PDA

View Full Version : Cutting Diet - Please Critique

Leviathan
07-14-2003, 11:43 AM
I've been working on a cutting diet for several weeks now, and this is the latest version of the diet. I'd like any advice or changes any of you think I should make. Thanks.

MEAL ONE
VP2 WHEY ISOLATE 2-SCOOPS IN 10 OUNCES WATER
1 TABLESPOON ULTRA LIGNAN FLAX OIL
1 MULTIPRO 32X

16 MINUTES MAX-OT CARDIO

MEAL TWO
1/2 CUP OATS IN 10 OUNCES WATER
6 EGG WHITES - 1 WHOLE EGG

MEAL THREE
1 NY-TRO PRO 40 STRAWBERRY IN 16 OUNCES WATER

MEAL FOUR
1 GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
1/2 CUP BOILED BROWN RICE
2 COD LIVER OIL SOFTGELS

PREWORKOUT
VP2 WHEY ISOLATE 1-SCOOP - CREATINE HSC 1-SCOOP - GL3 L-GLUTAMINE 5 GRAMS IN 16 OUNCES WATER
2 DYMETADRINE XTREME [MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, FRIDAY ONLY]

1 HOUR LIFTING

POSTWORKOUT
VP2 WHEY ISOLATE 1-SCOOP - CREATINE HSC 1-SCOOP - GL3 L-GLUTAMINE 5 GRAMS IN 16 OUNCES WATER

MEAL FIVE
1 GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
1/2 CUP MIXED VEGETABLES
2 COD LIVER OIL SOFTGELS

MEAL SIX
1 GRILLED CHICKEN BREAST
1/2 CUP MIXED VEGETABLES
22 DRY ROASTED, UNSALTED ALMONDS

MEAL SEVEN
1 NY-TRO PRO 40 STRAWBERRY IN 16 OUNCES SKIM MILK
1 TABLESPOON ULTRA LIGNAN FLAX OIL

TOTALS:
CALORIES: 2802.96
PROTEIN: 325.04
CARBS: 229.29
FAT: 55.98

CURRENT STATS:
WEIGHT: 210LBS.
HEIGHT: ~6'1"
BF%: ~13%

GOALS:
WEIGHT: 185-190LBS.
BF%: ~7%

Ironman8
07-14-2003, 12:31 PM
How about adding maltodextrine or dextrose to your post-workout drink?

Leviathan
07-14-2003, 01:10 PM
Dextrose is pre-mixed in the Creatine HSC.

Leviathan
07-14-2003, 04:49 PM
Bump

No other advice? Bradley? Anyone?

GhettoSmurf
07-14-2003, 08:41 PM
i'd recommend having some carbs in the morning before your cardio.

IMHO that looks like a LOT of supplements.

AJ_11
07-14-2003, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by GhettoSmurf

DO you work for ast?

bradley
07-15-2003, 02:57 AM
I would drop the protein down some and add in more fat. There is no need to take in 300+ grams of protein at a bw of 210lbs IMO.

Also I would just take in 1scoop of protein before HIIT training and maybe throw some carbs into the mix. With that much protein you are going to more than likely have some of it converted to glucose.

iLUDEd
07-15-2003, 04:38 AM
your pretty much eating the same thing 3 times a day.. mix it up a lil or youll get sick of eating the same foods over n over again..

Leviathan
07-15-2003, 08:12 AM
your pretty much eating the same thing 3 times a day.. mix it up a lil or youll get sick of eating the same foods over n over again..

Well... I've been on a strict bulking diet for the past 2 years, and I never really got bored of the foods I was eating. You either live to eat, or eat to live. Eating the same thing each day doesn't bother me, and makes a cheat meal on the weekend more enticing.

DO you work for ast?

No, but one would think so. I just find it easier to order in bulk (~3 months worth) from one company. In addition, I've found that AST's products are very high quality and respected and used in the bodybuilding community.

Why do you say that? It basically boils down to a preworkout shake, a postworkout shake, and 2 MRPs (NY-TRO Pro 40) during the day. So all together, the only supplements I'm using are protein, creatine, glutamine, an ECA stack, and a multivitamin.

I would drop the protein down some and add in more fat. There is no need to take in 300+ grams of protein at a bw of 210lbs IMO.

I've heard from several sources that you need to keep your protein intake up during cutting phases to maintain LBM. I agree with your comment about fat. Any suggestions concerning where I can add fat in this diet, and what products? I'm trying to stay VERY strict, so I'd like 90% or more of my fat to come from EFAs. I could add some olive oil for their neutral Omega-9s , what do you think?

Also I would just take in 1scoop of protein before HIIT training and maybe throw some carbs into the mix. With that much protein you are going to more than likely have some of it converted to glucose.

Ok, I made the changes. I added a banana in there for carbs. Do you suggest a high-GI fruit like a banana, or should I replace it with a lower-GI fruit like an apple?

The new totals are:
Calories: 2807.96
Protein: 302.04
Carbs: 255.29
Fat: 55.38

ectx
07-15-2003, 08:53 AM
That's very similar to one of my older diets... Down to the supps. I like creatine HSC too. If anything...some of the early protein you're getting is whey...I'd use a mixed or blended protein...whey and casein....it has an extended release/breakdown and will be in your body a little longer (for meal 1 only). I also recommend doing 2-2.5 scoops of whey post workout instead of just one(49-50 g). I get better results that way...plus your body's primed for protein absorption. Others may disagree, but I think it's worth a shot...you can adjust your other protein intakes accordingly.

bradley
07-15-2003, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Leviathan
I've heard from several sources that you need to keep your protein intake up during cutting phases to maintain LBM.

There is really no point in taking in more than your body can use for muscle recovery and repair. I am curious as to what sources recommend such high protein intake.

I agree with your comment about fat. Any suggestions concerning where I can add fat in this diet, and what products? I'm trying to stay VERY strict, so I'd like 90% or more of my fat to come from EFAs. I could add some olive oil for their neutral Omega-9s , what do you think?

If you are taking in enough EFAs and have a good ratio of n-3 to n-6 fats then the olive oil would be a good choice IMO.

Ok, I made the changes. I added a banana in there for carbs. Do you suggest a high-GI fruit like a banana, or should I replace it with a lower-GI fruit like an apple?

The new totals are:
Calories: 2807.96
Protein: 302.04
Carbs: 255.29
Fat: 55.38

The banana would be fine IMO.