PDA

View Full Version : is going 4 hours with no food bad?

Stabber
07-07-2003, 09:46 AM
I ate around 7:45 this morning, and couldnt sit down for another meal til 11:30 due to my work schedule. I got a little hungry around 9:00am so I popped a couple peanuts.

Breakfeast this morning was 2 eggs with cheese and protein shake in water.

Relentless
07-07-2003, 10:01 AM
well.... define BAD

you go for more hours than that without food every night, man . . .

realistically, it may not be *optimal* for you, if you're trying to bulk or cut particularly, but going that long without eating every so often ain't gonna kill you

Ironman8
07-07-2003, 11:03 AM
4 hours? I doubt it.

Holto
07-07-2003, 11:35 AM
lots of studies have been posted that were testing dieters and the evidence suggested there was little difference in 2 OR 5 meals

I think if your meals are planned out to be eaten every 3 hrs that could be a problem but if you plan on going 4 hrs naturally your meals will be larger and that will work fine

bradley
07-07-2003, 02:08 PM
http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=32700&highlight=meal+frequency

Maybe that will help:)

dreamwrld99
07-09-2003, 03:30 PM
you should be eating about every 3 hours to keep your metabolism high. the more you eat the more fat you lose, of course it depends on what you are eating

bradley
07-09-2003, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by dreamwrld99
you should be eating about every 3 hours to keep your metabolism high. the more you eat the more fat you lose, of course it depends on what you are eating

Click on the link I posted above, which contradicts what you are saying. As long as you are eating a meal upon waking and before bed, there is not going to be a significant difference in between 3 meals per day and 6 meals per day.

This would assume of course that you are taking in the same amount of cals and macronutrients, but eating them in larger meals.

zwarrior99
07-09-2003, 06:18 PM
It just helps keep your metabolism up. I have the same problem like you, if you ask me no biggie. I just feel the intense hunger, more when I go longer than 2 hours without food. But I deal with it, just like I deal with the fact of not having enough money or time.

ryan1117
07-09-2003, 07:12 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about something as small as 4 hours.

bradley
07-10-2003, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by zwarrior99
It just helps keep your metabolism up. I have the same problem like you, if you ask me no biggie. I just feel the intense hunger, more when I go longer than 2 hours without food. But I deal with it, just like I deal with the fact of not having enough money or time.

Well according to the studies that I have read there was no difference in energy expenditure over the course of the day between 3 meals per day and 6 meals per day.