PDA

View Full Version : cottage cheese for bulking

furious
07-07-2003, 03:21 PM
hey,

I am bulking as the topic implys, and I was wondering how effective cottage cheese is as a carb/protein source as opposed to other popular choices mentioned, such as oats, potatos, etc. I have found I actually love the taste and texture, and thus have been consuming cottage cheese as my primary carb source. Please let me knoe your opinions, and thoughts on this, and I hope to hear from you soon.

Scott S
07-07-2003, 03:46 PM
I eat about 3 cups a day. It's a bodybuilding staple for many.

Behemoth
07-07-2003, 04:59 PM
You make cottage cheese your primary carb source? :eek: tuttut

raniali
07-07-2003, 05:06 PM
the question really becomes: what does your body do with the galactose??
lactose = glucose + galactose

3. Galactose is not generally found free in nature in large amounts. It combines with glucose to form a double sugar called lactose. Lactose is in milk and in other dairy products. Lactose is what gives milk its sweet taste. Once absorbed into the body, galactose is changed into either glucose or made into a storage form of glucose in the liver and muscle, called glycogen.

i probably wouldn't rely on lactose for all my carbs, because fiber and many other vitamins/etc are absent from dairy.

chops
07-07-2003, 05:08 PM
cottage cheese doeesn't have that many carbs and is viewed as a good protein source. each serving typically has approx 14g protein/4 carbs (vary slightly for diff brands, check your label).

Ironman8
07-07-2003, 06:57 PM
Why don't you include more sources of carbs in your diet? Like brown rice, wheat bread, oatmeal, etc.

Relentless
07-07-2003, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by chops
cottage cheese doeesn't have that many carbs and is viewed as a good protein source. each serving typically has approx 14g protein/4 carbs (vary slightly for diff brands, check your label).

:withstupi

aye, it is actually comparatively low in carbs

eat your veggies, silly bwoy! Much better carbs! :D

furious
07-07-2003, 10:42 PM
aye, as long as you dont accuse me of being a bhoy mate. Celtic is ****e.

Isaac Wilkins
07-08-2003, 07:38 AM
I agree with the rest. The sheer volume of cottage cheese one would have to consume on a bulk to make it a primary carb source would be prohibitive. Most I've seen have 5g per serving, so I'll go with that.

5g/serving = 20g/pound. That would also have about 52g of protein.

Since you're bulking, you'll probably be over 200g of carbs per day. Now do you see the concern?

That's about 3200 cals worth of cottage cheese, or 10 pounds. Obviously you'd take in other things, and the carbs do count, but to make it a primary source... Whooooooooo.

emjlr3
06-04-2007, 08:04 AM
i dont recall him implying it was going to be his premier source of carbs/protein, only a source

I assume he was just wondering how good it was as compared to the widely used potatoes/rice/etc.

getfit
06-04-2007, 08:52 AM
i dont recall him implying it was going to be his premier source of carbs/protein, only a source

I assume he was just wondering how good it was as compared to the widely used potatoes/rice/etc.

have you checked the year of this thread? 2003 ;)

emjlr3
06-04-2007, 09:59 AM
I fail at life...sry about that..did nto even realize, I wonder how I even came by it lol