PDA

View Full Version : Recovery From A Crash Diet, PLEASE READ

pastdoubt
08-23-2001, 06:59 PM
Okay, over the past month I've been dieting down. Well come to find out (right before my diet) the pills my doctor prescribed me have a strange side effect - MASSIVE HUNGER
(by the way the name of the Medication is Remeron, it's an anti-depressant and in low doses a sleep aid). That would account for the weight I've gained this summer. So I discontinued taking them. Well out of desperation I have SEVERELY restricted my calories (less than 6x bodyweight I am 100% positive) in addition to doing a rigurous workout 4 - 5 days a week. The question is, how can I bounce back. I really don't want to gain any fat, and would like to continue cutting, as I still have much to lose, but how would I go about cleaning up my diet??? I am currently 5'11 - 215 lbs - Bodyfat% - I have no idea, but it's plenty enough to hide most of my muscle (which now that I realize what I'm doing, I really would like to keep from losing what I have!)

PS
Does anyone know a good presciption sleep aid (preferably non-addictive, as my doctor will most likely not prescibe it) that doesn't cause an increase in appetite? I have been diagnosed with a sleep disorder, and sleep just doesn't come naturally to me at night (regardless of physical/mental fatigue by the time bedtime rolls around)

syntekz
08-23-2001, 09:45 PM
Ambien works. Not sure about the addiction though.

A little cough syrup always works too.

kAto
08-24-2001, 08:00 AM
should stop looking to drugs for an answer; my suggestion would be to slowly increase caloric intake(especially carbs) and get your energy and body chemistry balanced. yes you will gain some fat, but you can always diet it off....THE RIGHT WAY!

Cackerot69
08-24-2001, 08:10 AM
Ambien is ace! Fooks you up too.

It's not addicting at all, at least not for me.

***Author of post does not condone using Ambien to fook yourself up***

flake
08-24-2001, 04:38 PM
an anti-d and it increases apetite, remeron you say...
:D

Taras
08-24-2001, 08:03 PM
Did you ever try Benadryl? You can get it over the counter in the US. A glass of warm milk works for a lot of people, but then you wake up because you have to pee.

pastdoubt
08-25-2001, 05:59 AM
Yes, Benadryl, Tylenol PM, Unisom, none of them in any amount help me go to sleep. Oh and yes flake, REMERON, fill free to look it up if you would like www.remeron.com

Allie
08-25-2001, 08:43 AM
OK I had problems sleeping for a while. I tried the warm milk, benedryl, and about any other thing. Nothing helped. Finially Nyquill did the trick, I know it sounds shady trying to get some legit REM sleep from cough syrup. But that and having a few beers before bed was the only way I could fall asleep.

At least try the beer theory, you'll have some fun :) LOL