PDA

View Full Version : Gaining Weight

donescobar2000
07-16-2003, 09:40 AM
This is my dilema. Recently I have been dieting to loose some pounds. I always eat clean I have shed a couple of pounds but I have uped my cals because I was eating to little. I am eating 1700 cals to 1900 cals. Before I upped them I was eating somewhere around 1200 at times. Last week I had a drastic cheat day I probably had 600 grams of Carbs and 300 grams of fat. I could not handle it and went over board. Anyways Since then I have been running my ass off to burn it. I don't know If I have or not. I assume I have. It there something I am doing wrong? Some check my Activites and food eaten. Please Help. Man in distress.:(

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=donescobar2000

Manveet
07-16-2003, 10:17 AM
Do you know what a refeed is?

edit*****

Look at the sticky at the top of these forums discussing cheat days and refeeds.

donescobar2000
07-16-2003, 10:23 AM
yes. it was my feed day. But I kinda went crazy and had some junk. Just out of curiosity. From all the food i ate. Is it possible I gained a pounds?

bradley
07-16-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by donescobar2000
yes. it was my feed day. But I kinda went crazy and had some junk. Just out of curiosity. From all the food i ate. Is it possible I gained a pounds?

Sure it is possible and if you went from eating hardly nothing to eating a tremendous amount of calories you might have gained a little weight. When you cut cals too low your body will decrease your metabolic rate (along with other things) because it thinks you are starving, so when you consumed that large amount of food it would be more likely to try and store some of that food as energy (fat) because it does not know if you are going to go back to a drastically reduced calorie level.

donescobar2000
07-16-2003, 11:00 AM
hmmm...this sucks, I sometimes feel like quitting. Do you belive I have lost it? I really do not weigh myself i dont believe the scale. Since then I have Ran my ass off for more than 30 minutes at the least. Today I took off except for 20 minutes on my jump rope.

bradley
07-16-2003, 11:00 AM
Last week I had a drastic cheat day I probably had 600 grams of Carbs and 300 grams of fat. I could not handle it and went over board. Anyways Since then I have been running my ass off to burn it. I don't know If I have or not. I assume I have. It there something I am doing wrong? Some check my Activites and food eaten. Please Help. Man in distress.:(

http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=donescobar2000

IMO you should just create a small calorie deficit throughout the week and shoot to lose a small amount of weight each week. You might need start having a planned refeed once a week or so, but this would really be dependant on your bf%.

Also increasing your activity level dramatically while keeping cals low is a recipe for muscle catabolism. Just forget about the cheat day you had and get back on your scheduled diet. One big cheat day is not going to matter that much in the grand scheme of things.

donescobar2000
07-16-2003, 11:03 AM
Well since i can see my abs slightly I have been told I am somewhere around 10 percent. Should I reefeed every two or three days?

bradley
07-16-2003, 01:56 PM
Well since i can see my abs slightly I have been told I am somewhere around 10 percent. Should I reefeed every two or three days?

You should definitely refeed at least once a week and probably more often than that (every 5 days?). There are other factors that go into when you should refeed, such as degree of calorie deficit, hunger, feelings of lethargy, etc. What I mean is when you feel hunger cravings go through the roof and/or you are just overall tired and worn out, you should probably consider refeeding.

There is really no definite answer and you just have to listen to your body.

donescobar2000
07-16-2003, 02:16 PM
Understood.