PDA

View Full Version : Screwed up Sleep/Calories....

JustinASU
06-27-2003, 12:20 PM
How the heck does one calculate calories when one has screwed up their sleep/eating schedule so bad? Take this situation for example: a guy stays up till ohh, 5:30am and fights off hunger until he can no longer take it and has a bowl of whole wheat cereal. Guy falls asleep and wakes up at 9 because he had some things to do so he grabs a protein shake, a banana, and a scoop of natty pb. Guy goes back to sleep until 2pm and now is confused about what cals he should actually count for today....errr umm by no means would I screw up my scedule like this but ya know its good to know for future reference...

JustinASU
06-27-2003, 12:23 PM
P.S. I was thinking about turning today into a big fat cheat day since I got all screwy....but then I'm screwing my diet....

WillKuenzel
06-27-2003, 12:25 PM
I just think of it as the longest period of time that I sleep as being the end of a day and the beginning of another. I used to work nights so my schedule was pretty weird. Sounds like that you just count the short sleep cycles as naps and the longer ones as the end of days.

raniali
06-27-2003, 12:27 PM
why not just worry about each 24hr cycle - instead of sleep patterns?

JustinASU
06-27-2003, 12:39 PM
Will, that sounds like solid advice and it was what I was going to do...

Raniali, Are you saying that the cereal and the breakfast would then count for today despit my getting in a good 6-7 hours of sleep somewhere in there? Or are you saying count from 2pm (when I woke up) onward?

raniali
06-27-2003, 01:39 PM
if you want to count from 2pm to 2pm the next day - you could but i think that would get cumbersome.
i would just stick with a normal 24hr cycle (12am - 11:59pm) - and calculate daily calories from there.