PDA

View Full Version : Fats

Gyno Rhino
08-25-2001, 10:41 AM
Okay. I know that saturated fats are bad for you. But how are they bad for your physique? I must have just missed some basic somewhere. I was thinking about it and wondering what kind of difference it would make in your mass-building/fat-burning goals if you had alot of saturated fat or very little. Sure saturated and whatnot are bad for the heart and stuff, but how bad are they for the bodybuilding purposes?

Wizard
08-25-2001, 11:37 AM
Because your circulatory system is going to be screwed up.

What this means?Well,I guess,inadequate blood flow...

Do you expect after this having toned muscles?

syntekz
08-25-2001, 04:26 PM
Bad heart doesn't mix very well with lifting weights.

Yanick
08-27-2001, 08:18 AM
Also aren't saturated fats like the fat with the most calories, don't know if i worded that right but you guys know how protien has a certain amount of calories i think its 4 then carbs have like 6 and fats have like 9 but don't saturated fats have even more? Or am i like totally confused about this? Anyway if that is the case than you can see how it will inhibit your fat loss.

Tryska
08-27-2001, 08:22 AM
uh no.

carb - 4 cal/gm
protein-4 cal/gm
fats (all of them) - 9 cal/gm

also - while a large amount of sat fats can be detrimental to your health.....adequate deitary fat actually aids your body in getting rid of body fat, because the production of enzymes needs to digest dietary fat are also in place to enhance lipolysis of bodyfat.

one of the reasons ketogenic diets work as well as they do.

Yanick
08-27-2001, 08:24 AM
I stand corrected.:o :D

Tryska
08-27-2001, 08:25 AM
hee hee...no worries.:)