PDA

View Full Version : TOO much eating

frankm007
07-08-2003, 05:26 PM
I currently eat 6 meals (2 of which are the pre and post shakes), however, i find that it might be better for me, to add one more meal (a small snack with PB and cottage cheese perhaps before bedtime), my question is..with my already pretty fast metabolism, wont that make it even FASTER and defeat the purpose of bulking?

or like i believe...it doesnt matter how many meals really, just the end calories

LAM
07-08-2003, 05:30 PM
IMO..I wouldn't count the pre and post wo shakes as meals

frankm007
07-08-2003, 05:35 PM
4 meals then, alright i can definitely add a bedtime meal then :) thanx! (so many questions! hehe i know)

bradley
07-09-2003, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by frankm007
or like i believe...it doesnt matter how many meals really, just the end calories

I agree with the above statement:)

If you want another meal just add one in.

dirty-c
07-10-2003, 02:37 PM
I notice that a lot of people here say the eat peanut butter. I used to also. However, I've read that the oil in peanut butter isn't peanut oil, but partially hydrogenated oil. Actually, you can confirm this. Just pick your favorite brand and read the ingredients, they all have it.

Y2A
07-10-2003, 02:49 PM
Thats why we eat Natural PB. Ingredients: peanuts, salt :)

Ironman8
07-10-2003, 03:00 PM
Is you can get the natty PB without the salt :D

bradley
07-10-2003, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by dirty-c
I notice that a lot of people here say the eat peanut butter. I used to also. However, I've read that the oil in peanut butter isn't peanut oil, but partially hydrogenated oil. Actually, you can confirm this. Just pick your favorite brand and read the ingredients, they all have it.

This article has been posted a few times, but I thought you might like to take a look:)

While I agree that natural peanut butter is probably the healthiest choice, hydrogenated fats in peanut butter are not that big of a concern. The added sugar is enough for to stick with natural.

http://www.ars.usda.gov/is/pr/2001/010612.htm

AJ_11
07-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Originally posted by LAM
IMO..I wouldn't count the pre and post wo shakes as meals

Why wouldn't you, you are still injesting those cals. Suppose someone took in 1000K before and after a workout, they would still be stored as fat in the end if the caloric exceed thier energy expenditure. I am not trying to start something but I am just wondering why those meals shouldn't count.