PDA

View Full Version : cooking

Ferdo
06-25-2003, 06:03 PM
Does cooking things such as chicken wings well done decrease the amount of fat? I already trim the fat on the wings when i cut them up.

chops
06-25-2003, 06:05 PM
why don't u eat chicken breast? dark meat has more fat. even if u trim the fat, there's still residual fat there.

Ferdo
06-25-2003, 06:08 PM
I realize that. But I like to switch things up every once and a while. I go clean on evrything else, so i sub in junk food for meat that may have a little more fat, but still provides me protein.

Ferdo
06-25-2003, 06:10 PM
I realize that. But I like to switch things up every once and a while. I go clean on evrything else, so i sub in junk food for meat that may have a little more fat, but still provides me protein. I still eat my chicken breasts though

GhettoSmurf
06-25-2003, 08:09 PM
im not sure if how long ou cook it decreases the fat. but i can tell you that HOW you cook it can make a difference.

Berserker
06-25-2003, 09:06 PM
I agree wings are a good subsitute for junk food. Theres is fat but atleast theres protein too. Baking and the broiling would probably be the best way to go. I bake for an hour then broil 4-6 six minutes.
Unless your on a strict cut it isn't gonna kill you. Need to remember were more active then most people and eating better. So a little fat won't kill ya.

bradley
06-26-2003, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Ferdo
Does cooking things such as chicken wings well done decrease the amount of fat? I already trim the fat on the wings when i cut them up.

It might force some more grease out of the wings.

If you wanted to get rid of some of the extra fat you could use a paper towel or something to remove any excess grease/fat that is on the outside of the wings.