PDA

View Full Version : Chinese, Thai, and Indian food during bulking..

MD2000
07-01-2003, 07:22 PM
My friend married a Chinese woman..and he himself is Indian..I hadn't seen him for over a year (since he got married)..I saw him yesterday and he was stronger, healthier and bigger then I've ever seen him..I asked him what his secret is..and he said he ate a lot of rice and chinese and indian food..

So is eating foods such as Chinese, Indian, Thai daily..with rice a bad thing? I mean..you get the carbs..and if you get fish or chicken you get the protein..right?

bradley
07-02-2003, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by MD2000
So is eating foods such as Chinese, Indian, Thai daily..with rice a bad thing? I mean..you get the carbs..and if you get fish or chicken you get the protein..right?

Definitely not a bad thing, and I would also imagine that they use a lot of healthy oils and nuts when preparing foods. I do not know much about the exact methods and ingredients that the different cultures use in their cooking, but from what I have seen on TV and in recipe books they do most of their cooking using healthy fat sources. This would provide protein, carbs, and healthy fats which is what is needed in the first place.

hemants
07-02-2003, 06:17 AM
Home made stuff is probably good. But watch out for the restaurant stuff since much of it is doused in too much oil.

paisano
07-02-2003, 06:37 PM
For the most part, I think "real" Asian cooking is pretty healthy, but alot of the dishes served at most Chinese restaurants are "Americanized", meaning it's loaded with salt, fat, sugar and msg. My girlfriend is Asian, and the dishes that she makes are pretty lean and healthy. The only thing that could be a problem is that they typically have a large portion of white rice with every meal, this usually means at least 2:1, carbs to protein. OK for bulking, but I usually ask her to beef up the protein, and I usually don't have as much white rice as she does. She usually eats twice as much white rice as me and she's pretty skinny, but I guess it's all about total calories and not so much the "high GI" white rice.

Ironman8
07-02-2003, 10:34 PM
Asian Beefbowls is a good bulking food :). I guess you can switch the white rice for brown rice though.