

You look like death warmed over dude. You are already lean enough. Your abs aren't going to show because they aren't large enough. When I weighed 155 at 5%bf my abs didn't show nearly as well as when I was 200lbs @ 11%. If you want muscles to show you have to have them and the only way you are going to get them is to bulk up. Now go eat a whole cow and its calf!

Bam Bam
06-25-2003, 03:20 PM
i disagree with everyone he should cut cut cut and be a double to Ghandi in his new movie

Black_Curtain
06-25-2003, 03:31 PM
bam haha dude dats was the funniest respond i have heard heheheheheh

SoulOfKoRea
06-25-2003, 05:36 PM
sorry for the bad comparison but...have you heard of the Holocaust? the persecuted Jews didn't look too good with abs and no muscle right? you might want some muscle, just enough to not look rediculous.

darealsmurf86
06-25-2003, 06:49 PM
ok #1 i want u find me a whole bunch of highschool dudes who looks like u guys think isnt me. lol serisouly. i know what u guys r talkn bout, my uncles and cousins are all in the army/navy and some are body buildings. im going to start lifting but im just eating healther of what i did before. if u see me in person i dun look like a lil skeleton u all belive. and what do u guys suggest my routine to look like if u wana be any help at all? and if some1 offers me a job as the next ghandi in the movie pm me

darealsmurf86
06-25-2003, 06:51 PM
also i shuld say i don want to lose weight people, im trying to lose fat and gain msuicle over it, trying to get ripped more.... i think u all believe i wana lose milions of lbs

ElPietro
06-25-2003, 08:50 PM
Since when were starved Etheopians white? :scratch:

GonePostal
06-25-2003, 08:54 PM
Dude you need abs to be able to "reveal" them once you cut... I am the same way. I have a somewhat low bf but no abs... I figure it's either genetics or I just have to train my abs harder. If you cut your going to look sickly... Yes 1/2 the highschool pop probably looks sickly too.

SoulOfKoRea
06-25-2003, 09:19 PM
^^ hey I'm in high schoolhttp://tae-hwan.com/forums/images/smilies/cry.gif , I don't think I'm in that 50 percent though.

Celestial
06-25-2003, 09:38 PM
Dude from a chicks perspective........

BULK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And start lifting!!

SquareHead
06-25-2003, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by SoulOfKoRea
sorry for the bad comparison but...have you heard of the Holocaust? the persecuted Jews didn't look too good with abs and no muscle right? you might want some muscle, just enough to not look rediculous.

Holly oh my god!!! LMAO

But really bro looks like every one is saying the same thing here. Bulk then cut. Don't be afraid of a little fat it wont hurt you. Plus if you are eating clean and watching calories no problems. Just stay active and work out no biggie your not going to get enormous.

Behemoth
06-25-2003, 09:54 PM
There you have it smurf. If you go against celestials advice we'll deem you gay.

darealsmurf86
06-25-2003, 10:01 PM
if u guys want me to bulk gimie a good routine u think i can use.... and waht i shuld change about ma eating.. i take ni about 150 grams proetin daily, about 2700 calories.

Celestial
06-25-2003, 10:03 PM
Celestials tips...

Get a gym membership.
Follow WBB routine #1
Up your protein more.
Eat MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darealsmurf86
06-25-2003, 10:04 PM
also thanks for the great advice guys!! ^_^.. lol jp but help me w/ a routine that u think wuld best help me

Saint Patrick
06-25-2003, 10:56 PM
like homegirl said use WBB #1 located here:

http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

YatesNightBlade
06-26-2003, 05:33 AM
Train abs and they'll come thru.

Yes you need to diet to get abs, but you look like you already have. Your body fat is low now so you'll see them. Abs are like any muscle ... they have to be trained. They dont just appear.

Good luck.

ElPietro
06-26-2003, 07:16 AM
You don't need a specific routine for bulking or cutting. You can stick to the same workouts regardless. Bulking or cutting is more dependent on your diet than anything else.

voodazz
06-26-2003, 10:00 AM
Man. I hope you're kidding about the whole cutting thing.tuttut

pagan058
06-26-2003, 04:33 PM
food is good.....

darealsmurf86
06-26-2003, 06:25 PM
food is good, i eat nonstop all i want is to be ripped, and im going to be working out and eating alot of protein to hope that my muscles get bigger,a nd the healthy food will get my bf off so u can see more muscle isntead... do u see wehre im going? godam i dont wana lose anymore wait just get ripped lol...

Celestial
06-26-2003, 07:17 PM
God Damn....are you reading anything anyone is telling you here??????????????????? If you loose anymore body fat I could seriously say that you would be terribly unhealthy. Follow what everyone here is telling you to do and YOU WILL GET RESULTS.
TO get ripped you need to lift...cause you dont have anything muscle wise to even come close to ripped right now. Just bulk and lift!

Scott S
06-26-2003, 07:20 PM
It's important to know that you cannot gain muscle AND lose body fat at the same time unless you are a) obese and/or b) completely new to lifting.

Otherwise, you'll have to either concentrate on gaining muscle or dieting to lose fat.

My advice: Don't worry about being ripped THIS summer. Start bulking now and focus on looking good NEXT summer. That's what I'm doing. :strong:

SoulOfKoRea
06-26-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Scott S
It's important to know that you cannot gain muscle AND lose body fat at the same time unless you are a) obese and/or b) completely new to lifting.

it's possible, aka is currently doing it, I'm doing it (kinda) but I don't count since I'm still in my first year of bbing.

I think smurf is a newb too :)

darealsmurf86
06-27-2003, 03:53 PM
I AM A NEWB, why else would i be asking about how to do this, and all i hear is im so skinny bla bla bulk.. i dont want to eat all i can and get big and bulk then have to cut later on, im going to lift now and just eat healthy and see where that takes me, geez

Ronin1
06-27-2003, 10:45 PM
alrighty bro, people are so hassaling you. When i started workin out i was about 130 im 158 and im 16. The only think their trying to tell you is that if you wanna cut, cut. But I dont think its gonna work. You need some meat on the bones. Just eat and work out. In a year, you can cut. I think ive just repeated everyone here

WestyHeadbanger
06-28-2003, 09:44 AM
It seems the term "cut" is being overused.

A cutting phase by definition occurs after a bulking phase. You can not cut without first buking.

You can not bulk without eating. So eat alot. Bulk. Lift heavy. Sleep well for a year. And then think about cutting.

darealsmurf86
07-02-2003, 04:03 PM
i have been eating heatlhy and takin in the most amount of protein daily i can, and doin the wbb 1 routine.. in a week i can see my abs slighty now, the 6 pack when i flex, and my arms have gotten bigger and same w/ my chess.. what else u guys recommend ot keep the ripp comin and gettin bigger at the same itme

Frozenmoses
07-02-2003, 04:56 PM
Watch your diet. Make sure you're eating enough to grow, but not excessively. Actually at your weight, you could get by eating a bit excessively.

W8_4_Me
07-08-2003, 06:53 PM
why the hell would he want to cut?

darealsmurf86
07-08-2003, 07:53 PM
i wana get ripped... duno if u guys think cut to me is like lose poudns... i wana gain muscle but not get super big, jus define things and make em moe noticable

harryhoudini66
07-08-2003, 09:34 PM
Think he wants to get ripped not cut.

darealsmurf86
07-09-2003, 10:18 PM
thank u man, ah men

RuLess
07-10-2003, 10:16 AM
lol i thought i was skinny

add on bout 20 pounds ull be str8

Frankster
07-10-2003, 06:24 PM
I AM A NEWB, why else would i be asking about how to do this, and all i hear is im so skinny bla bla bulk.. i dont want to eat all i can and get big and bulk then have to cut later on, im going to lift now and just eat healthy and see where that takes me, geez

i'm gonna disagree with everyone here and say you have the right mentallity, but used the wrong word "cut" that's what got people here scared because you can't loose anymore weight or you'll disapear, that's what people here are thinking.
I was in your position or worse when I started 5'7" 118lbs, everyone told me to bulk bulk bulk.. so I did.. 3 years later I went up to 192 lbs... sure I had gained a ****load of muscle.. but along with it a **** load of fat... I decided to loose the fat and dieted down to 150 lbs to be as lean as when I started.. so In reality, I probably gained 30 lbs of muscle which is 10 lbs/ year. I believe I would have done better now looking back if I would have progressed slowly without adding fat (not much at least).
I know what you mean.. you don't mean you wanna loose weight.. you just wanna be "cut" well.. I can tell you that by adding muscle mass.. you will look more cut.. like some said... you gotta have muscle in the first place to show it.

So in essence what I'm saying is just try to add muscle by eating lots of clean food and watching yourself so you don't add fat (a *little* is somewhat innevitable when trying to gain)
Take it like this.. if you're 120 lbs and 12% bf.. that's 14.40 lbs of fat.. if you were to gain 10lbs of pure muscle without adding fat you would be 130lbs but now 11% bf.. see you don't have to actually loose weight to acheive what you mean by "cut"

darealsmurf86
07-12-2003, 03:20 PM
ah men. speak it brotha like its told. halay lu ya.

xapache69x
07-15-2003, 11:52 PM
very entertaining ... reading this thread. I never laughed so hard. Smurf that is in no way a stab at you. Keep doing what your doing. Train hard and eat well ... results will come.

HahnB
07-16-2003, 12:56 AM
Christ I thought it was a joke when I first looked at the thread. LIke everyone else already said, the only way your ever going to get "ripped" is to get bigger, buddy. To do that your going to have to eat so much that no matter how clean you eat your going to add some fat as well. It's IMPOSSIBLE to eat as much as you need to and only gain muscle.

Also, I think you have the impression that your going to get huge quick, since you said "I don't want to be huge". Believe me, that is the LAST thing you have to worry about right now, just eat.

darealsmurf86
07-16-2003, 04:15 PM
im glad its entertaining for u, kind of entertaining for me. but ima just keep doin waht im doing.. idc wat half of u said but im not going eat as much as i can . i used to be overweight and got down to this weight and i dont wana go to that level agan. i lost tons of self esteem and it may not be hard fo u guys but today in school it sux if ur overweight. im going to just eat good like i am. i eat alot -_- but healthy. im lifting working out everyday and in sports. ima keep that going and try to definition myself.. thats all -_-

SquareHead
07-16-2003, 04:21 PM
i wana get ripped... duno if u guys think cut to me is like lose poudns... i wana gain muscle but not get super big, jus define things and make em moe noticable
Ya god forbid you work out for a couple of months and you wake up looking like lee preist. So basically what I am saying is you're in no danger in getting "Super big". I believe this was discussed recently. Lift do cardio and watch your diet.

HahnB
07-16-2003, 07:40 PM
im glad its entertaining for u, kind of entertaining for me. but ima just keep doin waht im doing.. idc wat half of u said but im not going eat as much as i can . i used to be overweight and got down to this weight and i dont wana go to that level agan. i lost tons of self esteem and it may not be hard fo u guys but today in school it sux if ur overweight. im going to just eat good like i am. i eat alot -_- but healthy. im lifting working out everyday and in sports. ima keep that going and try to definition myself.. thats all -_-

You seem to ignore what everyone is telling you. YOU WILL NEVER BE "RIPPED" UNLESS YOU START EATING EVERYTHING YOU CAN, AND CONTINUE ON A 3 OR 4 DAY SPLIT IN THE GYM AND GET PLENTLY OF REST.

Beast
07-16-2003, 11:25 PM
You all make me feel sorry for darealsmurf. :(
Smurf, if by "cut" you mean "eat a lot and train a lot," then yes, you should do just that.

bigedge
07-16-2003, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by NDBeast
You all make me feel sorry for darealsmurf. :(
Smurf, if by "cut" you mean "eat a lot and train a lot," then yes, you should do just that.

thats what i think. i reakon the poor kid is just confused.

smurf you cant be ripped if you have nothing to get ripped u need to bulk so u can get muscle so you can then be ripped

SoulOfKoRea
07-17-2003, 08:20 AM
just leave him alone if he doesn't want to follow our guidance.

he'll come back.

ericg
07-17-2003, 09:20 AM
you are doing the right thing IMHO by cleaning up your diet. just keep on adding some cals every week until you are gaining a couple lbs per week. as you slowly gain lbm you will see those abs poke through - and also (like many others have said) look "leaner" because you will actually have some muscle to show. this is all provided that you have a decent training program - follow the wbb splits if you are not sure what to do. there is an entire section for wbb split questions. good luck and lets see some pics in about 4 months...

STM
07-17-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by SquareHead

Ya god forbid you work out for a couple of months and you wake up looking like lee preist. So basically what I am saying is you're in no danger in getting "Super big". I believe this was discussed recently. Lift do cardio and watch your diet.

If I had a dollar for every time I heard a guy, and especially girls, say this...

"Whoops I worked out for 6 months, now what do i do with these 20" shredded arms?!"

Reinier
07-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Behemoth
Don't cut. Please don't cut.

It's foolish to cut unless you have a moderate amount of muscle mass to cut down to. I think your best bet would be to bulk right now.

I second this, from personal experience. bulk, and take it easy. dont go too fast.

Bigmofo
07-17-2003, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Frankster

i'm gonna disagree with everyone here and say you have the right mentallity, but used the wrong word "cut" that's what got people here scared because you can't loose anymore weight or you'll disapear, that's what people here are thinking.
I was in your position or worse when I started 5'7" 118lbs, everyone told me to bulk bulk bulk.. so I did.. 3 years later I went up to 192 lbs... sure I had gained a ****load of muscle.. but along with it a **** load of fat... I decided to loose the fat and dieted down to 150 lbs to be as lean as when I started.. so In reality, I probably gained 30 lbs of muscle which is 10 lbs/ year. I believe I would have done better now looking back if I would have progressed slowly without adding fat (not much at least).
I know what you mean.. you don't mean you wanna loose weight.. you just wanna be "cut" well.. I can tell you that by adding muscle mass.. you will look more cut.. like some said... you gotta have muscle in the first place to show it.

So in essence what I'm saying is just try to add muscle by eating lots of clean food and watching yourself so you don't add fat (a *little* is somewhat innevitable when trying to gain)
Take it like this.. if you're 120 lbs and 12% bf.. that's 14.40 lbs of fat.. if you were to gain 10lbs of pure muscle without adding fat you would be 130lbs but now 11% bf.. see you don't have to actually loose weight to acheive what you mean by "cut"

Couldnt agree with you more frankster, I was 5'7'' and 119 pounds at 10%. Looked like ****, no offense darealsmurf but I dont think you are 145, try 125. You are already lean, dont blew it getting in the "bulk" fallacy, weight takes time to put on so take it easy, stay lean and you'll be5'7'' 150-160 pounds lean and you are going to turn some female heads.

PS I "bulked" and ended at 175 pounds looking like ****, I cut down and gained some weight I am 160 pounds @ 12% and happy with the way I look :cool:

darealsmurf86
07-17-2003, 11:56 PM
also picture dont justify me man ill take new ones... and yes i weighed bymyself like 4 times this week im 143-145 -_-.. and ive seen good growth in my biceps, chest and abs already..

HahnB
07-18-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Bigmofo

Couldnt agree with you more frankster, I was 5'7'' and 119 pounds at 10%. Looked like ****, no offense darealsmurf but I dont think you are 145, try 125. You are already lean, dont blew it getting in the "bulk" fallacy, weight takes time to put on so take it easy, stay lean and you'll be5'7'' 150-160 pounds lean and you are going to turn some female heads.

PS I "bulked" and ended at 175 pounds looking like ****, I cut down and gained some weight I am 160 pounds @ 12% and happy with the way I look :cool:

How exactly is he going to gain 30lbs without bulking lol?

Frankster
07-18-2003, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by HahnB

How exactly is he going to gain 30lbs without bulking lol?

By progressivelly eating more and more clean foods while watching his bf%. He will add that 30 lbs over the long term but will look much better than if he gains it in 1-3 months.

HahnB
07-19-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Frankster

By progressivelly eating more and more clean foods while watching his bf%. He will add that 30 lbs over the long term but will look much better than if he gains it in 1-3 months.

Nobody said anything about him gaining 30lbs in one month , are you serious? Even 30lbs in 3 months is crazy. If he just keeps eating big occasionally and maybe having a couple good days and a couple bad days in a week he is not going to get good results.

REmember the thread about why people don't get big, diet was the number one thing.

Frankster
07-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by HahnB

Nobody said anything about him gaining 30lbs in one month , are you serious? Even 30lbs in 3 months is crazy. If he just keeps eating big occasionally and maybe having a couple good days and a couple bad days in a week he is not going to get good results.

REmember the thread about why people don't get big, diet was the number one thing.

You don't have the same definition as "Bulk" as I do then :evillaugh

ThreeD
07-23-2003, 01:58 PM
bulk = eat loads of food, 5-6 times a day, make sure you get 1.5x or 2x grams in proteins of your bodyweight in kg! Always make sure to have some carbs and proteins mixed in the same meal.

When I started bulking and working out again at 178 lbs (with a past of working out and hard traning), my weight skyrocketed up to 225 lbs in 4 months time...how?

Eating loads of food, chicken, cottage cheese, meat, veggies, tuna, loads of carbs, protein shake, mass gainer and that's what got me where I am today. The massgainer did help me a lot, but it also adds some fat. Shreddin the fat after the bulk is no problem if you drop down on the carbs, increase the proteins in your diet and do some cardio every week.

On top of it all you HAVE to work out right. Start with the WBB routine #1 and go from there. In the end it all comes down to the basics, to gain muscle size, you have to give your body something to work with, how? You have to eat!