PDA

View Full Version : suggestions...flyskygirl's diet

flyskygirl
07-19-2003, 11:47 AM
Hi
I posted my pics and came here to post my diet(thanks for the suggestion ,Doc )
...any comments with where I should bump up my calories would be great. ..
This diet was custom given to me by a IFBB trainer.
This is roughly 2400 calories, 50% protein, 30% carb 20% fat.

I weigh 138 ...16% BF..maintaining

My goal ...150+ 12-14%BF and of course these gains only PURE MUSCLE! l is it possible!?

6am: Snack:
take In a small carb meal such as Total
cereal,oats, grits, or cream of wheat
with 8ozs of skim milk

6:30am Train/Cardio
Do 20 minutes of cardio(treadmill) at least 4 days
Per week following weights..(which I do 5 daysa week, one body part per workout day.abs train twice a week. I use heavy weight low reps, 3-4 sets.does this sound right.?)

8:30 am Meal One:
Eat 6 eggwhites and 1 yoke with of a
Ruby red grapefruit, and take 1 scoop of
Glutamine.

11am Snack
Eat 1 cup of peaches,pears or pineapple with an
Additional scoop of glutamine with 30 grams
Of a protein source

1pm Meal Two
Eat 6 ozs of meat of your choice (including lean red meat),
With a medium salad with FF dressing and a serving of a Complex carb(yam,potato5ozs,or white rice 2/3 cup.

3:30pm Meal Three
Eat 6oz of chicken breast with cup of rice and cup of crushed pineapple

6:30pm Meal Four
Eat 6 oz of Fish of your choice with 1 cup of mixed greens and corn

9:00pm Meal Five(bedtime)
Drink a low carb, low sugar protein shake made with 10 ounces of skim milk.

I use Optimum Nutritions 100% whey natural in vanilla

Thanks, Sky
:cool:

SoulOfKoRea
07-19-2003, 12:24 PM
seems like quite a bit of cals from simple carbs, if you want to gain more weight you will probably need to substitute a lot of the fruits and total for some more complex carbs(yams, brown rice, oatmeal, whole grain foods).

even though you eat fish - it looks like you need some more Essential Fatty Acids as well(EFA's) - try natural peanut butter, nuts, and oily fish to get the EFA's throughout the day - and you can supplement with fish oil.

post workout you need a protein shake in water, with a high glycemic index value carbohydrate(dextrose or maltodextrin are high on the scale). the high GI carb will cause an insulin response(spiking insulin), which will in turn restore muscle glycogen stores that get depleted during a workout(hopefully)...

brown rice>white rice * white rice is processed to hell and back, it lacks some nutrients and fiber due to this... *

looks like there can be some room for more high protein content foods, like tuna and lean cuts of beef/steak.

your goal looks fine, just keep working hard to get there, and instead of the 20 minutes of cardio on the treadmill - you might want to look into High Intensity Interval Training(HIIT - there's a sticky in the Bodybuilding/Fitness forum).

your training could be reduced to a 3 day split to save some time in the gym - look into the wannabebig.com routines.

Good luck

the doc
07-20-2003, 11:33 AM
diet looks like a good start. First off i think you need to have MORE protein postworkout. Very important! anywhere from 40-60 grams (adding a protein shake with your meal would achieve this.) More fat! As mentioned by SOK, essential fatty acids are just that, essential. As a matter of fact, you could even bring your fat up to ~30% of total cals whilst limiting carbs to ~20. Consumption of olive oil and nuts (walnuts especially) will provide a good base of benign fats and some EFAs. FIsh such as mackeral and salmon will provide lots of EFAs. In addition, consider fish oil concentrate (a more purified form of fishoils).

As far as training goes, continue your current routine until you stop adding weight or reps every week. THen it is time to either reduce volume or increase recovery time, or both.

flyskygirl
07-21-2003, 12:59 AM
Thanks you two for the great advice!

I noticed that when he gave me the diet that I wasn't drinking a protein shake afterwards..which I had in the past. I don't think the 6 egghites and yoke is enough too.

Do u think 20% carbs I will be too tired? I was down to that before but the trainer had me on thermos..which made me too ancy but thats supposed to help boost your energy..I guess I can drink more coffee eh? :)

Now BIG problem I HATE fish...I have only been able to FORCE down sea bass and cod. White fish. Tuna..YUCK.salmon YUCK so is there a pill I can take...I know it's the easy way out BUT..I do have some flax oil and fish oil pills will those work.

So maybe a few of those fruit and protein snacks I can have a protein shake and a bowl of oats? maybe I can eat the fruit too:)

Thanks Sky

bradley
07-21-2003, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by flyskygirl
[B]Do u think 20% carbs I will be too tired? I was down to that before but the trainer had me on thermos..which made me too ancy but thats supposed to help boost your energy..I guess I can drink more coffee eh? :)[/b/]

I would just get ~1g of protein per lb. of bw, ~25% of cals from fat and then fill in the rest of your daily cals with carbs.

Now BIG problem I HATE fish...I have only been able to FORCE down sea bass and cod. White fish. Tuna..YUCK.salmon YUCK so is there a pill I can take...I know it's the easy way out BUT..I do have some flax oil and fish oil pills will those work.

The fish oil and flaxseed oil will be fine, and supplementing with these will help make sure you are getting plenty of omega 3s.

There is really no reason to eat fish if you do not like it.:)

So maybe a few of those fruit and protein snacks I can have a protein shake and a bowl of oats? maybe I can eat the fruit too:)

Sure, as long as you count them toward your daily calorie intake.

the doc
07-21-2003, 09:18 PM
make sure to get a blend of proteins and not just whey (except for postworkout)

As for the carbs I know bradley recommended more that i said. If you find that you gain and lose weight rather rapidly you may be more sensitive to carb intake than others. I myself have greater success with lower carb/higher protein mod fat diets but I would suggest trying both, experiment a bit within those frmaeworks and see what you can stick to the best and get good results :)