PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Bulking Question..

defcon
07-13-2003, 12:06 PM
Hi everyone.. im new to all of this, and am going to be doing a clean bulk for the next while.. i have played around with calorie numbers for the past month and i know howmany i need to consume to maintain my current weight ( appox 2500 ), my question is how many calories should i consume in order to do a clean bulk, i was gonna try adding 300 for the first week, and see where that got me..

However, my main concern is deciding on what macronutrient ratio i sohuld follow, 40p/40c/20f or what, im a mix of an endo/meso, more towards endo i believe, well anyway.. please write back all and any suggestions about the calorie ratios. thanx.

bradley
07-13-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by defcon
Hi everyone.. im new to all of this, and am going to be doing a clean bulk for the next while.. i have played around with calorie numbers for the past month and i know howmany i need to consume to maintain my current weight ( appox 2500 ), my question is how many calories should i consume in order to do a clean bulk, i was gonna try adding 300 for the first week, and see where that got me..

~300 cals above maintenance would be a good place to start IMO. If you do not see any weight gain after a week or two then just increase daily cals again until you are gaining the desired amount of weight each week. Somewhere around .5lb weight increase per week would be a good number to shoot for.

However, my main concern is deciding on what macronutrient ratio i sohuld follow, 40p/40c/20f or what, im a mix of an endo/meso, more towards endo i believe, well anyway.. please write back all and any suggestions about the calorie ratios. thanx.

The macro ratios are really not that important as long as you are getting adequate amounts of protien and EFAs in your diet. I would recommend eating ~1g of protein per lb. of bw and get ~25% of your daily calories from fat (most of this should come from healthy sources). Some healthy sources of fat would include oily fish, fish oil, olive oil, nuts, natural peanut butter, flax oil.

Welcome to WBB:D

defcon
07-13-2003, 05:24 PM
ight then i'll give that a shot, i'll prolly use 35% pro / 40% carb / 25% fat or around those numbers anyway..

defcon
07-13-2003, 05:24 PM
oh yeah.. thanx for the fast reply :)