PDA

View Full Version : What the heck is wrong with my body?

JustinASU
07-15-2003, 08:57 PM
I have been cutting for the past month on anywhere between 2700-3000 cals a day. Not I am trying to keep it at maintenence yet I can hardly get 2800 cals in me a day (unless FitDay is lying to me of which I have strong suspicions that it isnt 100% accurate). I dont understand, I used to starve on that much. I am in a 6-OXO postcycle and I didnt wanna eat too low so I'd lose muscle mass since natty test levels arent at optimum. I'm really confused...whats goin on here? I am still gaining in strength but I am also now paranoid I will gain back the fat I DID lose if I eat too much. Maybe my maintenence levels are lower than I thought? Why does it have to be so complicated?

bradley
07-16-2003, 03:16 AM
When you were on your cycle did you create a large calorie deficit? Usually I get somewhat used to the lower calorie intake after a couple of weeks of dieting and when I increase cals it seems as though I am stuffing myself.

I am still gaining in strength but I am also now paranoid I will gain back the fat I DID lose if I eat too much. Maybe my maintenence levels are lower than I thought?

Are you gaining any significant amount of weight? Remember hunger is not always a good judge of how much you should be eating, and IMO eating for your current activity level and goals would work much better.

If you do start to notice that you are gaining then just back off the cals slightly because like you said you definitely do not want to lose any gains that you made while you were on your cycle.

JustinASU
07-16-2003, 01:11 PM
Brad-
I wasnt in a huge deficit. maybe 500 cals below maintenence. I didnt actually lose weight but I leaned up. I wanted to lose more fat but I was pretty happy with what I lost. Over the last 4 days since I ended my cycle though it seems like the leanness is going away and the fat is coming back....I'm really frustrated and confused, I cant seem to figure anything out. I'm worried about losing muscle but for some reason it seems like Im gaining fat back. I'm at a total loss. Brad can you help, or anyone for that matter????

JustinASU
07-16-2003, 01:34 PM
I guess its important to add I've upped the carbs over the last couple days about 30-50 grams. Should I stick with the lowered carbs that I was using during the 1-tnt cycle? I was eating around 100-120 then and now Im usually around 150-200

Frozenmoses
07-16-2003, 01:35 PM
I'd say kick the carbs down, kick the fats up, and see where that takes you.

JustinASU
07-16-2003, 01:55 PM
I just stepped on the scale and my jaw dropped. Somehow I'm weighing in at 226. I've NEVER weighed in higher than 218 on that scale. I wish I could say this is a good thing but Im really worried that somehow Im gaining back serious fat. Let's review: I started this cut at about 215 and ended at about 219. GIVEN I was on a PH and I could have gained muscle+water weight. After getting off the cycle I should have lost water weight but now things are going crazy.

FroMo, that sounds like a good idea but this is all very strange.

JustinASU
07-16-2003, 05:31 PM
ok that scale so SO broken...anyways...here is my macro intake for the day...

Total: 2953
Fat: 127 1140 39%
Sat: 27 239 8%
Poly: 17 154 5%
Mono: 26 230 8%
Carbs: 174 588 20%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 291 1164 40%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Plus about 3-5 FOCs

How does that look, plus Im gonna start doin some HIIT

bradley
07-17-2003, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by JustinASU
Brad-
I wasnt in a huge deficit. maybe 500 cals below maintenence. I didnt actually lose weight but I leaned up. I wanted to lose more fat but I was pretty happy with what I lost. Over the last 4 days since I ended my cycle though it seems like the leanness is going away and the fat is coming back....I'm really frustrated and confused, I cant seem to figure anything out. I'm worried about losing muscle but for some reason it seems like Im gaining fat back. I'm at a total loss. Brad can you help, or anyone for that matter????

If you have not been eating a large amount of calories then I would suspect that you have some water reteintion due to the pro-hormones/1-test that you were taking. Although this is just speculation, but my point is I would just keep cals at the current level for a few weeks and see what happens. If you know approximate maintenance level then just eat at that level or slightly below.

I guess its important to add I've upped the carbs over the last couple days about 30-50 grams. Should I stick with the lowered carbs that I was using during the 1-tnt cycle? I was eating around 100-120 then and now Im usually around 150-200

I really do not think the amount of carbs is that important, assuming that you are taking in plenty of fat (EFAs) and protein.

ok that scale so SO broken...anyways...here is my macro intake for the day...

Total: 2953
Fat: 127 1140 39%
Sat: 27 239 8%
Poly: 17 154 5%
Mono: 26 230 8%
Carbs: 174 588 20%
Fiber: 27 0 0%
Protein: 291 1164 40%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Plus about 3-5 FOCs

How does that look, plus Im gonna start doin some HIIT

So the scale was broken??

I was looking at your total fat intake and it says you are taking in 127g of total fat, but when I added up the sat/poly/mono I come up with 70g of total fat. I might be overlooking the obvious but just thought I would point that out.

The HIIT cardio would be a good idea, but I would start out slowly and work it into your routine. You wouldn't want to start out doing large amounts of cardio while still trying to get your diet in order.:)