PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my post work out carb source...

papaoso2k1
07-20-2003, 06:59 AM
I know Its good to have liquid High GI carbs after your workout (like dextrose, or gatorade powder) but the thing is..here in Venezuela I am having a hard time finding any of those products (we dont get gatorade powder, only liquid gatorade) and I have not had any luck on the dextrose yet...So what other foods could I take Post-W....you know food that has fast cabs...Is grape juice ok?? how about bananas? soft drinks????

GhettoSmurf
07-20-2003, 07:29 AM
well, smarties are pretty much totally dextrose. i dont know if you have those in venezuela.

Ironman8
07-20-2003, 08:08 AM
How about order from the dextrose or maltodextrin from the internet?

papaoso2k1
07-20-2003, 08:25 AM
I thought about it but right now our ****!NG Prez. established a currency exchange control....What that means is that we cant buy any dollars nor use credit cards abroad....:mad: :mad: Im so damn mad....And also the shipping rates can get pretty high....I want to go to the states to buy some stuff for me ...but my freaking passport expired and i hadnt noticed it until a couple of days ago....Now I have to get a new passport and that takes time...and money (damn corruption)....Right now I have friends in the states and the bring me stuff when they come here to visit...(but they dont come too often...)....If all else fails i might have to bite the bullet and buy some stuff online using my commerce bank account....

bradley
07-20-2003, 11:13 AM
You could use whole food carbs sources such as white rice, white bread, bagels, etc. Dextrose and malto are not necessary by any means, and some people prefer using low GI carbs like oats post workout.

Also taking in some type of small pre-workout meal/shake would also be beneficial.