PDA

View Full Version : creatine after lifting or cardio

Stabber
07-02-2003, 12:41 PM
Lately i've been doing my lifting/cardio about 2 hours apart. I usually have a postworkout shake (protein/creatine) after lifting.
Eat a small meal.

Then hit the cardio and eat afterwards.
Is this ok?

bradley
07-02-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Stabber
Lately i've been doing my lifting/cardio about 2 hours apart. I usually have a postworkout shake (protein/creatine) after lifting.
Eat a small meal.

Then hit the cardio and eat afterwards.
Is this ok?

IMO I would try to seperate cardio from my last meal by about 2 hours but this is more or less to avoid any stomach discomfort during my cardio session.

As far as how far to seperate cardio from lifting I would try and seperate by more than 2 hours so as to allow my body more time to recover from the weight workout. I am not for sure as to how much difference this would make but more recovery is usually a good thing:)

With the above being said I think the type of cardio would also be important. HIIT cadio would be much more stressful on the body as compared to moderate intensity cardio.

Basically if this is the only time that you have in your schedule to perform cardio then I would stick with it, and the main thing is it working for you? You could also consider performing cardio on your off days.

Stabber
07-02-2003, 03:57 PM
thanks man. when should i intake the creatine? After cardio or weights?

The cardio is mid intensity. tennis

Holto
07-02-2003, 04:24 PM
I say minnimum 4 hrs between workouts...

no need to take the creatine After cardio your not depleting your ATP/CP stores much doing cardio unless it's sprinting

bradley
07-02-2003, 05:08 PM
I agree with Holto in that you should take your creatine after your weight workout. Your post workout shake should include carbs, and the insulin response from the carbs will help with creatine absorption.