PDA

View Full Version : HELP- Rate my diet!

jhk99
07-01-2003, 02:36 PM
I started lifting in January and I've gradually adjusted my diet to look like this:

Early Morning- 2/3 of protein shake (in skim milk and water)

Mid Morning- 4 egg whites, 2 slices whole wheat toast, cereal, skim milk (1 cup)

Lunch- 2 grilled chicken breasts, rice (1 cup), veggies, yogurt (6 oz.)

Mid Afternoon- Protein shake w/ skim milk (1 cup) and water

Dinner- Either 2 chicken breasts with rice and veggies or steak, rice and veggies.

Before Bed- 1/3 of protein shake I didn't finish in the morning.

My goal is to, ofcourse, build more muscle but at the same time I want to get rid of the fat around my mid-section.

Do you think I'm eating too much?:confused:

I definitely see progress in building muscle but no luck with my stomach. Any recommendations? I'm getting very discouraged...

raniali
07-01-2003, 02:45 PM
i don't think you are eating enough fat (EFAs)

what do you mean "no luck with your stomach" ? are u concerned that you are building muscle and not simultaneously cutting up?

jhk99
07-01-2003, 03:28 PM
What do you recommend I add to my diet to include more EFA's?

To clarify what I meant by "no luck with my stomach", I see changes in every body part except my stomach. All I see is a layer of blob!:cry:

raniali
07-01-2003, 03:37 PM
fish oil for starters
olive oil
pb
nuts
....and coconut oil if you can find/afford it

don't be afraid of fat. the good stuff only helps you.

and - if you are seeing progress, count your blessings. things don't change overnight and i think it is easier to focus on either gaining muscle OR losing fat --- although there are a few on the boards who are blessed with incredible genetics and can do both at once.

GhettoSmurf
07-06-2003, 08:34 AM
more carbs in the meal early in the morning (unless the protein shake has carbs)

mid-morning, lose the cereal, have some oatmeal :)

at lunch, make sure the yogurt is plain yogurt, not flavored

and more EFA's