PDA

View Full Version : Diet motivation

FattyBri
06-25-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm about 3-4 weeks into my CKD diet and things are going well, BUT, temptation seems to be on my mind more and more during the week.

I was just wondering what you guys use for motivation during a diet to keep you strict? THis is my first attempt at a real cutting diet, and it is tougher than I thought. I've always eaten pretty clean, but nothing to diet down into the single diggits before.

Help me stay on track!!

Brian

GhettoSmurf
06-25-2003, 10:09 AM
think to yourself "if i eat this, will it help me get closer to my goals?"

just try to hold off until your carb-up :)

chops
06-25-2003, 10:20 AM
don't buy food you don't want to eat. out of sight, out of mind works well. keep your regular foods convenient so you'll have something readily available if you feel the urge to munch.

i planted the yummy white chocolate coconut godivas on top of my fridge. if i feel tempted, it's way up there and hard to reach, and the inconvenience of it reminds me "no, you don't want that".

what are you craving? there's lots of good substitutes that you can eat too.

JuniorMint6669
06-25-2003, 11:11 AM
Need motivation? Go join yoga that has a fiiiiiiiiiiine instructor thats all the motivation i need ;)

seriously though, im all for outta sight outta mind. when my sister bakes me food... i get weak... so instead i give it all away (shh dont tell her) I also find that eating the majority of my meals alone makes things easier, so i dont see all of the fast metabolism people scarfing down loads of food and staying thin.

Oh! and then my dad, hes my motivation. Damn he was in good shape when he was young. Now hes fat. I cant let myself go like he did. (shh dont tell him i said that either)

Okay so im a bad guy!~ shoot me :shoot::bash:

FattyBri
06-25-2003, 11:15 AM
LOL, my girlfriend is also a spinning instructor.....so therefore I have to take spinning classes!:) Actually, that is how i met her and she FFFFFIIIIIIIINNNNNEEEEE!! Way out of my league, don't know how I bagged this one.

If you guys have spinning at your gym....TAKE THIS CLASS!! Its about 45 minutes, goes by quick and is a great workout. I take at least 1 per week.

Brian

GhettoSmurf
06-25-2003, 01:31 PM
ive heard they are pretty intense. might want to watch out as to the amount of high intensity cardio your doing while on a CKD

raniali
06-25-2003, 03:15 PM
i remind myself that pain is temporary - the cravings are temporary, but the results are long term. you have a refeed on the weekend ... just think forward towards that.
post a pic of someone you want to look like -- post it in your kitchen.
also - when a craving hits, do something else to get your mind off food.
keep your head up, be strong and look forward.

Ace
06-25-2003, 03:21 PM
sugar free jello