PDA

View Full Version : Fast Digesting Protein

diego
07-11-2003, 06:47 PM
What's a natural food(not whey) that is fast digesting.
I've been using whey a while Pre/post WO but would rather a natural food alternative as it's cheaper for one.

Is fish?

ChuckieT
07-11-2003, 06:49 PM
To be honest I cannot think of a fast digesting natural source of protein that can even come close to Whey. I could be wrong though.

Just curious though, why would you prefer a natural food alternative? There isn't anything inherently wrong with using Whey protein.

AJ_11
07-11-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by diego
I've been using whey a while Pre/post WO but would rather a natural food alternative as it's cheaper for one.

Is fish?

Whey is natural, is a part of milk. And imo, it is actally cheaper than some other sources. But it's up to you if you choose to eat it or not. Fish, is okay unless it is Fatty. Most fish have some fat, but tuna is okay. Eggs are pretty high up there.

Behemoth
07-11-2003, 07:23 PM
I had a chart that listed the bioavailabity of all protein sources or something like that. It basically which were the fasted and which were the slowest.

Like Chuckie said, none others really come close. I believe milk was second, but by a longshot.

Don't worry about it though, I did my last bulk without a ounce of whey. I gained fine. Supplements are certainly not necessary.

bradley
07-12-2003, 04:24 AM
Originally posted by diego

Is fish?

You could drink some milk or have a small amount of whole food ~1 hour before training which would have the AAs entering the blood stream towards the end of the training session. Just try and keep the fat intake to a minimum so as not to slow digestion.