PDA

View Full Version : The: Too much chicken = bad? Thread

WeakSauceAsian
06-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Hi all,

I'm not sure on this topic, but I've just heard, secondhand, from quite a few people now that there is something bad about eating too much chicken.

Supposedly, because the chickens are raised in such cramped quarters they aren't able to remove the hormones injected in the "grace" period from the last shot to time of slaughter.

Is this true?

Thanks,

WSA.

drew
06-25-2003, 09:56 AM
Haven't heard anything about it.

Added growth hormones in chicken? More bang for your buck. :D

SquareHead
06-25-2003, 10:44 AM
Lmao @ drew!

bradley
06-25-2003, 10:53 AM
"Are hormones used in the production of chicken?

No hormones are used in U.S. chicken production. The Food and Drug Administration strictly prohibits the use of hormones in broiler-fryers. Nor are additives allowed on fresh chicken. If the chicken is processed, however, additives such as salt or sodium erythorbate may be added, but must be listed on the product label. "

Taken from the following page:

http://www.poultryegg/Industry-info/FAQ/faq.html

bradley
06-25-2003, 10:55 AM
One more in regards to chicken:)

http://www.fda.gov/cvm/index/consumer/hormones.htm

After reading through some various web pages it seems that the hormones used in the dairy industry should warrant more concern. You could always go with organic food if it is really a concern:D

GonePostal
06-25-2003, 12:02 PM
Too much chicken is bad by definition :) Too much is just too much which is not good :D But I don't think eatting a lot of chicken is bad for you at all.

PeterParker
06-25-2003, 01:05 PM
eat turkey then

WeakSauceAsian
06-25-2003, 06:58 PM
Again, Bradley comes through in a big way. :). Don't give me the :D about organics! LOL...

:D.

And no to turkey.

That is all :D.

YatesNightBlade
06-26-2003, 04:21 AM
Too much of any "one" protein is not good in terms of building muscle.

Scott S
06-26-2003, 05:41 PM
If I ate more veal, could I get an appreciable amount of clenbuterol from it? :D

* goes to hell for eating veal

thutch90
06-26-2003, 06:33 PM
I eat chicken everyday for lunch. In my meals I do a broiled chicken, steamed or wild rice, and veggies. I have not had problems with to much chicken. If there is a health problem with it I am really going to be messed up so far it has worked really well for me.:cool:

body
06-27-2003, 11:22 AM
get organic chicken meat then, its exspensive. but does not have hormones in.

if you live in the right country they do not add hormones to the chicken

06-27-2003, 12:03 PM
meh I'm sure you could find info on every food out there being bad too eat. As long as the cow I'm shovelling into my mouth didn't have mad cow disease, I'm not gonna be too concerned.

Ironman8
06-27-2003, 12:34 PM
Speaking of too much chicken being bad, is too much cholesterol bad? I know dietary cholesterol isn't though (like Omega 3's and 6's).

bradley
06-27-2003, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Speaking of too much chicken being bad, is too much cholesterol bad?

Dietary cholesterol will have little impact on blood cholesterol levels.

I know dietary cholesterol isn't though (like Omega 3's and 6's).

Omega 3s and omega 6s are fatty acids, not cholesterol, but a good balance of omega 3 and 6s is beneficial for various reasons.