PDA

View Full Version : Refeed question.

greekboy80
06-26-2003, 04:38 PM
im cutting on the CKD currently. i usually refeed from saturday morning untill sunday night. the question is, do you guys know of any full flavor soft drinks or juices that dont use HFCS (High fructose corn syrup) as the sweetner? that stuff is crap and its in everything! Damn that Sh*T straight to He*l.

bradley
06-26-2003, 04:48 PM
Nope:)

You could make up some Kool-Aid or something similar using dextrose to help get in the amount of carbs that you need.

greekboy80
06-26-2003, 05:17 PM
BUMP--------theres gotta be some drinks with out HFCS, i know some juices dont have any(100% fruit juices, gatorade). i want a full flavor soda w/out and HFCS! Da*mit!!!!

bradley
06-26-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by greekboy80
BUMP--------theres gotta be some drinks with out HFCS, i know some juices dont have any(100% fruit juices, gatorade). i want a full flavor soda w/out and HFCS! Da*mit!!!!

Well 100% fruit juice does contain fructose (not HFCS) and I believe Gatorade contains HFCS as well.

When refeeding you want to take in some fructose to help refill liver glycogen, but I would be careful not to go overboard. If you are consuming simple carbs that contain sucrose then you are probably getting enough fructose as it is.

greekboy80
06-26-2003, 07:49 PM
thanks brad...i checked on the gatorade and its main sweetner is sucrose syrup/glucose syrup, no HFCS(in the ones i checked), but on the other hand...Powerade has it listed as their #1 and only sweetner. P-ade is crap!