PDA

View Full Version : yogurt carbs. dextrose sugar

Stabber
07-10-2003, 06:49 AM
I like 98% fat free breyers yogurt with fruit on bottom( I AM NOT GOING TO EAT PLAIN YOGURT SO DONT MAKE ME). My question is,
it has like 220 calories and 45 carbs. Are these good carbs or bad carbs.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I just bought some dextrose and the sugars are 75g a serving!?! Is this ok?

bradley
07-10-2003, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by Stabber
I like 98% fat free breyers yogurt with fruit on bottom( I AM NOT GOING TO EAT PLAIN YOGURT SO DONT MAKE ME). My question is,
it has like 220 calories and 45 carbs. Are these good carbs or bad carbs.

Well most all of the carbs are from sugar so that is probably not the best choice as far as carbs go, but they are not necessarily bad. Just make sure you take into account the cals and count them towards your daily calorie intake.

Although I think you would be better off eating cottage cheese with some added fruit, but if you like the yogurt then stick with it:)

Also, forgive my ignorance, but I just bought some dextrose and the sugars are 75g a serving!?! Is this ok?

Sure that is fine if you are referring to pre/post workout shakes, but their is nothing that says you have to use a whole serving.

chops
07-10-2003, 10:38 AM
under the carbs, it will tell u how many of those are sugar (bad carb). i bet that fruit on the bottom is all sugar.

i get plain yogurt and put a TB of sugar free jelly in http://www.smuckers.com/fg/pds/default.asp?groupid=1&catid=18&prodid=81. it has 10 cals and is nutrasweet based , or i just add in a packet of artificial sweetner

Ironman8
07-10-2003, 10:43 AM
Or you can buy natural yogurt. Made purely of fruit and has no sugar added.

Stabber
07-10-2003, 10:48 AM
ok ill drop the yogurt. Ok, question number 2.
I ordered my dextrose from supplement direct (thanks st patrick :thumbup: ) There is no scoop in it.

Do most of you just take a scoop from a protein powder can and use one scoop of dextrose? I wanna make sure I'm not intaking too many carbs. Also, is it ok to be using dextrose on a cut? 75 carbs seems like a lot ..
thanks