PDA

View Full Version : Updated Diet - Still Need Help

Leviathan
06-26-2003, 09:45 PM
I've updated the attached spreadsheet to include nutrient breakdowns for Monday, Wednesday, Friday; Tuesday, Thursday; and, Saturday, Sunday. It also has a supplement calculator, but that is simply for my own budgeting purposes.

Anyway, in the previous thread related to this topic everyone thought I should reduce the protein to ~1g per lb. Unfortunately, I've been working on this sucker for awhile and I can't really figure out a way to do that, while still keeping my diet clean, and staying above 2800 cals/day. I'd like to keep the number of cals/day around 3000 if possible.

Also, I used the nutritional calculator at AST-SS to get an estimate of what I should be taking in each day to gain lean muscle and keep fat off. It said 3150 calories, 401g protein, 280g carbs, and 45g fat. What do you think of this ratio?

Basically, if you are going to suggest I change the diet, please offer suggestions on what I should replace with what.

Thanks.

Holto
06-26-2003, 11:48 PM
did you choose the ratios ?

if so why ?

bradley
06-27-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Leviathan
Also, I used the nutritional calculator at AST-SS to get an estimate of what I should be taking in each day to gain lean muscle and keep fat off. It said 3150 calories, 401g protein, 280g carbs, and 45g fat. What do you think of this ratio?

I think you should take in ~1g of protein per lb. of bw as was previously suggested and get ~25% of your daily cals from fat. You can fill in the rest of the cals with carbs if you like, but it really does not matter that much once protein and fat intake is taken care of.

I was unable to view your attachment so I can not offer advice on your diet, but if you paste it in the thread I will be happy to do so:)

raniali
06-27-2003, 11:23 AM
drop the flax and add more fish oil
add more fats in general