PDA

View Full Version : Diet plans and advice from everyone

NormalDude
06-28-2003, 07:33 PM
I have asked before and got really good help from bradly and sp. I have been reading alot of the posts on this site in hopes to put a diet together. There is so much infomation I get confused. I know diets work different for everyone but is there anyone who has a bulking diet ( ~3000 - 3500 cal ) already put together that I can just copy. That would be a hugh help to me so i can just go out and get the stuff needed. Thanks a million.

the doc
06-28-2003, 07:42 PM
its real easy
buy a LOT of lean steak, chicken, pork, fish
buy some sweet potatoes, oats, whole wheat pasta
buy lots of good green and other vegetables

buy a nutrition book from walmart that has all the calories per serving.

compose meals that you enjoy, total up the cals and voila!

GhettoSmurf
06-28-2003, 09:47 PM
check out my journal bro

ive been eating ~3300 calories daily. feel free to stop in.

but im not promising you'll like all the meals i eat.

NormalDude
06-29-2003, 10:55 PM
Ok ghetto I checked out your journal and it seems easy enough the diet I mean. I cant stand cottage cheese tho. And what is a MRP? And does that cover pretty much everything you need? I gotta sub the last meal. Is Honey ok to eat? I also assume that your using skim milk? Also how long do you stay on the same diet? Anyone who wants to answer any of my questions would be great. Thanks

bradley
06-30-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by NormalDude
And what is a MRP? And does that cover pretty much everything you need?

MRP= Meal Replacement

MRPs are used mainly for convenience and they can be made different ways according to your goals. Most consist of protein powder, carb source, and a fat source mixed in water or milk. You can check out the recipe section for some ideas on various shakes.

Is Honey ok to eat?

Honey is a combination of glucose and fructose (~50/50), so probably best used pre/post workout. Although a small amount here and there would not hurt anything since you are trying to gain weight.

Also how long do you stay on the same diet?

Well you could stay on the same diet as long as you needed, although you would probably have to adjust the calories to suit your current goals. The food choices could stay pretty much the same because your diet should be providing adequate nutrients, etc.

As far as how long to bulk/cut would depend on your personal goals.

pruneman
06-30-2003, 05:56 AM
IMO the most important thing about a diet is variety. This helps to ensure that you are getting the necessary vitamins and minerals. Many bodybuilders (including myself, although I try to avoid it) get into a routine of eating the same foods every day.
I would also recommend using fitday.com to measure your daily caloric intake and the sources of your calories. As far as macronutrient ratios are concerned, I personally do not believe that they are terribly important. I believe that it is more important to simply eat enough of each and not worry about the ratios. This is just my personal opinion, but I think that a number of BBers eat entirely too much protein. Numerous studies have shown that eating 1-1.2 grams of protein per pound of body weight are sufficient to promote muscle growth.
I also try to avoid using too many supplements like protein powder. Don't misunderstand me on this one, I do advocate the use of protein powder...just not to the exclusion of real food.

Well, I have to get to work. would love to post more. I hope I haven't stepped on too many toes. peace