PDA

View Full Version : Refeeds necessary?

JustinASU
07-22-2003, 03:27 PM
If eating on a caloric deficit (cutting) and eating between 175-210 carbs a day, must one refeed? I understand how it correlates to BF% but what if you're on moderate carbs?

bradley
07-22-2003, 04:10 PM
If you are above 15% bf and taking in carbs around your training then I would say no.

If you were on a low carb diet then refeeds/carb ups might be more of a priority due to low glycogen levels.

JustinASU
07-22-2003, 04:18 PM
Im more at about 14%

bradley
07-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by JustinASU
Im more at about 14%

If you are at 14% then you could possibly refeed once a week or so, but if you are still losing weight each week, good energy levels, and no severe hunger cravings then I would not worry with refeeding.

Budiak
07-23-2003, 12:59 AM
The lower you are under your body's 'comfort' fat zone (IE- the lower your bodyfat, period) and the lower the carbs you eat per day, the more often and more 'severe; your refeeds should be. Sometimes every 4th day is done if on very low carbs. Narc posted a snippet from a pretty good article in ...um...someone's journal. I forgot who's. Contact Narcissus for that article.

Basically the lower the carbs, the harder the pounding you give your leptin levels. Especially if your activity levels remain high. So oddly enough, you must refeed constantly, but on these refeeds, its necessary to eat a LOT of carbs, lower fat, and regular protein. I think...ST had a great thread on this a while ago.