PDA

View Full Version : I Always Feel Full

Guevara139
07-16-2003, 10:40 AM
Well, I have made a few posts and I have started my online journal here. I am currently 140lbs at 5'10''. I have been tracking my calories and eating as much as I can. When I eat 2000caloires a day, I feel so full and like I always have to go to the bathroom, does anyone have any suggestions? Check my online journal for my diet. Thanks guys.

Guevara139
07-16-2003, 10:43 AM
checking sig

Ironman8
07-16-2003, 12:31 PM
Hmm...

Meal 1: Total Ceral with Blueberries and Almonds and Skim Milk
Well, here it seems that the fat from the almonds and protein from the skim milk are filling you up.

Meal 2: Turkey Sandwich on Wheat bread with american cheese, and cheddar popcorn
Is the cheddar popcorn greasy? If it is, grease digest more slowly, resulting in feeling filled.

Meal 3: Salad with Feta Cheese
I don't see anything wrong here, but it's probaly the cheese.

Meal 4: Salmon Burger with White Toast and Corn
Well, the fat from the salmon probably is the problem.

Meal 5: Pizza and Lean Body Shake
Ya, it's definitly the grease from the pizza and the protein from the shake that's keeping you full.

How about adding more carbs to your diet? Carbs digest the quickest, so you'll feel hungry afterwards.

Tryska
07-16-2003, 12:38 PM
are you lactose intolerant?

Guevara139
07-16-2003, 01:08 PM
nope, im not laxtose intolerant...maybe its just that im not used to eating so much food during the day and taking in so many calories, ill elt you guys know after about a week or two of this.

bradley
07-16-2003, 02:15 PM
Try concentrating on more calorie dense foods and you could also throw in some liquid calories.

A few handfuls of nuts or a tablespoon of olive oil here and there can bump up your calorie intake fairly quickly.

Guevara139
07-16-2003, 03:43 PM
Bradley, im a little new to all this diet and nutrition stuff....but what exactly are calorie dense foods and what are not considered calorie dense foods. Also what are the benefits of eating calorie dense foods?

raniali
07-16-2003, 03:48 PM
the benefits of eating calorie-dense foods are the extra calories.
calorie dense foods are usually fats (which you need) or fat-based ... such as peanut butter, nuts, olive oil. ex. 2 Tb of pb = 200 cal. try eating rice or potatoes instead of bread or cereal as well.

not calorie-dense are the fiberous foods like lettuce, broccoli, celery, even fruits like apples or oranges -- these can cause you to feel full without many calories.