PDA

View Full Version : Calorie Dense Food

Verble Kint
07-03-2003, 08:13 AM
I've been working out for a few weeks now and i'm trying to increase my caloric intake. But at the moment, my body is still trying to adjust to the increase of meals throughout the course of the day. I'm trying to eat about 2500 calories per day for the time being but seem to be coming up short more often than not. What are some calorie-dense foods that you'd recommend for breakfast, lunch or dinner?

ElPietro
07-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Bacon and steak. :)

It may take a bit for your stomach to expand so if you can keep it up it should get easier.

bradley
07-03-2003, 09:02 AM
nuts, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, oats, beans, oils (olive oil, fish oil, flax oil), milk

Another option would be to consume more liquid calories (shakes) which would not fill you up as much as whole food.

Scott S
07-03-2003, 10:00 AM
If you are lactose tolerant, milk is a good way to drink calories as well.

Ironman8
07-03-2003, 11:15 AM
I also recommend natty pb. 200 calories per serving, and has the healthy fats.

the doc
07-03-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by bradley
nuts, peanut butter, sweet potatoes, oats, beans, oils (olive oil, fish oil, flax oil), milk

Another option would be to consume more liquid calories (shakes) which would not fill you up as much as whole food.

Listen to this guy!
;)

ZeroBurn
07-04-2003, 03:54 AM
everytime i'm feeling calorically defecient i'll just whip out a natty pb sandwich with a honkin' glass of milk.

Isaac Wilkins
07-04-2003, 09:37 PM
If you're simply trying to add calories, find ways to sneak them in:

Add chocolate to your milk. (100+ cals)

Add a piece of cheese here and there. (100+ cals)

Olive oil, it's your friend (for many, many reasons, which are often outlined here in the forum). (120 cals/tbsp)

Like pancakes? Add syrup. (100+ cals)

Most of these are high GI carbs, which are not the best way to go. However, if you're honestly having a hard time with bulk of food and trying to bulk, then these will cheat an extra couple of hundred cals a day into your meal plan easily.

Try to throw down a half an ounce of peanuts with every meal. It's only a few nuts, and it'll add up quickly in terms of calories by the day's end.

JuniorMint6669
07-05-2003, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by ZeroBurn
everytime i'm feeling calorically defecient i'll just whip out a natty pb sandwich with a honkin' glass of milk.

Im 500 calories short right now, was trying to figure out what to eat. Then I read this... You, my friend, are my hero ;)

Verble Kint
07-05-2003, 01:23 AM
thanks for all the help, i appreciate it....