PDA

View Full Version : Couple bulking questions

eclips1
07-23-2003, 01:04 PM
I started bulking 12 days ago. I weighted 245lbs. Now I'm already up to 257lbs. I know I didn't put on 12 lbs of LM.

I've gone from 2500 cal/day(cutting diet) to 3600 cal/day. I've also gone from 3-4 days cardio/ week to 1day cardio/week. Stopped taking ephedrine and started back on creatine. Also started taking Poppers 4ad.

My questions are:
What is a good amt of weight to gain per week?

I know I need carbs for energy to workout, but I'm wondering what roll do carbs play in body growth? (any links to info?)

defcon
07-23-2003, 01:17 PM
that is too much weight gain IMO, unless you were doing a CKD diet before inwhich case 7-8 lbs of it may be water..

Personally i try to get no more then 1lb a week during a bulking phase, im new at this whole thing tho and i only get that from eating.

and the carb thing im not sur of.. i'd like to see a link or 2 for this question also.

bradley
07-23-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by eclips1
I started bulking 12 days ago. I weighted 245lbs. Now I'm already up to 257lbs. I know I didn't put on 12 lbs of LM.

A large part of this weight gain could be attributed to glycogen/water weight, especially if you have increased carbohydrate intake since you started bulking.

I've gone from 2500 cal/day(cutting diet) to 3600 cal/day. I've also gone from 3-4 days cardio/ week to 1day cardio/week. Stopped taking ephedrine and started back on creatine. Also started taking Poppers 4ad.

My questions are:
What is a good amt of weight to gain per week?

Going from 2500 cals a day to 3600 cals is a sharp increase in calories. IMO I would try to gain ~.5-1lb. per week and increase decrease cals in small increments each week until you are gaining the desired amount of weight each week. With that large of an initial increase it would be harder to judge your progress (LBM gains compared to bf gains).

I know I need carbs for energy to workout, but I'm wondering what roll do carbs play in body growth? (any links to info?)

Having adequate glycogen stores is directly related to anabolism in the body.:)

This link also provides some general info related to carbs in the diet.

http://www.exrx.net/Nutrition/Carbohydrates.html