PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet - Please Review

Leviathan
06-26-2003, 01:02 PM
I've attached my cutting diet (although it is really more of a maintenance diet since I'm only trying to shed off about 5-10 pounds) for you guys to review. It is in Microsoft Excel format.

I order all my supplements from AST-SS through DPS Nutrition if any of you are wondering why I put specific supplement names in my nutrient breakdown.

Here are my stats:

Height: 6'0"
Weight: 210lbs.
BF%: ~14%

I've followed a clean bulk meticulously since February 2002 with occasional cheat days on weekends.

Any advice, suggestions, or changes would be appreciated.

Leviathan
06-26-2003, 06:04 PM
Come on guys. Already 21 views and no responses? I want to hear what you guys think.

raniali
06-26-2003, 06:12 PM
nearly 400g protein!?
that isn't even as surprising as your minimal 30g fat.

you really need to strike a better balance here. i might shoot for 30/30/40 even -- but if this is working for you, then don't fix what ain't broke.

Leviathan
06-26-2003, 06:19 PM
To clarify, this is essentially the same diet I used when bulking minus a meal and dairy products.

I'm trying to keep fat to a minimum, and get most of my fat from EFAs (i.e. Flax Oil). I will be using scheduled refeeds on weekends (still keeping it pretty clean, but upping the carbs and fat a bit).

I know the protein is pretty high, but I'm following the recommendations of Jeff Willet at AST-SS (who would've guessed since I buy all my supplements from them, too).

Holto
06-26-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Leviathan
I'm trying to keep fat to a minimum

why?

Scott S
06-26-2003, 07:08 PM
Unless you are using AS, your body is not going to be able to do anything with more than 210 g/day of protein (actually 168 g/day using the 0.8g/lb requirement from research). Upping your fat intake will not kill you, either. In fact, it will help your cut by making you feel more full.

bradley
06-27-2003, 02:17 AM
Originally posted by Leviathan
I'm trying to keep fat to a minimum, and get most of my fat from EFAs (i.e. Flax Oil). I will be using scheduled refeeds on weekends (still keeping it pretty clean, but upping the carbs and fat a bit).

I would go with fish oil over flax oil as far as omega 3s are concerned.

When performing a refeed you would not want to bump fat intake up, and I would recommend ~15% of cals from fat and most of these coming from EFAs.

I was unable to view the attachment so I am not sure what your diet looks like exactly.

I know the protein is pretty high, but I'm following the recommendations of Jeff Willet at AST-SS (who would've guessed since I buy all my supplements from them, too).

That website is not the best source of information IMO.