PDA

View Full Version : Long way to go

nismodreams
07-08-2003, 09:34 PM
First I'd like to thank all the WBB members for all the help and info. I used to post a little more in the sep '02 to feb'03 period. I gained about 25lbs in a 6 month period but I couldn't have done it without all the help an info i got here. Also got lucky in the training partner department where my workmate was a serious lifter and had 13 years lifting experience under his belt. Learned so much whoa!

Ok i've finally got the will the start a journal. Being away from the gym for 4 months(way too much partying) sucked! Today was leg day-my fav! Heres a little bit of lifting background and stats:

age 25
height 5'8
weight 120lbs
(superectomorph)

lifting history:
'96-'00 lifted for a period of 6-8 months about three times on and off

sep '02 to feb '03, 112lbs to 137lbs. Even tho i've been eating good i dropped back to 120(last checked july 5th)...damn my body loves to burn...I'm relying on that term whats it called muscle memory or at least thats what i'd like to believe..

the goal now is to reach preset goal of 150 lbs this year...this goal was preset last new years or christmas time (was around 133 then). I know this might seem a little far-fetched but i get motivated like that...thats just stupid me..

Todays workout:
squats 6 sets
straight leg deadlifts 3 sets
lunges 3 sets
calf raise 4 sets
barbell curls
dumbell curls
cable bicep pulls
(light weights for time-off)

now ima try forcin down some more chapatis and kebobs :)

Bruteman
07-09-2003, 06:52 AM
Good luck in reaching your goals! Hope we can be of help in your effort to reach them.

Oh yeah, :spam: !

Stabber
07-09-2003, 07:05 AM
Good luck bro. Long live the R34 GTR :D

Stabber
07-09-2003, 07:06 AM
almost forgot :spam:

nismodreams
07-09-2003, 11:20 AM
Hey thanks for the comments guys:) and yes the R34 <drool>

Woke up with butts sore as hell. Quads, calves and bis not as sore as i expected they would be but the lunges were harsh. Either that or the squats i was doing putting a lotta stress on the glutes. Also the cough wont go away. Its been in my system for almost a week now dammnit. I'll wait a few more hours and see how i feel for workout today or rest....

JustinF
07-09-2003, 11:26 AM
:spam: Good luck with your goals bro. I wish I had your metabolism!! :D

nismodreams
07-10-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey justin i'd trade my metabolism for yours anyday :)

So yeah yesterday i took off damn the coughs still there...ended up going to friends place had lotsa beer...not good i gotta get stronger when it comes to saying no to beer dammit...

todays meals so far
MEAL 1
2 fried broccoli omellete with one toast, 3 glasses of OJ(i was dehydrated from drinkin last night), 1/2 a pear, a cup of tea with milk and honey

MEAL 2
small bowl of macaroni with meatballs, 1 boiled egg, half banana, glass of chilled milk

MEAL 3
(almost time)

todays gonna be BACK, a little chest, and lots triceps..i'm waitin for new training partner to finish work :)

Stabber
07-10-2003, 05:36 PM
cut back on the beer dude. Not good for you . Do summersaults if you need a buzz that bad :D

Mik
07-10-2003, 05:56 PM
Good luck getting past 150 man!

nismodreams
07-10-2003, 10:13 PM
stabber: this weekend project is attempting summersaults :D

mik: thanks!!

Meal 3
1 microwaved potato with minced beef fried, half banana

Workout went pretty good..
Cable lat pulldowns
bent over rows
1 lightweight set of deadlift
dumbell rows
skullcrushers
closegrips
tricep cable pulldowns
In one of the sets of dumbell rows when i added alittle weight, my back and shoulder lost the pump in the middle of the set. Biceps felt stressed and I had to stop. This only happened on the left side. Right side went real smooth. I later did a left-only set with lighter weight. I'm thinking of starting with left from now on...I used to do this in the last period (sep '02-feb'03)...also my whole left side is generally weaker...

Meal 4(right after gym)
cup of white rice, with fried meat stocks, and fried turnips(i'm indian :p ), glass of milk, cup of tea

Meal 5
oatmeal and some yoghurt...

bedtime!!

RuLess
07-10-2003, 10:21 PM
wow ur small bro get the workin.. U CAN DO IT!!

pz

ElPietro
07-11-2003, 07:54 AM
What gym do you train at?

nismodreams
07-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Ruless, thanks dude!
LP, right now the gym is under the house of my friend in the basement :D but ima get a membership at planet workout(live real close to it) or golds. I love golds but Hendersons getting greedy me thinks over 60bucks/month :eek: i was there last year and also @ bodyworks for a bit in brampton on steeles and 410. Its a good deal under 30/month but far from me...i hate premiere gyms tho...which one are you at??

July 11 '03

So this morning i got up alittle early with little soreness compared to last few days...didn't feel hungry i ate a lot yesterday...so sat on the puter for about an hour then made my trip to the kitchen...

Meal 1
2 fried broccoli eggs, 2 toast, glass of OJ, banana, cup of tea

Meal 2
2 pieces of chicken in soy sauce, half cup white rice, 2 large taplespoons of plain yoghurt, 1/2 a pear.

Meal 3
almost time

contemplating on whether i should workout today or just eat today...

nismodreams
07-15-2003, 11:46 PM
ok time for an entry...
friday and sat were spent partyin and sunday just at home...
today was chest and biceps...
incline press x 4
bench press x 3
flyes x 3
dumbell pullovers x 3
barbell curls
dumbell curls
cable bicep pulls

Meals today were average and i'm sippin on milk mostly...gotta go protein shoppin ahem grocery shoppin tomorrow...uncles stayin over from overseas so all family time dammnit...

tomorrows gonna be leg day..hopefully with better meals...lookin forward to it....

ElPietro
07-16-2003, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by nismodreams
LP, right now the gym is under the house of my friend in the basement :D but ima get a membership at planet workout(live real close to it) or golds. I love golds but Hendersons getting greedy me thinks over 60bucks/month :eek: i was there last year and also @ bodyworks for a bit in brampton on steeles and 410. Its a good deal under 30/month but far from me...i hate premiere gyms tho...which one are you at??

Ok, don't know where Planet is, but I almost joined the Gold's last year. Wasn't expensive when I inquired though. Maybe $450 for the year. That would be maybe a 10 minute drive for me. Now I train at Monster gym right off the 401 and Kipling, on Ronson. Yeah, premiere and all those frou frou chains that are just imitation bally's are all gay. They all have a 10'x10' free weight section that all the juice monkeys are at, trying to impress all the scantily clad women with how loud they can grunt doing arm curls in their spandex pants and tank tops.

Herc
07-16-2003, 12:54 PM
:dj: :spam: :spam:

Good Luck on the goals and new journal!

:thumbup: