PDA

View Full Version : cutting question?

furious
07-02-2003, 01:09 PM
I have been bulking for like 2 weeks and I have gained about 7-10 lbs, the problem is my diet has been really ****e. I have seen my abs essentially dissapear and this leads to my question. If I clean up my diet and really stick to essentially protein and clean carbs during a cut, can i expect to drop a good deal of bodyfat in a short amount of time? I would wager I am at 13-15% bodyfat at the moment. Any advice/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

bradley
07-02-2003, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by furious
I have been bulking for like 2 weeks and I have gained about 7-10 lbs, the problem is my diet has been really ****e. I have seen my abs essentially dissapear and this leads to my question. If I clean up my diet and really stick to essentially protein and clean carbs during a cut, can i expect to drop a good deal of bodyfat in a short amount of time? I would wager I am at 13-15% bodyfat at the moment. Any advice/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Unless you have drastically increased your calories I doubt that you have actually put on 7-10lbs. of fat. I would imagine that you have some extra water/glycogen weight along with some LBM/fat.

If you drop your cals back down to below maintenance then you will lose weight, and the degree of the caloric deficit that you create will determine how much weight that you lose. Trying to lose too much too fast could result in LBM losses.