PDA

View Full Version : Need help bulking

Ti1301
07-11-2003, 03:52 PM
O.k guys, my summer school just ended and I have actually digressed.
Since I have more time now I need to get back on my bulking program.
I am taking suggestions on what to eat and when.
This is what I have at my disposal currently as my in between real meal foods.

weight gainer
cans of tuna
sandwhich and related accessories
Protein bars

What else should I be eating to help me gain?
Should I munch every 2 hrs?
I always thought cottage cheese straight was disgusting, but for the sake of gaining I will do it.

bradley
07-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Ti1301
What else should I be eating to help me gain?

It is really not that important what you eat but how much you are eating. Granted I am not saying to pig out on ice cream and candy, but just make sure you are taking in ~1g of protein per lb. of bw and plenty of EFAs (~25% of daily cals from fat). The rest of your cals can come from low GI carbs, and make sure you are taking in enough cals to cause a small weight gain each week. I would shoot for ~.5lbs per week, and to determine your daily calorie intake just slowly increase cals in small increments each week until you are gaining.

Find some good calorie dense foods which can help you get your calorie intake up. Some that come to mind are nuts, natural peanut butter/pb sandwiches, milk, liquid meals (MRPs/weight gainer).

Should I munch every 2 hrs?

It is not necessary, but it could help you eat more cals over the course of the day. Meal timing and frequency is not that important, but make sure you are taking in some food upon waking and before bed. The rest of your meals can be spaced ou throughout the day.

I always thought cottage cheese straight was disgusting, but for the sake of gaining I will do it.

There is nothing that says you have to eat it, but it is an excellent source of slow digesting protein. I believe there are some cottage cheese recipes in the recipe forum. Might be worth a look:)