PDA

View Full Version : worst case scenario

in the pit
08-24-2001, 01:53 PM
This is my first time posting here. I feel totally out of place, since I don't bodybuild or anything. But I would really like to later on in my life (I'm 17 years old). I'm horribly skinny, and don't have much of an appetite for food. I tried, for a month, to eat as much as I could, and I didn't gain any weight. I guess that was foolish.

I'm not active, very sedentary (is that the word?), and I don't have access to a gym or weights or anything. So I have a few questions:

1. Is there anything I can do to increase/double my appetite?
2. Are there any exercises, such as push-ups maybe, than can help build muscle?
3. What can I do to keep myself motivated?
4. What are some foods that can be bought at the supermarket that could really fatten me up and I can cook quickly?

I'm not interested in protein intake or carbs or whatever. I just want to see all possible methods of weight gain, whether it be fat or muscle.

I don't have the money to buy any weight sets or supplements. I was thinking maybe I should try to get a weight gain supplement, but I'm not sure I would be able to eat an entire serving of the stuff.

Can I get any help, or is my only option to sit around until I have the conveniences?

Thanks.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-24-2001, 02:05 PM
you don't want to gain fat you fool!

Why no gym access? buy some weights!

in the pit
08-24-2001, 02:37 PM
Yeah...I knew fat isn't a good thing to gain.

I don't have the transportation to get to a gym.

heathj
08-24-2001, 02:39 PM
How far away is your gym? You could run or ride your bike there if it's relatively close (within 10 miles).

IceRgrrl
08-24-2001, 04:03 PM
Increasing your activity level may increase your appetite. Just get out and MOVE...walk, jog, bike, kick/throw a ball around.

Pushups, situps, etc. are a good start. Eventually you might want to try out a gym; many will let you have a 1-2 week trial membership.

If you're 17, you may still be growing and it could be that you're skinny because you grew vertically quickly and now the rest of your body is catching up.

flake
08-24-2001, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by in the pit
But I would really like to later on in my life (I'm 17 years old)
what? start now, cack trains and he's like what, 12? :)

I find it hard to believe you have nothing near you, I mean unless you live in the absolute middle of knowhere and if you do save the $$$ and get a weights set. Hell if you can't afford it and you are in the middle of knowhere lift logs and stuff :)

about the apetite, just make sure you eat often, like every two hours, you'll soon get used to eating more regularly and you can increase the size of the meals to whatever's gonna help you best

Originally posted by in the pit
[B]I tried, for a month, to eat as much as I could, and I didn't gain any weight[B]
then you didn't eat enough, simple as that.

and for the motivation, seeing improvements should do it, you can seriously supprise yourself when you start training properly.
Anyways, theirs always this lot to help your motivation :p