PDA

View Full Version : Dieting order of operations

RapidRide2
07-10-2003, 05:16 PM
Newbie to the board here,,age 28 5'8" 195 lbs first of all i respect any of you in here that have your body and diet down to a science. However this is the only issue that has kept me from reaching my peak condition, First of all i believe i am addicted to carbs,,, i am just getting back into the gym after a year or more,, however ,i have pretty good muscle memory. In my best shape i carry just a little too much body fat for my liking. because of amateur wrestling i have good discipline of cutting weight, and can drop weight(prob muscle) very quickly. My questions are as follows,, should i go ahead on a superstrict low cal diet and lose the fat i need then slowly bring my calories up until i am gaining muscle while not carrying too much fat??? I have only been in the gym for a month i really don't have alot of "hard earned" muscle. I have always went through a phobia when hard earned muscle and training are present and i start to cut on my diet the first place i lose mass is from my arms and shoulders. Another problem is after i have some nice muscle my appetite is natrually soaring through the roof. sorry for the book,, should i go ahead and shock my body now with not much muscle to lose and then slowly increase calories?? or fight my huge appetite when i have some decent mass and go through the mental struggle of losing overall large muscle group size later on

RapidRide2
07-10-2003, 06:03 PM
nevermind i have read in a previous post that it's pretty much a personal preferance ,, i guess .

YatesNightBlade
07-11-2003, 04:38 AM
lol@ answering your own question.