PDA

View Full Version : Diet suggestions???

WeaponX
08-25-2001, 01:41 AM
Hey guys Im new to the forum. I have a question about dieting. You see iam your typical hardgainer who needs to consume TONS of food to put on a little bit of weight. Well recently I discovered I have gallstones and because of this I must limit the amount and types of foods I can eat. I cant eat foods with grease or that are spicy, only bland foods YUCK!! Any suggestions on what types of food or meals that i can have that will allow my hardgainer body to put on weight??? When I eat something that upsets my gallbladder I have xtreme pain and would like to avoid this as much as possible, so any and all suggestions would b appreciated.

Tryska
08-25-2001, 06:34 AM
have your gallbladder taken out. it's an easy surgery, and you should be able to recover well, and life will be much better after.

WeaponX
08-25-2001, 11:53 AM
Well thanks for the advice but I forgot to mention that I don't have insurance at this time. so Iam going to the county hospital. They have me scheduled to see a surgeon on Nov 21st. Thats over 3months from now. I don't want to miss out on any of my training for that long. But thanks for the try.

Tryska
08-25-2001, 01:08 PM
k..just wanted to make sure you were gonna get the surgery...

umm.....as far as eating in the meantime...just eat clean. Low in added fats, lots of protein, fresh fruits and veggies......

i would think your biggest problem is going to be fatty, fried foods, greasy pizza that kind of thing. or at least that's what would have me in pain before i figured out what was going on.

but if you stick with lean cuts of meat, broiled, anf fish and complex carbs...you should be fine. I think i lived on steak for about 3 months straight.

also....i know you need to eat lots of cals, and it's tough now that the fats are out, but perhaps supplementing with a weight-gainer? I'm not sure what the fat breakdown is on those, but i'm sure somone else does.

i don't see why spicy foods would bother you - unless it's spice and grease. I mean the gallbladder is there to provide bile on demand when fats enter your stomach..so spice would really be irrelevant.