PDA

View Full Version : Random back & Chest

JustinASU
07-18-2003, 05:15 PM
These were taken with my own hand on a webcam so I apologize for the funny angles. Here is a chest I posted in my journal a week or so ago...

JustinASU
07-18-2003, 05:16 PM
Here's is an all new pic of my upper back taken today. Please critique...Im sorry I can never show progress pics but taking my own pics on a webcam poses its own difficulties.

Turboboy
07-18-2003, 09:53 PM
You look like a pretty big guy and it's very apparant that you workout often but, whatever you do, do not let your bodyfat level get out of hand. I read your training journal and you mentioned that you were getting tired of the "gut" you seem to have. If I were you, I would drop some of that bodyfat and get down to a leaner size and then re-evaluate and make some changes to bulk up again. You have a great back bro! Keep up the hard training!
Brad

HahnB
07-19-2003, 01:04 PM
I agree, it looks like you have a lot of muscle under some of that body fat. Drop a little and youll be ripped.

AdamGberg
07-19-2003, 01:55 PM
:withstupi

cardio sux, but it gots to be done sometime....bleh...

JustinASU
07-19-2003, 07:03 PM
I would like to clarify that what is sticking out in that first picture of my torso are abs, although there is a thin layer of BF above them. I was flexing them a little so they would stick out. The resolution of the image doesn't allow for good detail. I Dont understand why people think Im so fat.

chris mason
07-19-2003, 07:26 PM
You are not so fat. There are different kinds of people out there. The type who naturally very lean but have a hard time putting on size like to think someone with a bit of bodyfat is "too fat". This is natural as they have a hard time putting on lean mass, thus they cannot really identify with a different sort of physique. The same can be said of the naturally stout who think everyone else is too skinny.

A lot of young people also seem to think everyone should be leaner. Again, this is natural as they have higher metabolisms and tend toward the first group I mentioned.

People also see pictures of contest ready bodybuilders all of the time and thus have a distorted view of what "bodybuilderd" look like most of the time. Most bodybuilders don't stay ripped year 'round. People don't realize this.

All of that being said, you do have an appreciable amount of bodyfat and what you look like is completely your choice. You look thick and to have a fair amount of muscle. What you do from here should be determined by what your goals are.

SquareHead
07-19-2003, 07:29 PM
:lurk:

JustinASU
07-19-2003, 07:56 PM
Well I'm thoroughly dissappointed. I didn't think I had "an appreciable amount of bodyfat" but I was wrong I suppose. I personally think I picked an unflattering shot and my web cam distorts angles a bit but I'm not going to argue thanks for the feedback I guess. I'm gonna go diet more.

SquareHead
07-19-2003, 08:02 PM
No one's tryin to put you down man at all. It's pretty much the consensus that you have a good amount of muscle! So good work there People were just pointing out where you have room for improvement. Every one does. If there wasnt room for improvement no one would be here looking for advise and such. No need to get down at all. Keep truckin man... Keep one keepin on... aint no mountain high enough... ill stop. .