PDA

View Full Version : Here it goes!

sunny2
07-13-2003, 01:23 AM
Okay,
This is day one. I ran across this site while surfing the net and I liked that it had a online jornal. I REALLY need to start doing some things for me and I think this would be a good place to start. The first goal is weight loss. I know nothing about the technical stuff involved or trends of the body in general, but I am about 70 pounds overweight and would like to first lose weight and then start getting some muscle definition. I know it all starts out with what you eat :help: I barely eat anything at all compared to what most overweight people put into thier bodies so I'm going to use this first as a food diary to see if I can figure out what to start cuttting and then add to be more well rounded.

encouragment and opinions are all welcome!!

sunny2
07-13-2003, 01:28 AM
Keep in mind I work nights so my day starts when I wake up at noon and ends at 4 am

Day 1
toast with honey
baked fish
used tartar sauce though
1 glass of milk
1pepsi
2glasses of water
fresh squeezed lemonade

Scott S
07-13-2003, 02:04 AM
Time for :spam:!

Yucky day schedule, but whatever works. You should include your workouts in here, too. It comes in really handy when you want to track your progress. Even though you want to lose weight first, you'll most likely be able to gain strength while doing so if you start lifting hard now.

Good luck! :thumbup:

pruneman
07-13-2003, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the boards and good luck!

Just looking at your diet, I would say that you need more protein and EFA's. It also looks like you are eating a lot of simple carbs (sugar). But overall, it looks like you are taking in no where near enough calories, but you didn't post portion size.
I think that you'll find a lot of useful info about weight loss on the diet/recipe board.
Good luck man. Nice to have you around!

sunny2
07-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Went for a 2 mile walk

Food
glass of chocolate milk
apple juice
Ham sandwich
pepsi
apple
tortilla shell with lettuce tomatoes and cheese
2 glasses of water before the end of the day

sunny2
07-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Didn't have time to exercise but I walked aproximately 48 flights of stairs today, so that should count for something...

Meals
Chicken Salad sandwich
apple juice
3 glasses of water
bagel
1 pop

Sara
07-15-2003, 01:04 AM
Hi sunny and welcome, heres some :spam:

Other than that your diet does need more protien, and I'd try to cut out the juice and pop its unwanted sugar and it would be easier to lose without the carbs, and you definetly need to eat more your last diet barely reached 1000 calories theres some great topics on the nutrition forum which I found a big help.

Shane
07-15-2003, 02:44 AM
:spam:

Hi sunny2. Good luck with your journal. :)

sunny2
07-15-2003, 07:45 AM
Originally posted by Sara
you definetly need to eat more your last diet barely reached 1000 calories

This is where the problem of trying to lose weight comes in. I'd eat more if I was hungry, but I'm not. I was always told to only eat when you're hungry and never 3 hours before you sleep. So I'll eat at 1 and on my break at 7 but unless I eat at 2am when I get home I dont have time for another meal... Any suggestions?

pruneman
07-15-2003, 10:32 AM
One thing that's worked for me is carrying around stuff like protein shakes or bars, pb sandwiches, apples, or bananas...stuff like that. I know you are trying to loose weight, but I can't imagine even having enough energy to workout on only 1000 cals. I try to eat every three hours. I found it hard at first, but i sorta forced myself. More frequent eating also helped to curb my appetite and i wouldn't sit down and eat a 1500 cal meal.