PDA

View Full Version : Update and Long Ass Story ABout Me

harryhoudini66
07-15-2003, 09:49 PM
Well guys I decided to do an update. As you may recall during my last picture post I was pretty down about things and only shared pictures of my calves. Well today, I am going to be a little bold. I am including pictures of my back and traps. Not only am I including my work in progress pictures but also my dreaded before pictures. For those of you who do not know my story, here is a summary.

I have always been fat. Everyone that knows me always knew me as the guy who was always on diets but never met his goals. Although at some points in my life I looked like I had some shape, the stuff under my shirt was just horrible. Well one day about eight years ago, I decided to make a change. I promised myself that for at least once in my life I was going to be in the best shape of my life. I was going to change myself from a lardy boy to a Greek god and get the six-pack that I always wanted. I went on a stupid diet and went from 210 to 140 in about 6 months. Now the reason I say my diet was stupid was because although I ate six times per day, my meals consisted of Subway, Yoshinoya and yogurts. I never bothered to count my calories or drink much water. Once I was done, I had a 29 ½-inch waist. At that point, I was not interested in muscle. I wanted to get thin and then work on building muscle. To me it seemed like starting from scratch. I began to work out and continue with my diet. Although my diet was never fully in order, it did improve with the use of protein shakes and MRBs and Ripped Fuel. After about three years, I was now weighing 175 pounds of pure muscle. I still had my small 29 ½ waist but my arms were big and veins would be bulging all over the place. In fact, when I wore a t-shirt to work once, all the women were asking me, “where were you hiding those muscles”? People would ask me for workout advice and others asked me if I was a bodybuilder or gymnast. I finally got my six-pack that I always wanted. I was so proud that my friends who have always been thin never got their pack and jocked me about the change I made.

Then I slowly went back to my old ways. My wife got pregnant and with that came the cravings. Every time she got her cravings, I would eat with her. I still went to the gym, but not with the frequency as before. Little by little the fat creped up on me again. Once my son was born, I decided to stop going to the gym. I mean, why I would want to go lift weight when I had a beautiful bundle of joy at home. Well after some years, I was once again a lard ass. I weighted myself and was about 250-260 pounds. At that point, I decided to change my life a second time and began working out. I found this site about three months ago and have started using the principles I learned here. My new goal is to get in much better shape then I have ever been and stay this way from now on. With all the knowledge you guys have shared I am confident that I will reach my goals. I am now 215 pounds, most if not all is fat, but I am getting there. Well, below are the pictures I promised. Please let me know what you think.

harryhoudini66
07-15-2003, 09:52 PM
Here is my back before picture. This was before my haircut. Another recent change in my life.

harryhoudini66
07-15-2003, 09:53 PM
Here is my current back picture.

harryhoudini66
07-15-2003, 09:55 PM
Here are my traps. Please ignore the pasty skin and hairy chest.

Ironman8
07-16-2003, 12:18 AM
Damn, what an inspirational story man. I wish you good luck with your goals!

Turboboy
07-16-2003, 05:49 AM
That was a great story! You have some pretty good traps already and the back doesn't look bad either. Just get started again and this time do the right diet! lol! Drop that bodyweight slowly and you'll be able to keep your muscular gains. Good luck man!
Brad

Mik
07-16-2003, 06:12 AM
What a story. You're an inspiration harry. Keep up the great work. And keep us posted!

harryhoudini66
07-16-2003, 09:37 AM
Thank you all so much for your comments.

I think my before back picture was too big or had too much fat, here is another attempt.

chops
07-16-2003, 12:17 PM
hey houdini, that is a very nice story. good luck to you!

Manveet
07-16-2003, 01:24 PM
Good luck with your new goals!

WeakSauceAsian
07-16-2003, 05:00 PM
Go at it, though I am sure you have other, far more, important commitments now with a new member to the family :).

Rastaman
07-17-2003, 10:49 PM
Best of luck man!

harryhoudini66
07-17-2003, 11:35 PM
Thanks guys. Have you checked out the before "back" pic yet? I do not think it was up at the time you replied. Take a gander at the before and after and let me know what you think. I know my new back pic is not spectacular, but compared to my old one there is some improvement. Then it is my pic so I may be imagining it, so please look them over and let me know if there is change. Nothing better then the opinion of someone else. When I ask my wife if she sees changes, I keep getting the impression she is trying to guess what I want to hear. I want sincerity.

Stabber
07-20-2003, 04:09 PM
good luck dude. you'll get there again :thumbup:

AdamGberg
07-20-2003, 10:04 PM
wow, great change already! hair and mass has changed for the better ;)

VitalRemains
07-22-2003, 03:33 AM
Shoulda kept the hair bro

ThreeD
07-23-2003, 01:05 PM
Wonderful story! Good luck on your journey and keep us up to date on how things are going :)

fuzz
07-23-2003, 09:32 PM
Nice improvements. The hair cut was a good idea.

harryhoudini66
07-23-2003, 10:45 PM
heheh getting more comments about my hair then back. I guess I will take them as they come.