PDA

View Full Version : What's the difference between ground and whole alomds?

Ironman8
07-12-2003, 06:10 PM
Well, I ate 1 cup of almonds from a big bag. But when the check the nutritional page for 1 cup whole almonds, the nutritional numbers were a little high :eek:. So, what's the difference from ground and whole alomds?

GhettoSmurf
07-12-2003, 07:00 PM
there isnt much of a difference... the ground almonds may have been processed a bit more. almonds have quite a few calories, i believe 1/4th of a cup is about 200 some odd calories.

Ironman8
07-12-2003, 07:25 PM
Oh, o.k. One more question. You know how poly and mono fats are good for you? Well, if you have too much, will it do more harm than good? You know, too much is a bad thing :)

JuniorMint6669
07-13-2003, 02:25 AM
If you are noticing a difference in calories of ground vs whole almonds, it is likely because you could fit more ground almonds into 1 cup than you could whole almonds. Its more dense, ya know? And if thats not what you meant, I just wasted a lot of brain power trying to sound semi-intelligent at this god awful time of day --snore--

bradley
07-13-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Ironman8
Oh, o.k. One more question. You know how poly and mono fats are good for you? Well, if you have too much, will it do more harm than good? You know, too much is a bad thing :)

Well if you consume excess calories then you will gain weight, whether those extra cals come from healthy fats, protein, or carbs.

Other than causing you to consume excess calories, I don't think eating too much poly/monounsaturated fat should be a concern.

as0l0
07-13-2003, 06:44 AM
probably a bad idea to measure by cup or teaspons or whatever, too much room for error...i'd rather go by weight myself.

yeah ?

body
07-13-2003, 09:31 AM
write down the nutritonal list please.

as some mentioned above you can get more ground almonds in to a cup than whole ones.

do they list the nutrients per 100grams of other weight measure?
if there is a difference between them, it will be down to the fact that natural products vary between how much fat, protein, carbs vit and mineral and even water they contain.
you take two humans. a normal american will be quite high in fat. while a WBB memeber is likely to be a lot lower. when you take your nutritional results from the from two humans they will be different. same goes for almonds you get variations between them.

with calorie dense food the varaition is likely to be even bigger.

Scott S
07-13-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by body
a normal american will be quite high in fat. while a WBB memeber is likely to be a lot lower.

The nutritional content of humans -- I love it! LOL