PDA

View Full Version : New guy here... Do I need some more fat?

schkade1
07-14-2003, 07:21 AM
Hey whats up guys! I'm just curious if I need more fat/meat/whatever on my body. I'm 17 years old, 6'0 tall, 130 something lbs... I've got some little muscles... not little, but def. not big! Last time I was working out was about 2 years ago in high school football offseason.

I was a bit larger at one time (160 or so lbs.), but once I started smoking about a year ago, I've lost a lot of weight. My jeans hardly fit anymore w/out a belt!

I'm now changing my ways and I wannabebig (haha :)), I'm going to quit smoking and hope to get my old appetite back!

*What kind of food can I eat that will make me gain weight, do I need to gain weight?

*Is it true you need fat to produce good muscle? Or should I just start working out and get my muscles I have now, bigger?

Please help the new guy out! :)
-Stephen

ftotti10
07-14-2003, 07:30 AM
Definitely quit the smoking, as for putting on weight, join a gym, get a good routine (plenty on here), train hard and heavy and get your diet in order. Just because you want to put on weight doesnt mean you should eat any type of junk put in front of you. Eat lots, and then eat some more but make sure you are getting plenty of protein(buy some supplements if u can). Your total calories should look something like 40% protein, 40 % carbs and 20 % fats give or take. The training will get your appetite back for u.

Train hard and eat all round you

ftotti10
07-14-2003, 07:32 AM
by the way you do not need fat to produce muscle. Chances are though when you are bulking you might add a little fat whilst doing so

Ironman8
07-14-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by schkade1
*What kind of food can I eat that will make me gain weight, do I need to gain weight?

Here is a list of what people around here usually buy

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=26368&highlight=grocery+list