PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here in college?

Accipiter
08-21-2001, 10:06 PM
How does your mealplans work? mine you get 3 a day max, kinda makes things a bit more difficult as far as calorie intake goes.

Big Show
08-21-2001, 10:44 PM
I was in college untill a few months ago I never had a problem getting in 5-6 meals a day. The easiest solution would be to invest in MRPs and meal replacement bars to take to class. Than you can have a protein and carb filled lunch, also perhaps make sure that you get up early enough to have a good breakfast. Another thing is you could consider buying skim milk powder as 1 50g scoop contains 180 cal, 16-18g protein, 23g carbs and less than 1g of fat. Hope this helps :)

syntekz
08-21-2001, 10:48 PM
I WAS going to go to college and had a 3 a day meal plan. I was just gonna bring a blender and buy protein powder. Just mix it together with skim milk in between meals or classes.

Got a small fridge in ur dorm?

machaf
08-22-2001, 12:09 AM
I'm on the 2 meal plan.
I figure I'm going to get a refridge, by enough food for 1 more meal a day, then use two protien shakes.

Anyone here going to University of North Dakota? I am :)

Hercules
08-22-2001, 01:08 AM
i'm in college, lol, a 25 year old freshman. gotta get my nursing degree though. anyway, i live off of campus, thank God, and so i control what i eat when i eat it. makes life simple. i would'nt use the meal ticket you get as school food is not always the best quality. i'd use the meal ticket money to buy tuna, milk, protein powder, vitamins, veggies, fruit and whole wheat products if you choose to use them. that is what i would do and may have to do when and if i transfer to auburn nursing school, if i get accepted but that is like 2 years away. peace man!

Allie
08-22-2001, 01:21 AM
Here at MSU they do your meals by the week there is a 10 meal, 15, meal, 20 meal, or unlimited meal plan. I hate cafe food so I have the 10 meal plan.

gino
08-22-2001, 05:54 AM
Get some money and buy groceries.

Sun
08-22-2001, 05:57 AM
OK Mr. filet mignon only when I'm bulking. :D

IceRgrrl
08-22-2001, 05:59 AM
The blender idea is great...if you can also get a small fridge, you can keep milk, cottage cheese, fruit, yogurt, etc. as well as the usual peanut butter, tuna, wheat bread, oatmeal.

MRP shakes and protein bars are a good add. You can bring bars with you anywhere for a quick meal.

It won't be easy, but it's worth it!

Pup
08-22-2001, 08:39 AM
I'm in college, i use the 15 meal plan, plus i buy lots of groceries and have a crockpot, microwave, and a blender. Just buy lots of food in bulk, eggs, oats, brown rice, natty pb, etc. Its also a good idea to have an mrp or protein shake handy, especially in those 3 hour lectures :mad:

Accipiter
08-22-2001, 03:34 PM
Yeah, I like all the ideas, gonna try em. Well, Holy Cross here I come again.

IceRgrrl
08-23-2001, 04:55 AM
pup's crockpot suggestion is great! There's lots of easy stuff you can make where you just throw everything in the crockpot in the morning, plug it in, and dinner is ready when you come home.

I use mine a lot, esp when things are crazy and I don't have time to really cook. If you want some recipes for the crockpot, PM me...

Budiak
08-26-2001, 02:18 PM
Meet your new best friend.

Tuna. Buy lots of it. People will look at your wierd, they'll pinch their nose as they pass your room, but hey, break their necks. you got protein.

Your other best friend, which may involve tuna, sandwiches.

Hell, if your cafeteria has a sandwich bar, have them make some for you and stash them in your jacket or other pocket bearing garment. Go back to your room and wrap them in foil. Blammo. Instant lunch/dinner/snack/bait.