PDA

View Full Version : Dieting question

Sinep
07-08-2003, 08:08 PM
I'm dieting right now and my calorie intake is about 2100/day. My carbs are at 30% right now (160g/day). I've lost 8 pounds in 4-5 weeks and kept all my muscle but now it seems to be stabilizing. Should I cut the calories, decrease the carbs or do more cardio?

Isaac Wilkins
07-08-2003, 08:18 PM
What % bf are you? Given your size in your vid, I'd doubt that you should dip below 2100. I think that's far too low anyway.

What do you do now for cardio? You could potentially raise calories and start cardio. Observe some repartitioning effects, or very slowly lower cals from a higher number than 2100.

Perhaps incorporate a refeed or two, weekly or even bi-weekly if you're lean enough.

Sinep
07-08-2003, 08:31 PM
My starting weight was 195-197 and now I am 187 at 5'7. My bf, I'm not sure but here's a picture, waist is about 33. I'd feel bad raising my calories since my body doesn't seem to be starving right now, like my strenght is as good as when I was over 3k calories and I never feel hungry. Slow metabolism I must have.

bradley
07-09-2003, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by Sinep
My starting weight was 195-197 and now I am 187 at 5'7. My bf, I'm not sure but here's a picture, waist is about 33. I'd feel bad raising my calories since my body doesn't seem to be starving right now, like my strenght is as good as when I was over 3k calories and I never feel hungry. Slow metabolism I must have.

Try adding in a refeed once a week, which should help in getting weight loss started again. You will want to eat a little over maintenance cals when refeeding. Stick to getting ~1g of protein per lb. of bw, ~15% of cas from fat (remember to takin in some EFAs), and then fill in the rest of your cals with carbs.

I agree with Borris in that you should probably not cut cals any lower, at least not at this point.