PDA

View Full Version : Revolutionalize my diet

cyclonus
08-25-2001, 07:00 PM
Hi, new to the forums, but i want to get huge. Stats are 5'7", 115lb, goal is to gain around 30lb in 6months. I'll be on the WBB routine as i've posted here (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?postid=43215&t=2973#post43215). But i know nothing about diet, just been trying to eat a lot since i decided i wanted to get big and i know my diet sux bad. Here's what i've been eating the paste couple of days or so:

Meal 1:
3 slices of whole wheat bread
2 slices of cheddar

Meal 2:
Double Whopper w/ cheese
Small fries
Med coke

Meal 3: (Well its more a snack i'd say, they have a break at work)
Like maybe half a bag of buttered popcorn, at most.

Meal 4:
2-3 servings of rice
1 serving of some vegetable item
1 serving of some meat item, usually chicken, beef, or fish.

Meal 5:
2 packages ramen noodles

Meal 6:
Same as meal 4.

I usually get around 2 cups of water after every time i eat. I know some of the above can't really be considered meals, just empty calories. Lets just take that as my current diet and i might gain some poundage but basically i want it optomized for bulking--i need calories, i need protein, i just need food. What are some good recipes for a high-protein snack or meal? Or is there any links to one? What foods should i concentrate on for bulking? My eating for the most part, seems erratic and i haven't focused on getting exact dietary intakes.

I'm not opposed to supplements or vitamins or anything, i just don't have the knowledge. If i should incorporate that into my diet, let me know. Not too worried about getting fat since my body fat percentage is probably like .001% (supposed to be sarcasm, but may be more real than i know).

Thanks for any advice.

-cyc

Cackerot69
08-25-2001, 07:10 PM
Add meat to meal 1.

If you don't care about health or fat gain then Meal 2 is ace. If you do, then....

Eat some meat in meal 3.

Meal 4 is ace.

Add meat to meal 5.

Meal 6 is ace.

You can do much better than this, but I worked with what you have....

cyclonus
08-25-2001, 07:23 PM
So basically add meat or some protein source to every meal. Hmmm.

I know i definitely need to get breakfast into shape and the popcorn just won't cut it. Noodles seem pretty empty as well.

How about for breakfast:
2-3 slices of french toast
1 Omelet or a couple of eggs (don't know numbers for whites and yolks)
A glass of milk

I could change meal 4 to:
A tuna or salmon sub with lettuce and tomatos perhaps...
Keep the popcorn

And meal 5:
Could be the same as meal 4, or i could add some ground beef to the noodles.

I assume since i'm bulking, the whopper shouldn't be a problem for me right now? Maybe i should add a milkshake to that. Well i would like to do the best i can, my philosophy seems to be eat everything in sight, but i need it more systematized. Maybe you guys could post some of your bulking diets so i get a picture of where i need to be.

Cackerot69
08-25-2001, 07:41 PM
Well I've found that when bulking "see-food" I put on muscle and fat in about a 2:1 ratio. The last two times I bulked I put on 30lbs, 20lbs muscle and 10 fat...and the second time 25lbs muscle 15 fat.

So, if that's ok with you then go with the see-food diet, if not then you can make some tweaks to minimize fat gain, but it;'s more of a pain in the ass and takes the fun out of bulking.

When I bulked in the past I would set up a diet with adaquate protein, carbs and fat with good clean food, then eat anything else I wanted on top of it.

syntekz
08-25-2001, 10:06 PM
For your breakfast. Have about 2 pieces of wheat toast. 2 Whole eggs and about 4 or 5 egg whites. And a glass of milk; that'll give ya some protein.

The_Chicken_Daddy
08-26-2001, 03:23 AM
http://www.wannabebig.com/archive/may/dietbasics.php

http://www.wannabebig.com/archive/april/eatinghabits_part2.php

These are helpful.

cyclonus
08-26-2001, 12:58 PM
Well i'll start of with the following diet *for now*, i'll tweak as i go along, but i just need a starting point:

Meal 1 (Breakfast):

Have about 2 pieces of wheat toast. 2 Whole eggs and about 4 or 5 egg whites. And a glass of milk

Sounds good. How do you guys have ur eggs whites and what do you do with the remaining yolks?

I think the dietary values are something like this:

500 cal
38 g protein
17g fat
40 g carb

Meal 2:
Double Whopper w/ cheese
Small Fries
Small milkshake

1590 cal
66g protein
82g fat (OUCH)
146g carb

^This meal is like highway robbery for ur health, maybe i should tone it down and try chik fil a, heh

Meal 3:
Tuna, Salmon, or Turkey Sub

Around...
400 cal
30g protein
5g fat
50g carb

Snack:
Half a bag of popcorn

50 cal
1.5g protein
.5g fat
10g carb

Meal 4:
1 cup white rice
1 serving veggies
1 serving meat (chicken, beef, or fish)

430 cal
31g protein
10g fat
50g carb

Meal 5:
Same as meal 3

Meal 6:
Same as meal 4

TOTAL: (estimate)
3750 calories
227.5g protein
129.5g fat
390g carb

PLUS about 12 glasses of water per day.

Thats what it looks like for now, any other comments are welcome. Seeing that i probably used to eat like 1500-2000 calories tops, i think its a good step up lol. And should i have a cheat day? Or a serving of fruits sometime?

Budiak
08-26-2001, 02:07 PM
The diet looks cool, but definitely add some meat to the ramen, and for meal two I'd eat a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with a tall, cool, refreshing glass of protein.