PDA

View Full Version : Help, How does my diet rate ????

Maxgain
07-02-2003, 03:38 PM
I am an ectomorph with a very thin bone frame I have already gained nearly 2 stone in the last 10 months but am still very thin at approx 150 pounds and standing at near 6 foot.I try to get my six meals in a day but cannot put on weight in the last while and if anything it goes to fat on my stomach I need help to seriously bulk up especially for my upper body frame.Here is what i am currently eating along with training 4 times a week.

Meal 1- piece of fruit
- bowl of porridge
- 5 egg white 2 yolks scrambled/80g tuna
- small yoghurt
- 1 scoop whey in milk(non training days)

Meal 2-protein bar (31g whey)
- cereal bar (30g carbs)
- piece fruit

Meal 3-large dish pasta and steak

Meal 4-chicken breast and brown rice

Meal 5-meat potato and vegetable

Meal 6-Tuna
- 2 scoops whey protein (taken after training training days and morning scoop taken then for meal 6)

Also take approx 3l water a day creatine glutamine amino acids multivitamin and extra vit c

Please advise thanks

bradley
07-02-2003, 04:21 PM
If you are not gaining weight then you need to increase your daily cals a bit. Just increase your daily cals in small increments each week until you are gaining a small amount of weight each week (~.5lb).

Looks as though you could use some more fat in your diet, escpecially EFAs. Try including some oily fish, fish oil, olive oil, flax oil, nuts, or natural peanut butter into your diet. IMO you should try and get ~25% of your daily cals from fat.

The addition of some carbs in your post workout shake would also be beneficial.