PDA

View Full Version : le gradual demise de epicurean vie

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

chops
07-25-2003, 04:01 PM
no, i don't know how to speak french. i'm trying to say "the gradual demise of an epicurean lifestyle" :)

i work for an isp where the work culture doesn't frown on me spending some personal time on the web. i might as well take advantage of this and keeping a journal will help me stay disciplined.

prior to 3 months ago, i was a hedonist when it comes to my eating choices. i ate a ton of sugar and empty carbs (never passed on desserts), drank a ton of alcohol regularly, and ate at restaurants frequently. i consider myself lucky that my weight has been ~110 since i was 12, but now i'm ready to transform it into a stronger, leaner, harder body, the type of body that i admire in fitness magazines. during the past 3 months, i've made a lot of progress to a clean diet and regular training. i'm close to 30 so i guess this is the about the time metabolism slows down for women.

goals

current:
--weigh ~103-105 by 8/20/03 (going on vacation, yeah!!) i just lost 2 lbs in two weeks with diet/cardio. keeping my fingers crossed that this is not water loss.

after ~ 5 weeks:
--after returning from vacation 9/03, figure out weight training routine, maintain weight while lowering bf%.
--develop abs and arms
-- train for half marathon in 10/03

by 2004:
--have a body i'm confident with, maintenance

the participation and knowledge here is superior to any other forums i've happened upon, so here i am to stay. i'm in learning mode, so if anyone actually reads my entries, feel free to offer advice, criticism, a pat on the back, whatever.

chops out

EdgarMex
07-25-2003, 04:13 PM
Good luck with you goals, chops.

Oh, and here :spam: :spam: :spam:

Shane
07-25-2003, 04:22 PM
The :spam: monster cometh.

Good luck with your goals and your new journal chops. :)

Scott S
07-25-2003, 07:32 PM
Yay! :spam: A new journal!

Good goals, too. I used to be able to run long distances too. Maybe I still could. I've been able to get away with eating complete crap and stay in shape too, but my metabolism is starting to slow a little bit.

BTW, I bet you didn't know that my college nickname was "Chopz" as well! Of course, I highly doubt yours stems from having big sideburns. :D

The only thing I'd correct is, from your pictures, you are already a very attractive person, so I'd try to work on the confidence issues now. ;)

Improving your health, LBM, BF%, etc, is always a good thing to do though! Good luck!

PowerManDL
07-26-2003, 02:23 AM
All I have to say is bling bling.

But what's this garbage about not drinking or eating desserts any more? You have a lot of explaining to do, missy!

chops
07-26-2003, 06:58 AM
EdgarMex and Shane
howdy, thanks for the nice welcome :)

Scott S nice to meet ya. no way, same nick! mine was from an online indentity i had:), chopstix. my friends just coined me "chops".

re: crappy diet, i think i could still eat crap now and get away with it. omg, my almost 60 mother EATS all day and she is smaller than I am. so, no confidence issues here. i am a bizatch :D but i don't want to just look "ok", i want kick my brother's butt in arm wrestling!! (last family reunion, everyone asked me if i had been working out, woot)

PMDL
yes, dad . double BLING BLING (dbb) back at ya. heyo, i expect to see update pix of at least 1mp next time, not dpi ya hear? :)

chops
07-26-2003, 07:38 AM
disclaimer: prob lots of typos

Fri, July 26

Diet Goal 20/40/40 ~1200:
Actual Diet according to Fitday: ~ 1400 31/35/34 f/c/p
M1: huge banana/2 eggwhites w 1tsp canola/nonfat cheese/some veggies/1 eca
M2: ~2oz salmon with salsa/ 2 eca
Cardio: 35 mins biking on forest trail program, 85-93% hr
M3: ~4oz chicken breast/2c mixed greens/apple/0.5 tb pb
M4: ~3oz steak/ 0.5 rib/ 0.5c cheesecake with FRESH blueberries. DOH! <kicks self>

notes:
i should've eaten my cottage cheese and yogurt BEFORE heading to a friends bbq for M4. he has a hondo grill! OMG the meat was so tender. i held back on all the food, and especially the ribs and cheesecake. that darn cheesecake took me off path, normally i'd eat a whole slice though. i have a lot of social events that i don't want to give up. new rule: eat something beforehand to mitigate damages. i stayed away from drinking alcohol though, woot.

plan pre and post food better.

during cardio wo i perspired more than usual. i wonder if this is because of the eca. will shoot for at 45 min cardio daily.

i woke up today,saturday, at 530 am, am listless. for the past 2 days i've been waking up at odd hours (yesterday at 330 am). perhaps this is a side effect of the eca too.

Wikked1
07-26-2003, 08:46 AM
Very nice start to a journal Chops! ECA disrupts my sleep patterns as well......give it a couple days you'll get so tired that you will sleep eventually (this is what happens to me any way)!
Diet looked good up until the cheesecake but chalk it up to a cheat day! :)

PowerManDL
07-26-2003, 01:11 PM
Its not my fault that my webcam sucks.

I could get the digicam, but its upstairs and I don't want to walk that far unless it involves food. Also, the webcam seems to attenuate my blinding white skin coloration.

And yes, ECA's a crazy thing. It always skews my sleep patterns and does a whole bunch of other weird and crazy things to me. But I enjoy the randomness, so I don't let it get in the way.

chops
07-27-2003, 01:42 AM
sat, july 26

Diet Goal: 20/40/40 ~1200
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: ~ 1074 32/28/40
M1: 1 scoop whey/half banana/2 eca
Cardio: biking 10m warmup , 40min ~90%hr , manual
M2: ~4oz salmon/ 0.5c ww couscous/1c broccoli / 2 eca
M3: protein bar / 0.5 slice white bread/ 0.5 tb pb
M4: ~4oz beef/ 2c romaine/ 0.5 tomato

notes:
not enough calories today but more fat than i'd like. was out all day, so was at the mercy of a convenience store and restaurant for m3, m4. remember to put some protein bars in the car. hmm, can't recall if its a good idea to add fat into pre wo meal.

legs felt a little fatigued from yesterday so took it a little easier on the bike today. tried the treadmill briefly but my knee is still bothering me a little bit.

had passing nausea from taking more eca than usual. will put at least ~5 hours in between doses. i can literally feel exactly when the eca takes effect on me. my throat becomes incredibly parched and i become slightly warmer temporarily.

got my bf% measured with calipers at the gym. 24, doh! higher than i thought. i decided my bf goal will be 20% for the time being. once i reach that, i'll decide if i'm satisfied. will take a photo so i can look back at my starting point.

research hr monitors

chops
07-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Wikked1
Very nice start to a journal Chops! ECA disrupts my sleep patterns as well......give it a couple days you'll get so tired that you will sleep eventually (this is what happens to me any way)!
Diet looked good up until the cheesecake but chalk it up to a cheat day! :)

sunday 7/27 will be my 4th day on eca. the lack of sleep hasn't really bothered me that much yet, but that's probably because i pop a couple of 'em in the am too :) have you tried different types? i bought clenbutrx. it's my first time taking a diet aid.

i guess i made up for that cheesecake (it was worth the guilt though) :) on saturday , although i didn't mean to cut my cals short.

chops
07-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by PowerManDL
I could get the digicam, but its upstairs and I don't want to walk that far unless it involves food. Also, the webcam seems to attenuate my blinding white skin coloration.

And yes, ECA's a crazy thing.

aww. next time, don't be shy.
<chops puts sunglasses on> :cool:

nods. some of the little side effects make me feel like i'm a junkie, especially the inclination to grind my teeth.

Wikked1
07-28-2003, 07:54 AM
Chops,I've noticed there is a very fine line between the ephedra zip and nausea as well....particularly when it comes to physical activity. (I try to make sure I don't take it on an empty stomach and nothing closer than 45 mins within my workout). I've tried a bunch of them but I've never tried Clenbutrx I have been hearing good things about it....and of course we all know the news stories surround ephedra (geez people) cmon! Looks like you've got some very good short term goals....ohj a word of advice about bars in the car.....when they melt they get real nasty....try not to let them melt! :D Another great idea....progress photos (I can't stress enough how important they become when you feel like you aren't making progress)....sounds like you've got a great plan setup and the will to succeed! GREAT....and thank for your input in my journal :D

chops
07-28-2003, 09:33 AM
quick update. i've been holding back from stepping on the scale but gave in today. 106.5!! woot. i have NEVER been less than 110 (except when i was very, very sick) in spite of all my crazy ever-changing eating habits and bouts of excercise phases during the past 15+ years. damn, that makes me sound old.

i was in line behind a young woman yesterday. she had some nice biceps. inspiration for me.

no time over the weekend to break out the digicam. will try to do so during this week. journal entries later.

doh. edit: 16+

Sara
07-28-2003, 09:35 AM
Chops, thought I'd stop by with some :spam: great journal!! Good luck with all your goals!!

Y2A
07-28-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by chops
i have NEVER been less than 110 (except when i was very, very sick) in spite of all my crazy ever-changing eating habits and bouts of excercise phases during the past 15+ years. damn, that makes me sound old.

Old? By the pic that you showed youre still hot, so I wouldnt worry about it :D Good luck with your goals!!

Wikked1
07-28-2003, 01:55 PM
quick update. i've been holding back from stepping on the scale but gave in today. 106.5!! woot. i have NEVER been less than 110 (except when i was very, very sick) in spite of all my crazy ever-changing eating habits and bouts of excercise phases during the past 15+ years. damn, that makes me sound old.
i was in line behind a young woman yesterday. she had some nice biceps. inspiration for me.
no time over the weekend to break out the digicam. will try to do so during this week. journal entries later.
doh. edit: 16+
Let's see if I can do this without embarrassing myself or you? I wouldn't worry at all about feeling old. ....(don't rush that, trust me it'll happen soon enough) but you have a lot of years to go before you have to worry about it! Any way I was browsing through the member's pics section and came upon yours. Here's where I try not to embarrass myself.....you are a very attractive lady and shouldn't even be worried about the age factor. You look darn good! I'm kind of interested whether you attribute the weight loss to lack of calories or the Clenbutrx?
And congrats on becoming sub 110 by the way.

Y2A
07-28-2003, 02:29 PM
Here's where I try not to embarrass myself.....you are a very attractive lady and shouldn't even be worried about the age factor. You look darn good! .

You may be old, but you still got game Wikked ;)

chops
07-28-2003, 03:16 PM
Y2A
:D thanks. r u sure that's not your smooth pimp daddy skills at work?

wikked1
most of the time , i don't really feel old :) my physical age is another thing. i noticed that i get tired earlier. i used to stay out until 3-4 am last year, but now i find myself enjoying retiring to the comforts of my home instead of heading out.

as for the weight loss, i have only been taking the eca since last thursday (5 days now) so i'll claim credit for most of it :). for the past ~3 weeks, i have been pretty good w/ my excercise and diet (except for one company picnic that i used as an excuse :) for refeed). i hope i'm getting the thermo affect to accelerate my fat loss, but i'm not sure since i am taking 3-4 caps a day. the bottle says to take 9! plus i do not take them throughout the day. i take the 2nd and last dose by 3pm. i will work my way up to more pills though to get max benefits since i hope to not take them for more than a month total. i am having better workouts though.

and yeah, Y2A called it. you've got game for sure.

chops
07-28-2003, 08:59 PM
sun, july 27

Diet Goal: ~25/~37/~37, ~1200 cals
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 27/36/37, 1230 cals
M1: ~4 oz chicken breast/ ff cheese/ a little broccoli
M2: 0.5c apricots/ ~3oz beef / 1 ear corn
M3: 1.5c rice/ ~4 oz chicken/ 1 serving tofu/ a few scallops/1c greens/1tb oil
Training: off

Supps: 1 calcium, 3 eca

notes:
increased my daily diet goal to ~25% fat.
hit diet target today but meal planning was off. woke up again at 530 am and ate m1 at that time. fell asleep and woke up about noon, had m2. was out all day, so m3 was late, around 10pm.

chops
07-28-2003, 11:59 PM
mon, july 28

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 26/39/35, 1132 cals
M1: ~3oz turkey, 3/4c rice, 2 plums
M2: 3/4c yogurt
Training: 30 min on treadmill, 1.0 incline, 3.5m
M3: ~5oz salmon, 1/2c broccoli, apple
M4: 2 eggwhites, 1 LC tortilla, nectarine, ff cheese, 1/2TB olive oil
Training: 30 min on treadmill, 1.0 incline, 3.5m
M5: 1 eggwhite, 1 LC tortilla
Supps: 2 calcium, 4 eca

notes:

slept better and didn't wake up until the alarm went off - probably because i ate my last meal later than usual, closer to my bedtime on sunday.

ran 7 miles today with zero knee pains, yay! the new shoes are a godsend for my knee. i'm going to be able to begin my marathon training before vacation.

had to eat m3 during a meeting. having salmon in a closed room is not the the most pleasant thing (for them anyway), lol. my colleagues all think i'm a serious nut.

had extra calories at the end of the day so i ate m5 even though i wasn't hungry. i force fed myself today because all food tasted crappy - a new side effect of the eca? other than that, no other side effects presented themselves today. i even took a nice NAP after work. i must be developing a tolerance already, doh.

chops
07-29-2003, 12:22 AM
was not sure what kind of poses to do. front and side views.
side view of arm, yeech. felt kind of comical trying to flex in front of the bf!

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/fitness/chops_front1.jpg

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/fitness/chops_side1.jpg

Y2A
07-29-2003, 07:04 AM
No smooth talk needed here, youre looking good girlie ;) ECA can kill your apetite, so that may be whats going on. You should include your face in pics, youre pretty :D

Wikked1
07-29-2003, 07:20 AM
I've STILL got GAME?! Maybe so (long as that is a GOOD thing), but I call 'em like I see 'em thanks!:redface:
That's quite a good digi cam you have there....I mean we can even see the glow of the NEW sneaks (would you mind sharing make & model?) I would agree with Y2A you should post with your face in the pics as you already have in the member's section.
I can confirm what you are saying about the tastes of foods when on ECA there are simply some foods that taste like CRAP....and it's not a consistent thing either. Hard to describe but just say the flavor is unappealing. Good luck in the marathon.....going to post your results? I wouldn't let heading home instead of staying out late partying make me feel old....just think about how much better you feel in the morning!

chops
07-29-2003, 09:09 AM
Y2A,
i had assumed that the eca would suppress my appetite by making me feel full, not by killing my taste buds. well, appetite suppression certainly works in this department . the only thing that tasted decent yesterday was fruit.i consider it a mixed blessing, however i'm not going to be taking the e that long. as always, you are tooooooo sweet!

wikked1
er, make and model of the camera, or of the sneaks?

the sneaks are new balance 587 for over pronators. i wasn't aware of how much of a difference shoes can make in prevention of injuries. i'm sure my old shoes helped cause my knee mishap.

the digicam is the canon powershot s45 . here is a link http://www.powershot.com/powershot2/s50-45/index.html. the pictures would've turned out better if the lighting in my hallway was brighter. i used photoshop's editing feature for 'auto contrast' which helped lighten the image and bring out more of the details.

thanks for your compliments :D perhaps next time i'll include a full shot but i thought the decapitation (nice choice of words, eh?) would help me look at myself more objectively.

the marathon isn't until october. its actually a 1/2 , so about 13 miles. i've run 2 races before that were 7 miles each. i didn't train for those, so this upcoming event will be a good test of my increased strength and endurance, (if i have any :) ) the recommended training for this is 6-13 weeks. i hope to be able to complete it in ~2 hrs.

aka23
07-29-2003, 11:14 AM
Those are some impressive distances you are running. I used to do a ~7 mile run once per week, but ran into problems with leg pains when my weight increased. I also wear New Balance sneakers to prevent injuries and because their sizes go extra wide. Good luck with the half marathon.

Wikked1
07-30-2003, 09:20 AM
Hi Chops,Yeah make and model of the camera the pics you posted look top quality. Thanks for the link :)
Ha :D for flexing in front of the bf :D
Better than getting caught with a self timer "OH crap!" moment! right??
All you people out there doing all that distance runing more power to you ....I don't want to run that far unless I am running for my life!! I think it's great someone can do it and maybe some day I'll change my mind but till then I'll stick with the old treadmill!

ectx
07-30-2003, 01:14 PM
Just noticed you're training for a 1/2 marathon. That's a fun distance...long enough to be challenging, not so long that training takes up all of your free time. My old girlfriend had a mild pronation problem and used New Balance 367's (I think). What model are you using? Did you get them "fit" for you at a running store? Since you are probably going to log on a ton of miles onto them before october, I suggest you get another pair to wear in along with them. If you're pronation is as severe as mine...about 150-200 miles was the max my shoe would go before my knees bugged me again. A worn out running shoe is just as bad as a shoe that's not made for running. You lose all motion control...It's how I got injured while training for my last marathon. Best of luck.

Shane
07-30-2003, 03:23 PM
Good luck with the 1/2 marathon chops! I'm blinded by your shoes! That's probably a good thing they are so reflective with those crazy Bay Area drivers I always run into up there. They cant help but be aware of you with those shoes. You have the same digital camera I was thinking of getting.

chops
07-30-2003, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by aka23
Those are some impressive distances you are running. I used to do a ~7 mile run once per week, but ran into problems with leg pains when my weight increased. I also wear New Balance sneakers to prevent injuries and because their sizes go extra wide. Good luck with the half marathon.

heya aka,
nice of you to stop by. impressive? thanks, that's quite a compliment coming from you. i think you are looked upon as a hero around here :). i almost bought reboks, but i'm very happy with my new balance shoes and plan to go with them again when i need to replace them.

chops
07-30-2003, 06:02 PM
wikked1
my bf thinks i'm obsessed with my body these days, and i know it has really surprised him that this wasn't a passing fancy. it started out when i read the body for life book and has lead me to where i am now. he laughs at the flexing & my weird eating, the fact that i'm ALWAYS reading wbb , BUT i have a new ability outlast him on the treadmill :). i get the last laugh :D, plus i have NO shame, lol.

as for long distances, once u run a race, its addicting and you want to take it to the next level. same as bodybuilding...a work in progress.

ectx
<waves> hey there,
i have 587 for *severe* overpronators. my last shoes that i bought purely on looks (because i knew nothing) were the nb 991 and i had them for a very long time. i bought my new shoes online at roadrunner.com and went by the fit guides posted there, and that is also where i became aware of flat arches, pronation, etc. total bummer about our knees!! argh. thanks for your support!

chops
07-30-2003, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Shane
Good luck with the 1/2 marathon chops! I'm blinded by your shoes! That's probably a good thing they are so reflective with those crazy Bay Area drivers I always run into up there. They cant help but be aware of you with those shoes. You have the same digital camera I was thinking of getting.

heya shane,

yeah, you can spot me a mile away in those shoes!
canon has an s50 now but i'm not sure what the diffs are. i thought about the sony but i went with canon since they specialize in photography products.

bay area drivers suck, no doubt about that (present company EXCLUDED) :)

Shane
07-30-2003, 07:19 PM
I think someone's trying to build her post total up. hehe.

It was smart to go with the Canon. The Sony's are pretty good but every addition for them is made by Sony and those add-ons aren't cheap! The only real difference is 4 megapixels to 5.

I don't see how you guys can run that many miles at once. I can't do more than 5. Kudos.

Wikked1
07-31-2003, 08:36 AM
wikked1
my bf thinks i'm obsessed with my body these days, and i know it has really surprised him that this wasn't a passing fancy. it started out when i read the body for life book and has lead me to where i am now. he laughs at the flexing & my weird eating, the fact that i'm ALWAYS reading wbb , BUT i have a new ability outlast him on the treadmill :). i get the last laugh :D, plus i have NO shame, lol.

LMFAO Oh sorry I can so relate (my wife thinks I am obsessing over the abs thing) so I can relate 110%....it's funny! I think you nailed it....I think the real shock sets in when the realization happens that's it's not fading or going away.....that's when everyone starts taking notice...."there's something wrong with the way you EAT".....comments like that! LMFAO....it's hysterical....but what is really cool is you kicking his butt on the treadmill ....Yeah.....doesn't this help to inspire him? (Hopefully he will join you in your obsession and that's when the real fun begins) No shame?? I'm not sure I follow what you mean but that's ok you don't need to specify.....

chops
07-31-2003, 09:46 AM
tuesday, july 29

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 24/58/18, 1484 cals
M1: .75c skim milk, .75c kashi go lean, 1.5tb flax seeds. 0.5 tb pb
M2: mcD's mcflurry, boo hoo.
Training: skipped :(
M3: ~4oz turkey, 1c broccoli
M4: 1 very large apple
M5: ~3 servings ff doritos, doh
Supps: 2 calcium, 4 eca

notes:

slept around 1 am on monday, woke up at 5 am on tuesday. stimulants in eca are not offsetting the disrupted sleep. had 30 mins to kill before class and i fell asleep in my car, even though i took 2 eca at lunch. school was a what seemed like forever drag, and i couldn't concentrate due to extreme fatigue, and i couldn't carry my fair share of participation. i notice that i feel beaten with side effects after the 2nd dose of 2 e's, like getting several swift kicks in the ass. going to change e schedule, take two in the am, then one before lunch, one in the afternoon. i don't see myself being able to work my way up to nine, like the label suggests.

bad diet today %$!!! the day started out innocently enough, but the sudden snap of my shoe strap left me barefoot, and took me to walmart. no shoes stores are open at 930 am and home is too far. i had a shameful indiscretion with a mcdonald's OREO mcflurry and totally underestimated the calories to be ~400. darmn transfat. damn walmart for putting mcdonald's in their store. damn walmart for only having bright orange flip flops. i wore these with my all black outfit to the VP's farewell party.

had to skip my normal lunch wo to do some homework. when i got home from school, i was craving salty carbs like mad, probably amplified by my bad choices for m2 and m4, the day was unredeemed by my m3 attempt. at least the doritos were fat free. a little less guilt. couldn't keep my eyes open for much longer after that and no prob falling asleep that night.

chops
07-31-2003, 10:08 AM
wed, july 30

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 24/42/31, 1421 cals
M1: 1/2c oats, 1.5tb flax seeds, 1 scoop whey
M2: banana, .75c cottage cheese. 0.5 tb pb
M3: 0.75c yogurt, 0.5c cottage cheese
M4: 0.5c rice, ~1.5 beef, 2 whole eggs, 1.5c mixed vegs

Training: biking, manual, L7, 45 mins

Supps: 2 calcium, 4 eca, 2 glucosamine

notes:

got much badly needed 8 hours of sleep.

m4 (dinner) threw me off today. after school, was too tired to cook and let bf prep dinner. will need to make sure i have no fuss stuff to eat so i don't fall prey again.

at the gym, sweated my ass off even though i wasn't breathing too hard. hr was over 180 for the majority of the time. i wonder if it's bad to maintain an over 90% hr for the duration of activity.

felt very slight knee twinges today. started glucosamine as preventative measure, and to help me prep for marathon training. going to put limit on running for the next couple of weeks.

bought some fish caps today. pb will have to go so don' t go over my fat allowance :(

chops
07-31-2003, 10:17 AM
shane
you are one hell of a detective! i will die happy if i ever surpass your post count. :)

counter ++

wikked1
actually, my bf lifts about 3x and does cardio 3x /week so i don't really need to encourage him to excercise. his diet does blow though, and he's adamant about not crossing over the abyss into my nutrition world.

"i have no shame" = it takes a lot to embarrass me , so i didn't really mind him laughing over my wannabe flexes :D

Shane
07-31-2003, 03:16 PM
shane
you are one hell of a detective! i will die happy if i ever surpass your post count. :)

counter ++

he's adamant about not crossing over the abyss into my nutrition world.

Yup. I should go into law enforcement. That way when I say "maam, did you know you are driving with your high beams on" and do the cop stripshow for the ladies it that muc more effective.

Your bf sounds like a wise man. Good food is one of the three things that bring meaning to life.

WeakSauceAsian
07-31-2003, 04:53 PM
I'm here because you were cute and these kind of things need attention. :p. Just playing, hope your run goes well :D.

What school are you at? (I'm at UW)

chops
08-01-2003, 11:09 AM
thurs, july 31

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 19/52/29, 1029 cals
M1: 1/2c kashi go lean, 1.5tb flax seeds, 3/4c skim milk, 1/2c cottage cheese
M2: ~4oz salmon, 1/2c rice, 1c iceberg
M3: balance bar
M4: 1 banana

Training: none

Supps: 2 calcium, 3 eca, 3 glucosamine

notes:

eh...not a good day. not a good week for diet/ training.

skipped lunch wo to hang out with visitors, boston buddies, that i haven't have a chance to see all week. i'm learning to eat better at restaurants, no teriyaki sauce, no added oil to my salmon, no dressing on the salad. sushi rolls looked so good on the passing boats but i stayed away. sucks to be always going to restaurants and paying for stuff i can eat at home. 'tis is the cost of socializing.

attended a little birthday party at work and they celebrated with banana splits and cheesecake. they even bought ff ice cream for me. how thoughtful, but alas, none for moi. i hate how they all like to call attention to me not eating, and try to serve all that crap to me, but i know they mean well. there's sure been a lot of socializing events at work lately. i think everyone smells d-day coming and are just taking it easy.

planned to hit gym after school. my 30 min presentation kicked ass but i had no energy left when i got home. will put in triple tiime this weekend to make up for my crap week. will probably cancel my hiking plans to get extra sleep and gym time.

the silver lining today: my mp3 player works again!!!!! :). i'm ready to rock at the gym this weekend.

blah blah blah blah blah.

Wikked1
08-01-2003, 11:25 AM
the silver lining today: my mp3 player works again!!!!! . i'm ready to rock at the gym this weekend.

Yeah!! I can't live without mine....it's what keeps me from hearing the agonizing drone of cardio machine and easy listening music at my gym!
skipping meals? tuttut really should be eating on a regular basis BUT you already KNOW that!
d-day @ work that sounds ominous :(

aka23
08-01-2003, 02:26 PM
at the gym, sweated my ass off even though i wasn't breathing too hard. hr was over 180 for the majority of the time. i wonder if it's bad to maintain an over 90% hr for the duration of activity.

Most persons anaerobic/lactate threshold falls around 85-90% of their max heart rate. When exercising above this threshold blood lactate accumulates more rapidly, and you usually are forced to slow down and recover after a few minutes or less. Even the most elite athletes could not exercise above this threshold for an hour.

This makes me suspect that either the hr reading was not accurate or your max heart rate is higher than you suspect. The common 220-age formula is not accurate for a large portion of the population. One study found that it was more than 12 beats per minute high/low for about 1/3 of their sample. Some alternative formulas and ways to estimate max hear rate are listed at http://www.brianmac.demon.co.uk/maxhr.htm and http://www.heartmonitors.com/exercisetips/maximum_heartrate.htm . A more subjective alternative is the Borg perceived exertion scale, which is described at http://healthandfitness.com/newsartic/DisplayArticle.asp?ArticleID=43&fromhome=true . The article says "You're going to start breathing heavily around 13", which corresponds to 65%MHR.

Answering your question, I do not think there is anything inherently bad about pushing yourself to high intensities. Such high intensities often result more/faster benefits than lower intensities. However, they also have an increased overtraining and injury risk. You would not want to do high intensity every day, but in my opinion a few days per week would be fine. The combination of high intensities and long durations carries a risk of muscle catabolism when done in conditions of low glycogen levels. The higher intensity also effects fuel selection. As intensity increases a smaller proproportion of fuel comes from fat during the activity, but more fat is burned after the activity. One study found the maximum rate of fat oxidation during the activity occurred at about 74% MHR. Another found 3x as much total fat was lost by doing higher intensity HIIT work than the typical 60-85% HR endurance activity.

chops
08-01-2003, 05:29 PM
weaksauce

'sup :) thanks for stopping by and giving me some wuv.

school is san jose. it's local to my workplace and i attend evening classes. actually stanford would be more convenient but errrrr, that's kind of expensive and i dont have that much brainpower :) or devotion. there's a chance i may end up at berk because it's closer to home, and i think the education is better there anyway (d-day written all over the walls at work). whatcha studying?

chops
08-01-2003, 06:22 PM

Most persons anaerobic/lactate threshold falls around 85-90% of their max heart rate.

This makes me suspect that either the hr reading was not accurate or your max heart rate is higher than you suspect.

The combination of high intensities and long durations carries a risk of muscle catabolism when done in conditions of low glycogen levels.

i did consider that my mhr must be higher or that i might be getting incorrect readings. even if i use (220-age) +12 to get a mhr of 204, i'm still ~85% at at 173. it is common for me to meet & exceed this number on a variety of machines at different gyms. it must be that my hr is higher. i haven't gotten around to shopping for my own hr monitor yet so i've relied on the machine readings.

i recall that you used to live in the bay area. do u know of a a reputable testing facility here? i don't really trust the expertise of trainers at 24 hr.

to counter catabolism, i've been making sure that i eat a meal a few hours beforehand, even though it will probably take me longer to get to my weight goal :(. i'm at higher bf%, 24, than i thought (my estimate had been 21%) so i know i need to preserve as much muscle as possible.

one of the sites you listed says that mhr has nothing to do w/ fitness level. since resting hr info would be easy for me to obtain from my dr., is this a good gauge?

thanks for the feedback.

WeakSauceAsian
08-01-2003, 10:13 PM
I'm IS (Business)... :D. CALL ME LAZY. Because I am...

My sis actually lives near you I think (she's from stan).

Anyhow, do well and good luck with the new boyfriend (I'm assuming new from your post in general chat on tattoos)

One

aka23
08-01-2003, 11:54 PM
i recall that you used to live in the bay area. do u know of a a reputable testing facility here? i don't really trust the expertise of trainers at 24 hr.
one of the sites you listed says that mhr has nothing to do w/ fitness level. since resting hr info would be easy for me to obtain from my dr., is this a good gauge?

Unfortunately your MHR cannot be predicted by your resting heart rate and cannot be easily measured by a physician. An official max HR test in a quality facility is likely to cost over $100. Such a test often involves running at near maximum speeds on a treadmill while a fitness or medical professional monitors your HR. I do not know the location of any testing facilities in the bay area. Another option is to try estimating it with one of the sub max HR tests listed in the links from my earlier posts, or use the perceived exertion scale. A crude estimate might be that the fastest pace you can maintain for more than a few minutes without having to slow down during one of your cardio sessions is probably just under your anaerobic threshold or about 85% MHR.

chops
08-02-2003, 05:33 AM
4:25 am. i cannot sleep and it's my saturday.

BAH!!!

fri, aug 1

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 27/32/40, 1170 cals
M1: 2 LC tortillas, 2 eggwhites, 1 slice ff cheese
M2: 4oz turkey, nectarine, 1 tomato
M3: 2 slices veggie pizza
Training: 60 mins total, WOOT!
biking, forest trail program, L7-L10, 45 mins
elliptical, quads and glutes program L9, 15 mins
M4: 5oz chicken, 2c romaine, 1c strawberries, 1.5tb pecans
Supps: 2 calcium, 4 eca, 3 glucosamine

notes:

last chiro visit was today. doc says that he corrected 50% of my curvature problem and that i'm predisposed to having pains later. i think he's full of crap and is trying to milk the situation. i will have ~1 month buffer, before the claim is settled, to see if any problems resurface.

diet and training went well today n' i feel purty complacent with myself. at dinner, the girls thought my customized order was whacked. the eating part was easy but watching them drink their frothy daqs was not. looking forward to sunday when i'll eat a normal meal - dim sum!!

22 days left for me to make my weight goal. according to fitday, i burn 1284 cals basal & 554 from my sedentary lifestyle, 1800 from doing nothing - yea, right, i wish. hey wikked and Y2a, i thought you might be interested to know that fitday says 26 cals are burned from 1 hour of vigorous sex. so i guess *that* can't be the problem. just eat more :)

mini goal for next week will be to go up one resistance level on cardio machines and do at least 45 mins every session.

bought some lifting gloves today. i actually think they look cute.

chops
08-03-2003, 10:53 PM
sat, aug 2

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 25/42/33, 1409 cals
M1 4:30 am: 1 lean pocket, 1 slice ff cheese, ~20 choco raisins BAH!
Training 11:30: 60 mins total on treadmill, WOOT!
6.0 mph for 35 mins, 1.5 incline
5.5 mph for 25 mins, 1.5 incline
M2 3:30pm: 5oz chicken,1c broccoli, 1/2c carrots, 1/2c rice
M3 5:30 pm: 1c lowfat ice cream BAH!
M4 9:30 pm: 3oz chicken, 1 ww bread, 1c broccoli, 1/2 tomato

Supps: 2 calcium, 2 eca, 2 glucosamine

notes:
eh.

ate bf's frankenfood, bah. m1 was around 4:30 am when i couldn't sleep, so cals are a little bit higher due to the very early meal.

i think my madness is rubbing off onto the bf. funny convo today. well, maybe it's just funny to me:

bf: i'm cutting down on carbs
chops: why
bf: i want to put on more muscle
chops: what do u plan your diet to look like
bf: i dunno. less carbs tho
chops: how much fat
bf: none
chops: uh, how much bulk do u want to gain
bf: i don't want to gain any weight.
chops: <laughter>

PowerManDL
08-03-2003, 11:01 PM
Sounds like that boy needs some edumucashun.

Shane
08-04-2003, 01:12 AM
[B]ate bf's frankenfood, bah.

If I weren't a gentleman I'd make full misuse of this statement...:evillaugh

Wikked1
08-04-2003, 07:35 AM
hey wikked and Y2a, i thought you might be interested to know that fitday says 26 cals are burned from 1 hour of vigorous sex. so i guess *that* can't be the problem. just eat more :)

bought some lifting gloves today. i actually think they look cute.

WHAT????!!!! 26 calories? That's gotta be a TYPO:(......geez don't tell my wife that one!!, sheesh she'll trade me in for the stairmaster! :p ;)

Lifting gloves? SWEET......but did you get White or colored??

chops
08-04-2003, 12:18 PM
weaksauce:
IS, eh? interesting times for that major. same as my undergrad. at that time, the industry was peaking. what do u make of it, do the classes address the industry downturn? sucks to be in silicon val right now. curious, what's the ratio to f/m like in those classes? at my school, there was like 2:15 m:f, but in the real working world, i see about 50:1 m:f. maybe that's just the local paradigm.

aka23:
i was able to get ahold of 2 certified technologists at the local jr. college but they don't provide the tests anymore :( my hr is about 183-185 on the treadmill when running constant about 6.5mph for the entire session. that ~84% of 220. doesn't make sense. i''ll perform some self tests later after i get my own hr monitor.

powermandl:
yeah, no doubt :rolleyes: he's on the lean side too.

shane: "If I weren't a gentleman I'd make full misuse of this statement..."

what do u mean *IF*. is that what she calls it? :)

wikked1: the gloves are black n' white leather. they'll help me look hardcore at least, lol.

26 cals doesn't make sense to me either, so i stopped tracking it :D

chops
08-04-2003, 12:24 PM
wikked1,
EDIT: i just checked fitday and its 27 calories for an hour.

Shane
08-04-2003, 07:56 PM
wikked1,

That can't be right. If that's correct I have to find a new pick up line. :cry:

shane: "If I weren't a gentleman I'd make full misuse of this statement..."

what do u mean *IF*. is that what she calls it? :)

Uh....that's classified information. :cool:

aka23
08-04-2003, 08:15 PM
wikked1,

Most people burn more than 27 calories per hour when they are sleeping. It must be a misprint. I have found that fitday has quite a few errors. Searching the web, I found estimates of anywhere from 100 to 600 calories per hour, depending on various factors. I suspect that fitday meant 270, not 27.

Shane
08-04-2003, 09:06 PM

Most people burn more than 27 calories per hour when they are sleeping. It must be a misprint. I have found that fitday has quite a few errors. Searching the web, I found estimates of anywhere from 100 to 600 calories per hour, depending on various factors. I suspect that fitday meant 270, not 27.

That's what I'm thinking. And that's probably low-intensity sex. If it's like '70-80% of max heart rate' sex then I'll bet it's even higher.

chops
08-04-2003, 11:22 PM
sun, aug 3

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: didn't track, cha-cheat day
M1 12:30pm: dim sum & then sum
M2 7:30pm: sweet tomatoes
Training 11:00pm: 35 mins total on bike,manual,low intensity, L4

Supps: 1 calcium, 4 eca, 3 glucosamine

---------------------------------------------------------
Daily and Weekly Goals:
-resist temptation to get on scale
-wo at least 5 days this week. increase resistance level.
-do a 45 mins cardio session, or two 30 min sessions daily.
-eat consistent and clean
-do one stairmaster program
-get daily flaxseed
-use 4 or less equal packets daily

Other Goals :
-get hr monitor this week
-no cheat day until aug 18
-no more gratuitous shopping until september!!! (sunglasses are the only exception)
Notes: was reading fitness mag while i was at the salon today. i realized how much i've learned about nutrition when i got all the quiz questions correct.

happiness today was eating hot chocolate lava cake with ice cream, peanuts, toffee bits, and caramel. interestingly enough, i wasn't really desiring a cheat day and i didn't want to eat a lot of things i normally would have before. i like this new psychological effect. i didn't even take advantage to have a drink.

chops
08-04-2003, 11:51 PM
mon, aug 4

Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 17/40/43, 1081 cals
M1 9:00am: 1/2c oats, 1/2c cott cheese
M2 1:00pm: ~3oz chick, 1c brocc, 1 banana, 1.5tb flax seeds
Training 5:15pm: 45 mins elliptical, L11, glutes
M3 7:00pm: 1c cott cheese, 1/2c yogurt, 1.5tb flax seeds
M4 10:00pm: some tofu & grilled veggies

Supps: 1 calcium, 4 eca, 0 glucosamine

Notes:
Daily goals met ?: yes

Other goals- reminder:
-no cheat day until aug 18
-no more gratuitous shopping until september!!!
-get hr monitor
crap, hardly any fat today. too late for pb run.

forgot to bring glucosamine to work today. changed e schedule back to two in am, two before lunch. felt fine today.

review of fitday calendar for july - i started recording on july 13. i'm going over my diet goal by about ~200 cals half the time-- that's a no no. will be more careful this week. for training, been taking off either 2 or 3 days off weekly. prefer taking off 1 day per week, 3 is unforgiveable!

i'm gonna be an auntie. yay!!!

ectx
08-05-2003, 01:07 AM
I realize you're trying to get leaner and are on a bit of a deadline, but, after seeing the last 2 days of diet you posted, I honestly think you can eat more. 1200 calories are less than my left arm consumes. You could probably add one more feeding in there, and it would probably boost your metaboism a little, so it would all even out. Add at the very least another 300 cals in the equation. It'll be healthier and you'll feel so much better...just my $0.02 worth.

*ps. congrats on being an auntie!!!!

Wikked1
08-05-2003, 07:28 AM
mmmmmmmmm Chocolate Lava Cake sounds awesome!
I'm going with 270 calories lo to moderate intensity for the "mattress sports" that sounds more reasonable to me. Yeah I have to reitterate but 1200 calories sounds considerably below what should be your maintenace level....but if you can manage it that's great! Black & White leather workout gloves Oh yeah now you are stylin':D So did you attempt the stairmill or are you holding off for now?

chops
08-05-2003, 10:59 AM
if "mattress sports" were really 270 an hour, i'd gladly get in 3 cardio sessions per day, lol.

etcx
i used (110 * 12) =1320 maintenance, so with my excercise, i am creating ~500 cals deficit.

some days it doesn't seem like i've eaten that much, but some days i get 1400-1500 unintentionally. fitday average is 1266 per day for the past two weeks.

regarding # of feedings, i try to split it up between at least 4 with 3 or more hours in between. its difficult for me to have set eating times due to the schedule i keep.

my pants feel slightly looser than when i started but i don't feel like i'm still losing weight. i plan to wait to get on the scale because i think i'll have a few extra pounds from the carb up/cheat day on sunday and *other* reasons :). if i find out i haven't been losing weight then then i will either

1) try eating more or
2) change macros and increase fats (EFAs) .

this will be very hard for me to do, because i don't want to end up gaining weight. if i do not see results, i know have to change my game plan and rationale tells me not to eat less than 1200 a day. i'm surprised and disappointed about my progress. i thought surely i would see more results, based on my bf%. :(

wikked1
haven't tried the stairmaster yet. the 2 gym locations i use regularly doesn't have them :( so i have to actually "plan" out a day when i have time to drive to one of my alternate gyms.

yeah i love the gloves. i also bought a CRAPLOAD of other wo gear. i was a nice excuse to shop :), but was the reason for no more shopping til sept.

i hope your dog gets better!

Wikked1
08-06-2003, 08:32 AM
I'll take 3 sessions over (1) 30 minutes on the stairmaster every time...LMFAO (but wait.......*checks own ID ,reads age,decides 2 cardio sessions are quite adequate) :D
Oh that body fat game is such a crazy thing isn't it? Last picture you posted I wouldn't say that you have any worries. But I can relate being one's own worst critic has it's draw-backs. Trust me if your pants feel looser your plan is working......this is one of the first things I noticed when I started kicking up the cardio......I had to have my wife reassure me my ass wasn't fading away again....Oh a special gym for the Stairmill? I get the strangest looks when I go on it at the gym.....(I guess it's not a "manly" device or something) but I could care less....it's intense cardio.
LMFAO about the crapload of workout gear recalling 1 entire drawer in dresser is "workout clothes":evillaugh

chops
08-06-2003, 10:11 AM
Tues, Aug 5

Diet goal: ~25/~37/~37, ~1200 cals
Actual diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 29/39/32, 1296 cals
M1 9:00 am: 2 ww bread, 1TB pb, 2oz chicken, ½ tomato
M2 12:30 pm: 1c yogurt, 1c brocc, 1.5TB flax seeds
M3 3:30 pm: 1 big nectarine
M4 7:30 pm: 1c pasta, 6oz salmon, 1c tomatoes, 1ts olive oil
Training: none

Supps: 1 calcium, 4 eca, 3 glucosamine

Notes:
(refer to Aug 3 post for goals)

Daily goals met ? : Partial
-my diet was slightly over. next time, with a little more planning, I will know I could have omitted something such as the olive oil in m4 to bring me more in alignment with my diet goal.
-changing my goal of “get daily flaxseed” to “get daily EFA”
-didn’t WO. will make up for this on Wednesday.

Other goals:
-I fudged on the “no gratuitous shopping” goal. <sigh>
earlier, i saw a couple of girlfriends who i haven't seen for a month. they both commented that they can see a difference in my appearance :) they also persuaded me to buy stuff i shouldn't have tuttut

besides erratic sleep, i haven't been feeling negative effects of e. if this remains constant for the remainder of this week, i will go to 5 caps a day on sunday.

NO MORE SHOPPING!

chops
08-07-2003, 10:20 AM
Wed, Aug 6

Actual diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 23/44/34, 1244 cals
M1 3:00 am: 7c ff popcorn
Training1 7:15 am: 40 mins treadmill, 6.0mph, 2.0 incline
M2 9:15 am: 1 ww bread, 2oz chicken, 1/2 tomato
M2 10:30 am: zone perfect bar (yum)
Training2 12:15 pm: 45 mins elliptical, ramp-11, L11
M4 3:00 pm: 1c brocc, 6oz salmon, 1 banana
M5 10:00 pm: 1/4c rice, a little chicken stew

Supps: 2 calcium, 4 eca, 3 glucosamine

Notes:
refer to aug 3 post for goals.

Daily goals met ?: Yes
made up for my lack of training on Tuesday with two sessions today. 1st session i went slower because i wanted to make sure i could

finish the wo, considering i hadn't eaten or gotten much sleep. i will try to go 6.5mph for remaining treadmill sessions this week.

i did increase the incline from 1.5 to 2.0. my guilty conscience from yesterday's lack of training has been relieved :).

BAD HABIT THAT I WILL BREAK- eating when i wake up in the middle of the night. freaking empty carbs and salt.

my hr on training2 was 175-190 today. i didn't check my hr for training1. found a source to get mhr testing done at no charge, (although i'm sure they will try to push personal training services on me) yippee. my appt is next tuesday after work.

bad luck today - mp3 player broken AGAIN. it got knocked to the ground my accident during my wo, and now it displays "corrupt" on the screen. hopefully the solution is as simple as reloading music. well, i needed to refresh my playlist anyway since the bf put crap slow music on there by michael jackson and wilson phillips. wth. listening to that stuff makes me what to quit my wo early.

aka23
08-07-2003, 12:15 PM
found a source to get mhr testing done at no charge, (although i'm sure they will try to push personal training services on me) yippee. my appt is next tuesday after work.

I am curious what this source is. I would also like to get my MHR tested, if it could be done at no charge.

chops
08-08-2003, 12:03 PM

I am curious what this source is. I would also like to get my MHR tested, if it could be done at no charge.

DOH, i stand corrected. I called to get further details and it's actually a vo2 submax, which will be less accurate. that's ok with me - can't complain since it's free. the girl i spoke with was fuzzy on the details but she said she thinks they use a stepper. pretty soon, i will be able to perform some self tests.

Wikked1
08-08-2003, 12:13 PM
Hope the MP3 Player survived. Corruption sucks!

chops
08-08-2003, 12:22 PM
Thurs, Aug 7

Actual diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 26/43/32, 1388 cals
M1 7:00 am: 1 sweet bun filled with egg yolk
M2 8:30 am: 1 ww bread, 1TB pb, 1/2c cott cheese
M3 11:30 am: 1/2c oats
M4 3:00 pm: 1c brocc, 1 ww bread, 1 boca patty, small tomato
M5 7:00 pm: 1c rice, 5oz chicken
Training: rest day

Supps: 2 calcium, 4 eca, 3 glucosamine, 3 fish caps

Notes:

Daily goals met ?: Yes
-For the next couple of weeks, Thursday will be my official rest day.
-started taking 3g fish caps per day. will still try to eat salmon 4x a week.

Other goals:
- i can officially cross off "get hr monitor" now. OMG, i'm overwhelmed with appreciation. today, i got a surprise belated birthday gift and guess what it is? what a sweetie! This is my new cardio buddy. i'm going to learn how to use it over the weekend.
http://www.heartmind.net/polar/images/hp26_200x.jpg

i was constantly hungry and ate a little more than usual. i hate it when that happens. in my blood to crave rice n' i wish it wasn't so calorie dense.

chops
08-08-2003, 12:31 PM
Oh that body fat game is such a crazy thing isn't it?

Oh a special gym for the Stairmill? I get the strangest looks when I go on it at the gym

LMFAO about the crapload of workout gear recalling 1 entire drawer in dresser is "workout clothes":evillaugh

whats the fatburner program on the stairmaster like? does it just go very fast? i alternate between 4 gyms but the 2 most convenient ones don't have 'em i'm planning to do a session over the weekend.

yeah..the bf% thing <long sigh> i'm definitely my worst critic but <raises fist in air> but i like setting goals and hitting them :) it's adrenalin for me. yeah pants are a tad looser but who knows..the scale doesn't lie. maybe it's my imagination. i've decided my scale day will be 8/13.

hehe, i had to move my wo clothes OUT of the closet . not enough room there!

ectx
08-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Happy Belated Birthday!

my hrm died on me a year ago.

:cry:

Wikked1
08-11-2003, 09:11 AM

whats the fatburner program on the stairmaster like? does it just go very fast? i alternate between 4 gyms but the 2 most convenient ones don't have 'em i'm planning to do a session over the weekend.

The Fatburner program is like a rollercoaster......lots of little mini peaks and valleys....no huge jumps more of gradual increases in effort.....but after 30 minutes it was grueling it wears me out!

yeah..the bf% thing <long sigh> i'm definitely my worst critic but <raises fist in air> but i like setting goals and hitting them :) it's adrenalin for me. yeah pants are a tad looser but who knows..the scale doesn't lie. maybe it's my imagination. i've decided my scale day will be 8/13.

I'm sure you're getting leaner I noticed a new level of tightness around my midsection once I really started working at the cardio...everything firmed up I guess you could say.

hehe, i had to move my wo clothes OUT of the closet . not enough room there!
Oopss better make some room...
Hey what's up with a journal on page 2 any way ??
OH yes Happy Belated B-Day.....how did we ALL miss this :redface::(
(vows to keep a better eye on your profile)

Y2A
08-11-2003, 09:14 AM
Happy Belated Bday!!! Isnt it great to finally turn 22? ;)

chops
08-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Fri, Aug 8

Actual diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 22/46/33, 1232 cals
M1 4:00 am: 1.5c low fat ice cream, BAH!
M2 8:30 am: 1c rice, 1c brocc, 5oz chick
Training1 12:15pm: 35 mins biking, L6, manual
M3 3:00 pm: 1c cott cheese, 1ts pb
Training2 : running 30 mins 6.5mph 2.0incline
M4 8:00 pm: 1c yogurt

Notes:

Daily goals met ?: Partial
-For training1, did not exceed my resistance level from last week.

chops
08-11-2003, 10:26 AM
Sat, Aug 9
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 29/46/25 1307
M1 6:30am: luna bar
Training 12:00pm: 45 mins treadmill, 2.0 incline 6.2mph
M2 3:00pm: 1/2c ww couscous, 1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber,1TB light dressing, ~4oz salmon
M3 7:30pm: 6p sushi roll, 2oz seabass, 1/2c rice, 3oz tofu

Supps: 1 calcium, 2 eca, 3 glucosamine, 3 fish caps

Notes:

Daily goals met ?: partial
-couldn't go 6.5mph on treadmill, prob bc hadn't eaten for a bit.

other goals:

- had a semi cheat day, sushi :) i don't feel bad, pretty healthy altho carb heavy.

chops
08-11-2003, 10:50 AM
Sun, Aug 10
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 27/42/32 1172
M1 11:30am: 2 ww bread, 3 eggwhites, 1/2c strawberries, 1/4c sf syrup
M2 3:30pm: 1 bean/cheese burrito from taco hell.
Training 7:30pm: 45 biking, hill program, L10
M3 9:30pm: 5oz salmon, 1oz chick, 1/4c couscous, 1 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, 1TB light dressing

Supps: 0 calcium, 4 eca, 3 glucosamine, 3 fish caps

Recap on previous week's goals Aug 3 (http://www.wannabebigforums.com/sh...enumber=3)
- successfully cut my usage of artificial sweetners for good. i'm going with 3 or less per day so this is permanently off my list.
- hmm wasn't so good on on holding back from shopping.
- pretty good w/ diet and training. i strayed from my path a few times,but not bad at all.
-i didn't get around to a gym with a stairmaster

Weekly Goals:
-training: when doing preset programs, L11+. For manual, go L7+.
-45+ min sessions
-wo 6+ days
-split diet into 4+ meals per day
-try not to eat in the middle of the night. if i eat, i will not eat empty calories
-remember to take all supps daily

Other Goals:
-no gratuitous shopping til sept!! this stays on my list sunglasses were purchased this past weekend, no excuses.
-look for pilates or kickboxing facility
Other Stuff:
-decided not to increase eca dose. 4 per day is good enough. even tho i'm feeling awake, i'm getting cravings for coffee all the time.

-my mp3 player work, just had to reinsert memory, yay! 2 hours doesn't seem like enough anymore..maybe look into bigger mem card.

-scale day is wednesday aug 13.

-something crazy w/ my foot. it's kinda numb on one side and it has been like this since yesterday in spite of massaging it and doing cardio. seems that something is always wrong w/ one of my legs at any given time. this year so far: foot surgery, knee probs from car accident, runner's knee on opp leg, and now the numbness on same leg as runner's knee. fudge. i hope my health insurance doesn't have limits.

-used my new hr monitor yesterday. i'm not familiar with all the features yet so the session wasn't recorded :( interesting thing tho, my hr was lower than usual. the bike i used is one that i've used many times and normally gives about 10+ higher reading. my vo2 test is tomorrow

aka23
08-11-2003, 11:08 AM
i can officially cross off "get hr monitor" now. OMG, i'm overwhelmed with appreciation. today, i got a surprise belated birthday gift and guess what it is? what a sweetie! This is my new cardio buddy. i'm going to learn how to use it over the weekend..

I have found hr monitors to be very helpful. I used to put on my hr monitor every time I did high-intensity work on the treadmill or the elliptical trainer. It helped me track my progress, improve profrmance, had useful interval features, etc. I wish I had gotten one as a present. Good luck with the goals.

chops
08-11-2003, 11:29 AM
wikked1
blah! will try to get to the stairmaster this week. it's been so long that i don't even recall which program i used to do. about the midsection bit: yes my tummy is definitely flatter, not quite as firm as i'd like tho :) however, i will be working on that soon. i bought the book 3 min abs (yeah right!). the ab routine is split into 3 days for upper n' lower, then obliques. any experience/input on that since you've been doing lots for your 6 pack? congrats on your new level of tightness

"Hey what's up with a journal on page 2 any way ??

HUH??? not sure what u mean here.

"OH yes Happy Belated B-Day"
THANKS! lol, my bday was WAY back in May before i was active on wbb. no one missed anything :) i've been quite a nomad this year so my buddy waited until i got situated before sending a gift.

Y2A
what do you mean 22? i just turned 18, silly boy :)

aka23
thanks for the support. :)
darn the hr monitor doesn't have a pc interface tho :(. the reading on the machine and my hr monitor were 1-3 off yesterday. i had assumed that the bike would pick up the numbers from my monitor and that they would match, as you wrote about before.

Wikked1
08-12-2003, 08:42 AM
That's great about the flatter tummy! AWESOME! Progress is a good thing! I wish I knew the successful path to a six pack.....I can only go by feel but IMO the weighted incline crunches really work my abs the most and I don't believe that using weight on your abs will give you a blocky or bulky look that's all that distended belly stuff the pros are getting from putting god knows WHAT in their bodies. A lot of reading I do points also to the core building exercises such as Squats and Dead Lifts....stating you need a strong core to have a good squat and dead lift....Aka knows the secret though....and of coure I think a super lean diet and gobs of cardio too. I was wondering what was up with your journal being on page 2 of the journal section.
Ah I'm sure we all feel better about the birthday thing now!

aka23
08-12-2003, 09:06 PM
aka23
thanks for the support. :)
darn the hr monitor doesn't have a pc interface tho :(. the reading on the machine and my hr monitor were 1-3 off yesterday. i had assumed that the bike would pick up the numbers from my monitor and that they would match, as you wrote about before.

Only about 1/3 of Polar's HR monitors have PC interfaces. >95% of the monitors that are sold probably do not have PC interfaces. The ones with PC interfaces tend to be the most expensive models, which are often designed for pro athletes. I have the Cardiosport Ultima HR monitor. The LifeFitness cardio machines in my gym pick up signals from the chest strap. The numbers are sometimes a few bpm off because of different interpretatations of the signals and filters. I can be confident that the signals are coming from my chest strap because my hands are not on the HR pads of the cardio machines. I am surprsied that your cardio machines do not pick up signals from your HR monitor since Polar is a larger, better-known company than Cardiosport.

chops
08-13-2003, 11:20 AM
Mon, Aug 11
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 21/38/42 1120
M1 4:00am: 1 ww bread, 1oz chicken
M2 9:30am: 2 Luna bars
M3 1:30pm: 1/2c yogurt, 1/2c cott cheese, 1c brocc, 1/2TB pb
M4 5:40m: 4oz turkey, 1c brocc
M5 9:30m: 3oz turkey, 1c brocc
Training: None

Supps: 2 calcium, 4 eca, 2 glucosamine, 2 fish caps

Notes:
--------------------------------------------------------
Weekly/Daily Goals Met?: Partial
-didn't wo
-got lots of meals in, woot.
-ate in the middle of the night again, tsk tsk, not empty cals tho.
-bad on taking supps.

Other Goals-Reminders:
-no gratuitous shopping til sept!! this stays on my list sunglasses were purchased this past weekend, no excuses.
Other Stuff:
-grrrr I HATE WORK, I HATE WORK, I HATE WORK. my manager is on a 2 month sabbatical and the guy in charge during this interim is a complete imbecile. since last thurs thru today, there has been two 4 hr meetings and three 1 hour meetings, all UNSCHEDULED,
UNNECESSARY and totally disruptive to my day. he is on a power trip and likes to hear himself talk. there is absolutely no justifcation to be in a meeting for four freaking hours. that's just incompetence. no wonder this company is going down. i got out
of work late at almost 6 (due to stupid meeting). i'm supposed to be in class at 6. when i got to my desk, the helpdesk guys thought i had gone home and had taken over my cube. apparently i had the msblast virus and they took me off the network, so i couldn't even download my homework that i needed for class!!!grrrrr.

Gymgurl37
08-13-2003, 12:54 PM
Hi...just wanted to say keep up the great work and the pics that you had posted look great. You seem to look pretty close to where you should be weight wise which as we all know makes it harder to lose!! I am inspired by you!!

Shane
08-13-2003, 11:06 PM
I know some people who may be able to "take care" of that interim manager for you. :angel:

Wikked1
08-14-2003, 08:30 AM
MEETINGS SUCK!! that is all I have to say about that....
Your calories ......damn maybe I should have tried going that low on my cut? (1200) nah I have that between breakfast and prelunch protein bars :) How's the foot feeling any better?? I was wondering (yeah don't mind me I'm a little off speed sometimes) is it possible you could have impinged a nerve or tweaked one somehow?) I had a little sciatic problem a while back I recall my foot would sometimes feel like it was "asleep" in the morning....just a late thought. Interim anythings are usually BAD news!!

chops
08-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Tues, Aug 12
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: dunno, unplanned cheat!! prob ~2500?
M1 8:00am: 1/2TB pb, 1/2 banana, 1/2c cott cheese
M2 10:30am: 1/2 banana, 1/2c cott cheese
M3 1:30pm: 1/2 cucumber, 1 tomato, 1TB light dressing, 4oz chicken, 1 ww bread
Training 6:30pm: Biking, manual, L12 45 mins
M4 8:30pm: ewwwwwk!!

Supps: 1 calcium, 4 eca, 2 glucosamine, 2 fish caps

Notes:
-had a good wo. L12 is the highest i've gone on a manual bike course.
-bad on taking supps. i need a pill box for my purse
-unplanned cheat

Other Goals-Reminders:
Other Stuff:
-grrrr i'm still hating work.

-diet today started out ok, but then i took off from work early for an appt. i came across this cute lil grocery store with

imported groceries from italy. i LOVE grocery shopping, dunno why. they had all these bulk candies by the pound and i ate a piece of chocolate, darn it. that lead to a few more. kinda reminded me of an osbornes episode where sharon goes outta town and ozzie thinks all american candy is crap so he goes to a grocery store with goods from england and buys a sh*tload of candies and he fills up his kitchen drawer. it's so stocked that he can't even close it and at the time i watched it, it was really humorous. blah blah blah i ate a bunch of candies, so then i decided to have a cheat dinner too. i ate a chocolate brownie, pasta, garlic bread (white flour!), raisins, whipped cream, and blue cheese. yikes, i'm going to cancel my dim sum this weekend.

-had to miss my v02 appt today. rescheduled for next week.

chops
08-14-2003, 04:43 PM
Wed, Aug 13
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 21/39/39 900, not enough
M1 9:00am: 1/2 banana, 1/2c cott cheese
M2 10:30am: 1/2 banana, 1/2c cott cheese
Training 1:00pm: Elliptical, glutes program L12, Ramp 14, 45 mins
M3 3:30pm: 1/4c oats, 4oz turkey, 1c brocc
M4 7:30pm: 1 balance bar, 1oz chick

Supps: 2 calcium, 5 eca, 3 glucosamine, 3 fish caps

Notes:
-had a good wo. 14 is the highest i've put the ramp.
-now taking 5 eca per day
-bad diet today

Other Goals-Reminders:
Other Stuff:
- i weighed myself today. 106. i'm hoping i really weigh 105 or less..dunno if yesterday's big cheat caused "inflation". i have until next friday to reach my goal weight.

-went to the mariah carey concert, woot!

chops
08-14-2003, 05:11 PM
aka23
yes, very interesting thing about the hr monitor, esp when all the machines i use do boast having polar technology in them. sometimes my display would read "00" so i'm not sure if i put the chest strap on correctly, or if my wristband is too far away from my chest.

gymgurl37
nice to have you stop by :) geez, it takes forever to see a little bit of results for me. i feel like i'm cardio crazy! i can't wait to start weight training too and get to 20%bf . thanks for your support.

shane
i didn't know you're a friend of tony soprano? and jared! boy, do u know a lot of peeps.

wikked1
i don't know what's up with my foot. its STILL numb for almost 5 days straight. it has spread a little, but not much but oh my..hope it doesn't travel up my leg. i have vacation plans soon. my dr. visit is tomorrow (friday). i don't see how i could've imposed any nerve damage. i considered diabetes but that seems very unlikely. it doesn't hurt and not keeping me from doing any activities but it's very strange :(

chops
08-14-2003, 06:56 PM
i leave on vacation next week and will return on aug 26. i want to have my new training regimen prepared and have questions that i posted here

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35822

need advice!

Dedicated
08-14-2003, 07:02 PM
Just dropping in to say hi, I love all the cardio you do, great stuff.:)

ectx
08-14-2003, 08:47 PM
i leave on vacation next week and will return on aug 26. i want to have my new training regimen prepared and have questions that i posted here

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=35822

need advice!

What Chain said is pretty much right on. Just don't drink the chocolate milk he does, lol. Have fun on vacation chopsy.

Shane
08-15-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by ectx

What Chain said is pretty much right on. Just don't drink the chocolate milk he does, lol. Have fun on vacation chopsy.

It's the wonder food. :D

Wikked1
08-15-2003, 08:41 AM
That doesn't sound good Chops....traveling up the leg (in this case anyway) :angel: is not a good thing. I hope your Dr. solves it for you. Sounds like you have big plans for vacation.....good deal!
What's the diff ? 105 /106.......20 mins on the stairmaster will do the trick!! :D

chops
08-15-2003, 11:06 AM
dedicated
nice to see ya here. i see you're a bit cardio crazy to, eh? i checked out the site you're following. that guy is really cut. i noticed u want to try HIIT i've done it a few times and i prefer it over duration, try it and see. i'm only doing 45 min sessions because of the marathon.

ectx
chain? u mean shane, the subway cheerleader? i should take advice from *him*?? :P

shane
thanks for all the articles. i'm not on vacation just yet....so i'm still planning my conspiracy to outpost you, detective.

wikked1
only a lb...but hitting my goal of 105 or less is binary! on or off. i want to say i reached it. in regards to the weight crunches u mentioned, i'll have to stick to just the decline bench and hanging crunches for a bit. for the time being, i'd be floored with a weight on me :)

Shane
08-15-2003, 11:12 AM
dedicated
ectx
chain? u mean shane, the subway cheerleader? i should take advice from *him*?? :P

shane
thanks for all the articles. i'm not on vacation just yet....so i'm still planning my conspiracy to outpost you, detective.

wikked1
only a lb...but hitting my goal of 105 or less is binary! on or off. i want to say i reached it. in regards to the weight crunches u mentioned, i'll have to stick to just the decline bench and hanging crunches for a bit. for the time being, i'd be floored with a weight on me :)

EC calls me Chain because that's how my name sounds when a person with a Spanish accent. It was funny to walk through a grocery store with my grandmother aas a kid and have her call my name and everyone thought my name was really Chain. :D

I'm in agreement with Wikked1 about your foot. You should have that foot looked at as soon as you get back from vacation. You don't want to take any chances, especially with something that looks like it involves the nervous system.

*Puts on deerstalker style hat and puffs on pipe*

chops
08-15-2003, 11:26 AM

EC calls me Chain because that's how my name sounds when a person with a Spanish accent. It was funny to walk through a grocery store with my grandmother aas a kid and have her call my name and everyone thought my name was really Chain. :D

I'm in agreement with Wikked1 about your foot. You should have that foot looked at as soon as you get back from vacation. You don't want to take any chances, especially with something that looks like it involves the nervous system.

*Puts on deerstalker style hat and puffs on pipe*

oh yeah..i'm getting my foot checked BEFORE vacation TODAY so i don't have this hanging over my head and worrying

"detective chain". catchy, eh? i wonder how my mommy would pronouce that with her asian accent.

Shane
08-15-2003, 11:53 AM

oh yeah..i'm getting my foot checked BEFORE vacation TODAY so i don't have this hanging over my head and worrying

"detective chain". catchy, eh? i wonder how my mommy would pronouce that with her asian accent.

Good. Get that foot checked.

If your mom is like some people with Asian accents that I know it would sound similar to how my grandma says it.

*puffs on pipe*

:D

chops
08-18-2003, 09:52 AM
Thurs, Aug 14
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 29/41/30 1140 cals
M1 9:00am: 4oz salmon, nectarine, plum
M2 12:30am: 3/4c kashi go lean, 1c skim milk
M3 2:30pm: 1/2 Detour bar
M4 6:30pm: 3oz salmon, 1c greens, 1/2c carrots, 1tb light dressing, 2p chocolate

Training: Rest day

Notes:
Weekly/Daily Goals Met?:
-ate chocolate. oops

chops
08-18-2003, 10:01 AM
Fri, Aug 15
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 19/50/31 1319 cals
M1 8:00am: 2 ww bread, 2 eggwhites, 1/2c strawberries, 1/4c sf syrup
M2 10:30am: 1/2c cott cheese, 1/2 yogurt
M3 1:30pm: Detour bar
M4 4:30pm: nectarine, 1/2tb pb, 2c greens, 1/2c carrots,1 tomato 1tb light dressing
M4 7:30pm: Promax bar
Training : None

Notes:
Weekly/Daily Goals Met?:
-no wo
-diet off

Other stuff:
-seeing phantom of the operat tonight so no wo :( i'm very excited tho.

chops
08-18-2003, 10:27 AM
Sat, Aug 16
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 28/48/16 1635 cals
M1 10.00am: 1/4c oats, 1/2 cookie, 1/2 balance bar
Training 12:30pm : 45 min treadmill,6mph speed, 15 min walking 4.0mph speed, 8.0 incline
M2 4:30pm: 2c greens, 1 tomato, 1/2c brocc, 1/2c mushrooms, 6oz turkey,
M3 5:30pm: banana
M4 9:30pm: 7oz wine, 1 s'more, 1 brownie, 6 marshmallows, 3p choclate, corn :)

Notes:
Weekly/Daily Goals Met?:
-did a whole hour cardio
-diet off
Other stuff:
-my wo seemed tough today. i couldn't get past 6.0mph. prob due to crappy breakfast

-ate a lot of crap at beach bonfire party. got tipsy fast, good thing i'm a cheap drunk now. the glowing flicker of the ashes, husked corn marinated in beer,laughter w/ friends, meeting new peeps. i met a couple of girls who want to check out kickboxing with me. it was worth the experience.

chops
08-18-2003, 11:01 AM
Sun, Aug 17
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 23/39/39 1121 cals
M1 10.00am: 2ww bread, 5oz turkey, 1TB light dressing, 1 tomato, 2c greens
Training 5:30pm : 45 min elliptical, glutes program, ramp 14, L12. Biking, hill program 15min, L8
M2 8:00pm: 1c brown rice, 1/2c pinto beans, 5oz turkey, 1/2tb canola

Notes:
Recap on previous week's goals Aug 10
- bad diet all week, not enough wo. was able to make up some cardio by doing an hour both sat and sun.
- better organized w/ taking all my supps.
- going to try out kickboxing class with a couple girls i met on sat
- was better about food choices when eating in wee hours

Weekly/Daily Goals :
- eat clean all week. will be going on vacation, then the MOTHER will be visiting. diet will be lax at that time.
- no eating during wee hours
- go 6.5+mph during treadmll sessions
- do a couple of hill programs on bike, L12+

Other Goals-:
-no shopping
-weight training plan to be done by sept 1.
Other Stuff:
- my wo was uncommonly tough today too.

- last week for eca. i hope i don't have headaches or gain weight back.

- exchanged anniversary gifts w/ bf and i got exactly what i wanted :) and we talked about having a future together :D. at my last weigh in on wed, must've been bloated from the cheat carb up. surprisingly, i don't think i look *as* different as i had imagined. my clothes do fit better though, and i feel great. i have surpased my goal wieght of 105. i weighed myself on sat and sun,currently almost 104!!. i'm excited to start my weight training soon. this weekend rocked. i'm high on life at the moment.

Shane
08-18-2003, 11:11 AM
They're playing Phantom of the Opera up there again? In SF?

Wikked1
08-18-2003, 11:43 AM
- exchanged anniversary gifts w/ bf and i got exactly what i wanted and we talked about having a future together .
That's AWESOME :D good for you both and Congratulations! :)

Shane
08-18-2003, 11:55 AM
Alright, how much does everyone think Britney Spears and J. Lo weigh?

chops
08-19-2003, 01:01 PM
shane
phantom was GGGGRREAT! <like tony the tiger voice>
don't know their performance schedule tho. i still can't find reputable sources for jlo and brit's weights.
jlo, i would guess 125-130 and brit..110 .

wikked1
thanks :) i'm pleased with how things are progressing. good thing he doesn't know about/read this journal (uh, i hope he doesn't anyway!) so he doesn't know how sappy i really am, instead of the tough girl he knows :)

chops
08-19-2003, 03:57 PM
Mon, Aug 18
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 25/41/34 1048 cals
M1 9.00am: 1ww bread, 1TB pb
M2 10:30am: Balance Bar
M3 1:00pm: 1/2c cott cheese, 1/2c yogurt, 1c brocc
M4 4:00pm: boca patty, 1 ear corn, 1c greens, 1/2 carrots, 1TB light dressing
M5 6:00pm: peach, 1 scoop whey. 1ts pb
Training: None

Supps: 2 calcium, 2 eca, 2 glucosamine, 2 fish caps

Notes:
Weekly/Daily Goals Met? :
- no wo

Other Goals-:
addendum, DISCLAIMER: shopping during vacation is allowed :)
Other Stuff:
- got home at 7pm and didn't wake up til 6:30 am on Tues, almost 12 hours!! i was planning to take a nap and then wake up, head to gym. i have never slept for that long before except while on meds.

Shane
08-19-2003, 10:53 PM
Other Stuff:
- got home at 7pm and didn't wake up til 6:30 am on Tues, almost 12 hours!! i was planning to take a nap and then wake up, head to gym. i have never slept for that long before except while on meds.

Excuses excuses...:p

Wikked1
08-20-2003, 08:29 AM
shopping during vacation is allowed
That is TOO FUNNY!! with a disclaimer even....LMFAO!
Side note: Meal #3 looked particularly tough!
Training? None? That sleep must have been an overdue recovery period! ;)

chops
08-20-2003, 10:30 AM
shane
yeah yeah CAPITAL W, whatever!!! everyone is a critic, i tell ya.

yo, my body idols are angelina jolie (best proportioned), britney spears (best definition), and cam diaz (lean and toned). i know u think cam looks crappy with the blotchy skin but i'm talking body only. do NOT compare me to jlo ok? she looks good but i never would want that butt :)

wikked1
actually i like cott cheese :) the tough part is keeping the proportions small :(. well mom's visit is soon and i can't say no to home cookin' but i gotta stop and smell the roses occasionally :).

recovery period, yes. i feel great now :)

chops
08-20-2003, 11:07 AM
Tues, Aug 19
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 25/48/27 1429 cals
M1 7.00am: 1ww bread, 4oz salmon
M2 10:30am: 1ww bread, 1tb pb, 1tb sf jelly
M3 1:00pm: Luna bar, 1c greens, some carrots, 1tb light dressing
Training 5:00pm: 45 mins biking, trail program, L8
M4 7:30pm: 6p sushi, 4 shrimp, 1/2c rice, 3oz chick

Supps: 2 calcium, 2 eca, 3 glucosamine, 3 fish caps

Notes:
- trail program is much freaking harder than the hill program. i got a kick ass wo.

Other Stuff :
- my vo2 test got rescheduled again, doh! the guy called me and said that he didn't know how to do it. he was going to ask his colleague, but she already left for the day. wtf? uh, and he is a "trainer"?? i guess that's what i get for free. i'll have to make sure the experienced person does it.

chops
08-21-2003, 12:54 PM
Wed, Aug 20
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 27/44/33 1211 cals
M1 6:30am: 1 LC tortilla, 3oz turkey, plum
M2 11:30am: 1/2c yogurt, 1/2c cott cheese, 1/2tb pb, 1/4c oats
M3 2:30pm: 1/2c kashi go lean, 3/4c soymilk, 1ts pb
M4 6:00pm: 3oz salmon, plum, a few pototo chips, shhh!
M5 8:30pm: Zone bar
Training 10:30pm: 35 mins biking, hill program, L12 for 25 mins, L11 for 10 mins.

Supps: 2 calcium, 3 eca, 3 glucosamine, 3 fish caps

Notes:
- decent wo today. diet was pretty close, should try and wean myself away from those bars. so good tho.

Other Stuff :
- leaving after school tonight for vacation. might be my last update until next week if i don't have internet access there. i am going to attempt to track what i eat anyway and even try to throw in some cardio. darn weather in cancun says cloudy :(, but at least in 90's . i want to come back really tan.

chops
08-21-2003, 01:06 PM
new training schedule - start date 09/03

plan to bump calories up on weight training days from 1200 to 1400-1500 which would include small amount of protein and fat before bed. will be recording measurements and taking new photos.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1 : Chest and Back, HIIT

Chest

Flat Dumbell Bench Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Lever Incline Bench Press: 2 x 6-8 reps
Standing Dumbell Pullover : 2 x 6-8 reps

Back

Cable Front Pulldown : 2 x 6-8 reps
Cable Straight Back Seated High Row: 2 x 6-8 reps
Dumbell Shrug : 2 x 6-8 reps

20min HIIT - Elliptical
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 2 : Marathon Training, Upper Abs

Crunches : 4 x 25 reps
Decline crunches : 4 x 25 reps

Day 3 : Legs

Dumbbell Squats : 2 x 6-8 reps
Dumbbell Lunge : 2 x 6-8 reps
Lying Leg Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Hamstring Curls : 3 x 6-8 reps
Lever Standing Calf Raise: 3 x 10 reps

Day 4 : Marathon Training, Obliques

Hanging twisted crunches : 3 x 25 reps
Twisted floor crunches : 4 x 25 reps

Day 5 : Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps , HIIT

Shoulders

Shoulder Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Seated Dumbbell Press : 2 x 6-8 reps
Lever Lateral Raises : 2 x 10 reps

Triceps :

Lever Pushdown : 2 x 6-8 reps
Dumbell Lying Triceps Extension : 2 x 6-8 reps

Biceps :

Dumbell Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps
Lever Curls : 2 x 6-8 reps

20min HIIT – Biking

Day 6 : Marathon Training, Abs

TBD
Day 7 : Marathon Training, Abs

TBD

Wikked1
08-21-2003, 01:09 PM
Have a great time! :D
Hey you want me to send the Low body fat tanning stuff ? I think you'll need it :D
Biking @ 10:30.PM????
....I guess the extra sleep previously wasn't really so great after all???:confused: ;)

WillKuenzel
08-21-2003, 03:00 PM
It said it was supposed to be cloudy in Cancun when we went. It wasn't. It rained in the afternoon and that was it. Sunshined the rest of time.

Have fun! Its a blast! You'll have to let me know if you make it to Xcaret.

aka23
08-21-2003, 03:39 PM
The new training schedule looks challenging. I like how you combined several different types of cardio with weightraining. You might want to do low intensity work or have a rest day on day 6 or day 7 to avoid overtraining. Some people might have trouble doing marathon training so close to leg day. It depends on many factors including genetics. I hope the new routine and trip to Cancun goes well.

chops
08-28-2003, 05:51 PM
Thurs, Aug 21
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 26/50/24 1391 cals
M1 7:30am: ff pototo chips,lf ice cream, licorice (shaddup)
M2 9:30am: boca patty, wheat bread,peach
M3 12:30pm: curry chicken,lentils,naan,rice (indian food)
M4 6:00pm: balance bar

Training : none

Supps: 2 calcium, 3 glucosamine, 3 fish caps

Other Stuff : - this is my last log from before i took vacation. new format of daily diet..not going to keep tracking food portions here, just in fitday.

HeatherLF
08-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Your diet is so well proportioned..I need your willpower!!
Hope your vacation was great. I'm jealous.

chops
08-28-2003, 06:07 PM
no logs for aug 22-aug 25. my attempt to track food on vacation was totally futile.

Tuesday, Aug 26
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 19/48/33 851 cals
M1 8:30am: oatmeal, cott cheese, nf milk
M2 1:30am: spinach salad, cott cheese, yogurt with sf jelly, a little pb
M3 3:30pm: green apple
M4 8:30pm: eggwhites, nf cheese,lf ice cream

Training : None

Notes:

what goals?
Other Stuff : - cancun sunshine rocks.. already feel lethargic being back in the crappy weather here. humidity there sucks tho..made all the outdoor activities kinda uncomfortable. got my much wanted baby t from senor froggies and crap.. the bag was forgotten at mcdonalds (i had to try the creme leche shake of course). tracking food was impossible..esp with the all inclusive package from the hotel. wooot, i got one cardio wo in during the time i was there.my claim to say that i didn't sit on my ass the whole time.

somehow couldn't eat today, no appetite. hard to get back into training/eating routine.

chops
08-28-2003, 06:17 PM
Wed, Aug 27
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 25/39/36 1181 cals
M1 7:30am: zone bar
M2 9:30am: plum, cott cheese
M3 1:30pm: brown rice, chicken , nf milk
Training 6:00pm: stairmaster, cross country program, L9, 40 mins
M4 8:30pm: brown rice, chicken, scallops, huge watercress n' tomato salad/vinegarette.

Other Stuff : - 1st cardio since i've been back, feels great. feels like i'm back on track now. not sure how i feel about that "cross country" program..lots of quick rise and falls.. save that program for HIIT sessions.

Alex.V
08-28-2003, 06:38 PM
851 calories really isn't that many. lol.

Hey, one day of cardio on vacation is admirable... most people really don't do jack. 'sides, who has the energy in the Yucatan sun?

chops
09-02-2003, 11:23 AM
a bit delayed on replies but anyhoo . . .

wikked1
aye! i could use some of that special tanning lotion right now :). my visions of a nice vacation tan have been diminished. somehow, i ended up getting a splotchy uneven color :( so in spite of all my previous frowning on tanning beds, i'm gonna give in and do a few sessions. for the biking at night - my training schedule varies but the good thing to late workouts is that i get the whole place to myself.oh btw, congrats on your ARMS!

homeyield
xcaret looked amazing but unfortunately, i did have a whole day available to set aside for it. went snokeling tho..loved it! yeah, u were right, the weather forecast was deceiving. nothing but humidity but TONS of sunshine .

aka23
yes, you're right..i haven't even started the new program yet and 6 days is the most i can manage on my current cardio schedule. i'll consider the 7th day as a "best effort" attempt and not feel bad if i don't do it :D

heatherLF and belial
thanks for dropping in..portion control and low calories, errrrrk!!
perhaps those comments were premature cuz i'm not even going to mention what i ate these past few days, doh! :angel:

Y2A
09-02-2003, 11:45 AM
jlo, i would guess 125-130

w/15 in her @$$ :hump: :hump: :hump: So in comparison to other body parts, jlo and brit weigh the same :D

Keep up the good work, welcome back to the wonderful world of... cardio :(

Wikked1
09-02-2003, 12:09 PM
WHAT'S this? I am shocked....a convert ......OK but be warned you will be spoiled forever now and you'll see what I mean. But I am sorry your dream tan didn't materialize. I should check back w/Homey to see if he found the stuff I was telling him about...
I hear you on having the place to yourself....sometimes that is the BEST! So did I miss a posting about your vac? Hope you had a great time!

chops
09-02-2003, 01:13 PM
had the mother visiting the past few days n' i resumed my old eating ways. didn't track any of my diet. tsk tsk, i was VERY bad, but i did get cardio in:

Thurs, Aug 28
Training 12:00pm: treadmill, 6.5mph speed,2.0 incline, 4 miles total

Fri, Aug 29
Training 1:00pm: elliptical, xtrain program, L7, 40 mins

Sat, Aug 30
Training 10:00pm: biking, hill program, L10, 35 mins

Sun, Aug 31
Training : none

Monday, Sept 1
Training 12:00pm: biking, hill program, L10, 35 mins

HeatherLF
09-02-2003, 08:44 PM
Looking forward to seeing some pics when your ready...

Choppa Style!! If you don't listen to rap that won't make sense..but I had to say it atleast once and get it out of my system. :)

chops
09-04-2003, 11:27 AM
Tues, Sept 2
Diet Goal: 25/40/30 f/c/p ~1300-1400 cals
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 16/59/25 1247 cals
M1 8:30am: kashi go lean, soy milk, coffee
M2 11:30am: cott cheese n' yogurt, pb
M3 2:30pm: 1/2 detour bar
M4 5:15pm: balance bar
M5 8:15pm: pineapple,mango,sticky rice, french bread

Supps: 2 calcium, 3 glucosamine, 4 fish caps

Training: skipped

Other Stuff :

-today was supposed to be the start of my weight training, leg day. :( drove an hour to the ghetto east side to return all the videos mom rented.got sucked into looking for a french/asian bakery.
-adjusted adjusted macros and calories for new training but <ahem!> not on track yet
-TenRen brand is the shiet for green tea
-i know what FOC burps are now. very well, indeed.

chops
09-04-2003, 11:41 AM
Wed, Sept 3
Diet Goal: 25/40/30 f/c/p ~1300-1400 cals
Actual Diet according to Fitday f/c/p: 30/51/17 1855 cals
M1 9:00am: sticky rice, beans
Chest/Back Weight Training 12:00:
M2 1:30am: beef enchiladas
M3 4:00pm: chicken enchiladas
Cardio Training 5:45pm: 35 min stairclimber,rolling hills program, L10
M4 8:30pm: muffin

=============================================

Weight Training Detail:
my first weight training workout felt challenging to me even tho the weights arent't that heavy. i'm a weakling. the few couple of sets of every excercise i was trying to figure out the appropriate weight to use. it may take me a couple of weeks to figure out correct form and establish a solid routine. this new deal will be an excercise in patience, grrrrr!it was frustrating that i used up an entire hour today for what felt like an unfruitful wo.

Chest

Flat Dumbell Bench Press:
1x10x5
2x10x8
2x8x10
not sure if i recorded this right(sets x reps x weight)..10lb dumbells is 20lb total tho.. first few sets, hard for me to synch up my arms for a unison movement.

Assisted Barbell Press:
3x5x45
i was shooting for 6 reps per set on these. my co worker had to come over TWICE and help me get the bar back on the rack, lol. fudge, this starts at 45lbs. i could feel my back arching on the 4th, could barely make it to 5, not good.

Dumbell flyes :
1x10x7
2x8x8
2x8x10

Back

Cable Front Pulldown :
2x10x30
2x8x45
45 was hard for me to keep my form, but thing increments x15..

Cable Straight Back Seated High Row:
2x10x30
2x8x45

Dumbell Shrug :
1x10x8
1x10x10
1x10x12
1x10x15
these weren't difficult..i can prob go to 20's, if i can go that much higher than i can on the other excercises, maybe i'm doing them wrong?!.

Other Stuff:
- i've fallen from heaven n' joined the dark side with chain :). crappy diet still. boss who is on sabbatical must be bored or in a nice mood. he made enough enchiladas for 20 ppl and came by to feed us. why do ppl show love/affection with food?! especially after a day of enchiladas, what does bf bring for me? freakng MUFFins.

Wikked1
09-04-2003, 11:56 AM
joined that dark side? huh what? this can't be the dark side I know of it must be a take on something else!
I saw a stair climber entry there :thumbup:
so what's the verdict on the foot??

WillKuenzel
09-04-2003, 11:56 AM
Dumbell Shrug :
1x10x8
1x10x10
1x10x12
1x10x15
these weren't difficult..i can prob go to 20's, if i can go that much higher than i can on the other excercises, maybe i'm doing them wrong?!
I'd say you could probably even go higher than the 20's. The traps on top of having a really short ROM are also really dense and strong. I can do quite a bit more weight with shrugs than I can just about anything else. If they are light then move up. If you weren't doing more then I would be worried you aren't doing them right. :)

chops
09-04-2003, 11:57 AM
y2a hey look who's back, 200% pimp :)
nah.. i don't think jlo (minus butt) and brit have similar bodies, brit is more muscular..chain brought them up because we are close in height. well regardless..apples and oranges cuz that's a bit out of my league unless i have $$ for a personal trainer and lots of time on my hands :D. i'll just picture her , for motivation, when i'm staggering on my last rep tho :)

wikked1 i haven't been to a tanning salon ever, am i supposed to use sunscreen on a 20 min session? :scratch: nah, u didn't miss a beat, i didn't post much about my vacation. cancun beaches and service are great, but not enough other stuff there to merit a spot on my "recommended vacations" list.

heatherlf what's choppa style?! hmm, only rap i know is "i like big butts.." and "in da club" :) pics.. prob in about a week or so.

Alex.V
09-04-2003, 12:02 PM
It took me ages to figure out what the hell (or who the hell) "chain" was. lol.

chops
09-04-2003, 12:46 PM
wikked1
dark side - chain calls refers to me as a "convert" to his diet club for gluttons :) my diet during cancun excursion has taken me on a long detour...not for long..brand new week soon. time to get serious!

ah the foot. thank you for asking. doc had said wait a couple of weeks to see if it gets better and then get tested for thyroid prob/diabetes. well it's been about 3.5 weeks of numbness now, so about time for me to head into the lab :(.

yep, i've rediscovered my liking for the stairclimber. some of those programs will fit well with HIIT.:thumbup:

homeyield
that's good news :) i watched a demo video and it looks dummy proof so i was thinking wth, i can't be doing them wrong.

belialhehe..maybe if you don't speak with a spanish or asian accent, it's harder to pick up?

HeatherLF
09-04-2003, 03:09 PM
hmm, only rap i know is "i like big butts.." and "in da club" :)

I don't know who sings it, but they say "choppa style" in the song and that is what popped in my head when writing to you the other day! "I like big butts"..classic! :)

HeatherLF
09-04-2003, 03:10 PM
hmm, only rap i know is "i like big butts.." and "in da club" :)

I don't know who sings it, but they say "choppa style" in the song and that is what popped in my head when writing to you the other day! "I like big butts"..classic! :) By the way how did the db squats go?

Alex.V
09-04-2003, 03:12 PM
Oh, sorry, I actually only submitted half my post. I wanted to echo Homeyield there.

aka23
09-04-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by HeatherLF
I don't know who sings it, but they say "choppa style" in the song and that is what popped in my head when writing to you the other day! "I like big butts"..classic! :)

The artist Choppa sings the song titled "Choppa Style". The full lyrics are at http://www.quicklyrics.com/lyrics/Choppa_Choppa-Style.htm

Shane
09-05-2003, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by Belial
It took me ages to figure out what the hell (or who the hell) "chain" was. lol.

;) Even my grandmother calls me Chain.

Other Stuff:
- i've fallen from heaven n' joined the dark side with chain :). crappy diet still. boss who is on sabbatical must be bored or in a nice mood. he made enough enchiladas for 20 ppl and came by to feed us. why do ppl show love/affection with food?! especially after a day of enchiladas, what does bf bring for me? freakng MUFFins. [/B]

Hehe. Next thing you know I'm going to be wearing a black helmet, speaking to you in a deep asthmatic James Earl Jones voice and saying "who's your daddy?". :angel:

Sticky rice is good. :D

HeatherLF
09-05-2003, 11:11 AM
The artist Choppa sings the song titled "Choppa Style". The full lyrics are at http://www.quicklyrics.com/lyrics/Choppa_Choppa-Style.htm

LOL You crack me up aka, is there anything you don't know!

Y2A
09-05-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by HeatherLF

LOL You crack me up aka, is there anything you don't know!

Aka knows all and is always willing to help. He likes long romantic walks on the beach. He is a gentleman. He is good looking with a great body. Aka would be perfect for you... if you werent married and on the other side of the country :)

Chops,
I was just saying that they would *weigh* the same, Brit does have a more muscular body. But Jlo has more curves :drooling: Nice avatar btw, pretty girl ;)

chops
09-05-2003, 02:16 PM
Thurs, Sept 4

Diet Goal: approx 25/40+/30+ f/c/p ~1300-1400 cals
Actual Diet according to Fitday
Total: 1487
(g) (%)
Fat: 38 24%
Carbs: 222 59%
Protein: 64 18%

M1 7:00am: blueberry muffin
M2 9:30am: cheese/ham/veggie omelet w/ whole eggs. english muffin
Race/Cardio Training 12:00pm: treadmill,6.2mph speed, ~4m total, 2.0 incline
M3 3:00pm: cott cheese n' banana
M4 8:00pm: sushi (yummy)

diet better but still sucks. still not where i need to be..gotta get back into the habit of eating more protein

Supps: calcium,fish caps,glucosamine

Other Stuff:
oy vey another muffin..the wicked bf bought the FAMILY sized pack of muffins from the grocery store, so there's 12 of em. going to get rid of them by feeding them to my coworkers.

chops
09-05-2003, 02:30 PM
heatherlf oooh, squats, YES. me likes 'ems! thanks for the tips..i ended my 4th set on 20's..i'm sure i can go higher next time.

aka you never cease to amaze us :)

belial knock, knock, anyone home? <wink>

shane is that like your ultimate star wars fantasy while that some girl is wearing pin curls in gold bikini tied up on some spinner thingy?

Originally posted by Y2A

Aka knows all and is always willing to help. He likes long romantic walks on the beach. He is a gentleman. He is good looking with a great body.

Chops,
I was just saying that they would *weigh* the same, Brit does have a more muscular body. But Jlo has more curves :drooling: Nice avatar btw, pretty girl ;)

y2a lol..DAMN if i was a dude, i'd wanna be your wingman fo'sho.

did u see the kiss w/ brit and madonna? i heard about it before i saw it..was anticlimatic if ya ask me.

thanks for the kind words <my knees are buckling, i'm melting>. you are sooooo smooth.

Shane
09-06-2003, 12:54 AM
shane is that like your ultimate star wars fantasy while that some girl is wearing pin curls in gold bikini tied up on some spinner thingy?

:angel: Actually, that's only like #12 on the list.

chops
09-06-2003, 01:32 PM

:angel: Actually, that's only like #12 on the list.

dude, STOP.i don't even wanna know.

holy mother..my legs are sore today. my butt hurts, quads ache, and i have to sit slowly. (no gutter comments CHAIN). yesterday was leg day n' during the WO, hamstring curls didn't feel like they were done properly. today..the hams now speak the truth. owwwie. will skip HIIT today..tomorrow the race training calls for 70 mins of running. holy cow.

Shane
09-06-2003, 01:40 PM
LMAO I wasn't even gonna say anything bad. Maybe instead of HIIT today (which it's wise you aren't going to do while so sore), try doing some really light exercise to get the blood flowing to your legs. Something like recreational walking or swimming. And get some carbs in you too.

midee1
09-06-2003, 04:10 PM

holy mother..my legs are sore today. my butt hurts, quads ache, and i have to sit slowly. (no gutter comments CHAIN). yesterday was leg day n' during the WO, hamstring curls didn't feel like they were done properly. today..the hams now speak the truth. owwwie. will skip HIIT today..tomorrow the race training calls for 70 mins of running. holy cow.

Leg Day rulz just for that reason.:D

Decided to drop by poke around and see what was happenin. Everything looks like it is working out great. Sorry to hear about the foot. Injuries suck.:mad:

Wikked1
09-08-2003, 07:51 AM
Nice change of avatars chops. Gutter comments LMFAO.....sucks about the foot too ....I hope it works out for the best! 70 minutes running after leg day? Go for it ....it will make you HARDCORE and......IMO eases leg DOMS!

Pup
09-08-2003, 08:06 AM
Running for 70 minutes...that already makes you at least 17.3 times more hardcore then me.

JustinF
09-08-2003, 09:10 AM
:hello:

chops
09-08-2003, 10:15 AM
Friday, Sept 5

Actual Diet according to Fitday HMM, that's a good question.

M1 9:30am: ww pita, eggwhites
M2 11:30am: zone bar
Legs- Weight Training 12:00pm:
M3 3:00pm: cott cheese n' banana
M4 ?:00pm: don't recall

Weight Training Detail:
my first time doing weight training on legs. leg day was fun because i'm already semi or fully familiar with all the exercises. the only thing was figuring how much weight to use. i'm sure i can go higher on all the dumbell exercises.

Legs

Dumbbell Squats:
1x10x8
1x10x10
1x10x15
1x10x20
the 15 dumbells started feeling challenging, 20's were challenging but still ok and i can go lower than parallel. next time i will start at 15's. i have to watch my tendency to end up on tiptoe a little, and also for my knees to go inward.

Dumbbell Lunges:
1x10x8
1x10x10
2x10x12
fumbled a bit experimenting with how big of a step to take. was more difficult to stay balanced on my way back to original position. wondering if using same weights for both lunges and squats is the norm cuz these felt harder.

Sitting Leg Press:
3x10x95
1x10x115

Hamstring Curls:
3x10x30
these where hard and i had perspiration marks on my shirt to show for it! however, the muscle isn't being isolated. tried pointing toes in, out, moving down a little so knees were off pad more. in the end, it still felt like my calves are doing a lot of work.

Lever Standing Calf Raise :
i planned to do these but the gym didn't have any calf machines. DOH.

Scott S
09-08-2003, 11:06 AM
Next time, try using a barbell (toes on 45s on the floor) for the calf raises. Teaches you some balance too. :)

Shane
09-08-2003, 01:14 PM
Most people can't use as much weight for lunges as they can for squats because the exercise only uses one leg at a time and requires more balance. So don't worry about that.

Point your toes up to help keep the gastrocnemius from being involved in your leg curls as much as possible.

The gym not having the standing calf raise machine shouldn't be a problem. I'd do calf raises on the leg press machine. You can use a lot of weight without the added compression on your spine. Then you can do some free weight calf exercises with a dumbbell or a barbell.

Alex.V
09-08-2003, 03:31 PM

Hamstring Curls:
3x10x30
these where hard and i had perspiration marks on my shirt to show for it! however, the muscle isn't being isolated. tried pointing toes in, out, moving down a little so knees were off pad more. in the end, it still felt like my calves are doing a lot of work.

Calves will be involved on these no matter what, the gastrocs cross the knee joint, and will be engaged every time you pull in. Knee flexion is part of their function, it's impossible to remove them from the motion. However, if you do train your calves separately, and do them in a similarly low rep range, eventually their strength will outstrip your hamstrings and you won't even feel them during the curls.

midee1
09-08-2003, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Pup
Running for 70 minutes...that already makes you at least 17.3 times more hardcore then me.

:withstupi

You go girl.:D

chops
09-08-2003, 04:18 PM
chain yeah, i remembered what u told me before re: pointing out. tried that n' it helped a little but still didn't feel the muscle isolation BUT as u know, the hammies were a bit sore the next day so i guess i did hit 'em.

oh yeah, i'm kinda illiterate since english is my 2nd language :). congrats on the new job ::thumbup::

midee and wikked1 :( boo hoo on the foot. i still haven't gotten the bloodwork done yet but since it doesn't hurt or affect me, it's one of those things I put on the backburner, hoping it would go away. will check it out this week..worst case scenario
can't be that bad.

scott s nice to have ya here :). thanks for the tip. i knew there must be a way to do w/o a machine

belial thanks for the suggestions :D but although i didn't chance to see how much weight my calves can take, i think that those will be my strong point. my hams have never gotten much attention so i would think those are much weaker. hopefully can figure it out better next leg day, as i'll be able to implement scott's suggestion and see how strong my calves really are.

pup well, hello there! that's not a hemp plant, is it? because i cannot taint my journal with "substances" that alter my mind [any farther than it is already altered!!] :). hmm 70/17.3 means u only run ~4 minutes? ::scratch:: LOL

justinf did *she** tell u to come here? :) (since i hear u don't have a mind of your own now lol). thanks for stopping by.

chops
09-09-2003, 12:42 AM
Saturday, Sept 6

Actual Diet according to Fitday I am not tracking during this weekend due to family visitors.

========================================
Shoulders, Triceps and Biceps Weight Training Detail, HIIT:

my first time weight training these body parts. the gym i used today has a lot more variety of equipment than the gym i used on my weekday lunches. many of these machines have increments of +5-10 weights, while the other gym has increments of 10-15 lbs. i will try to shift my UB workouts to the a.m. or after work so i can go to an alternate gym. not sure if this is feasible. i have a long ride to work, and i'm not much of a morning person. the bad thing about going after work is that traffic gets really congested.

Shoulders

Shoulder Press :
4x10x(whatever the bar weight is)
this was heavy. i think i'm supposed to come back down further but i kept the angle up by higher by about 2 inches. if i dippedlower, it was impossible for me to get back up with correct form. this activity was hard on my wrists.

Seated Dumbbell Press Mach :
2x10x10
2x10x15

Lever Lateral Raises :
3x10x30
could feel actually feel the shoulders on this

Triceps :

Lever Pushdown :
2x10x10
2x10x15

Dumbell Lying Triceps Extension :
2x10x5
2x10x8
i felt a little self conscious here, being on the female on that side of the gym. i'll get over it though :). the gym did not have a matching set of 5's so one of the dumbells was a lot bigger than the other (same wieght tho). i don't think it made a difference in my movement though.

Biceps :

Dumbell Curls :
2x10x8
2x10x10

Lever Curls :
2x10x10
2x10x15
i see why machines are said to be easier than freeweights, the seating position helps me hold my form and movement is more controlled.

20min HIIT
was scheduled – didn't do, SORE LEGS. i finally figured out what all the DOMS talk is about.

Other Stuff:
bf's dad arrived today and i will be playing the part of tour guide and hostess. it's my first time meeting him and for me to try to follow my diet would hamper our activities and "quality time" (i showed him around by taking him to the annual chocolate festival at ghiradelli square :D), so i'm going to plan to go off-plan, if that makes any sense. once the workweek hits, at least my daytime diet will be clean. i'm good and ready to get serious again ::thumbup::

chops
09-09-2003, 01:03 AM
Sunday, Sept 7

Actual Diet according to Fitday I am not tracking during this weekend due to family visitors.

Race/Cardio Training Detail:
60 mins total, 0.0 incline, 4.5-6.2mph, a little over 6 miles completed.

well the NOVICE training program at the website for the race has a long run scheduled every sunday, for 5 weeks. each week the sunday run increments by 5 minutes. the 5th sunday should be 90 minutes and the 6th sunday will be the actual race. this is in addition to multiple runs ranging from 4-6 miles during the weekdays.

so this is the 1st sunday and it calls for 70 mins which sounded very intimidating to me. i planned to go at least 45 minutes to when i couldn't stand running anymore. the run was surprisingly less effort ,WOOT!!!, than i had imagined but i had to stop after an hour, even tho i could have kept going. it was time to pick up bf's dad for dinner and i didn't want to be late and make a bad impression. i think the energy burst was because i wasn't monitoring my diet n' i ate more carbs than i normally would ::angel::.

my legs were super duper sore from my leg day, so i started my run at 4.5mph but worked my way up to 6.2mph. i prefer to run at a constant rate of at least 6mph, up to 6.7mph if i'm feelin' it. by the race date, i would like to be capable of holding a 7mph constant pace.

flex-all lotion was my best friend today. some peeps looked around like "wth is causing that smell" lol. i looked straight ahead so they all probably knew it was me. :D it's good for me that i happen to like the menthol scent. after i completed my run, my legs felt less sore.

JustinF
09-09-2003, 04:14 AM
justinf did *she** tell u to come here? :) (since i hear u don't have a mind of your own now lol). thanks for stopping by.

LOL
:nod:

Nice shoulder sesion.

Isn't leg DOMS the best? I have also found that cardio the day after legs helps to alleviate the DOMS, as long as it isn't max effort. Keep up the good work! :thumbup:

Coke
09-09-2003, 05:15 AM
Hello or should I just say HI - :) ...I would be sure to look you up when I come to that area for my tour too

Nice cardio and running!

Wikked1
09-09-2003, 11:39 AM
(i showed him around by taking him to the annual chocolate festival at ghiradelli square)
OOooo a festival of chocolate? How decadent is that? That's more sinister and evil than Ice Cream! :D
I went to one of those once when I was young(er) and foolish.....but I don't think a small diversion is going to hurt you one bit. Get that blood work done young lady tuttut and get that foot 100% checked out while it's still not too much of a problem or else :angel:

chops
09-09-2003, 12:16 PM
justinf don't mind the soreness at all n' i know my muscles will adapt. plus, i have my trusty friend, FLEX ALL lotion to the rescue .

cocoa hey there, oooooooh -what kind of tour?

i see how it is. i mention a ghiradelli festival and NOW u want to want to visit this area. hmph! :)

wikked1

boy. u sure are bossy :) bloodwork <checkmark>. DONE. result will be in 5 days.

yes, a whole festival of everything chocolate. oh u think regular ice cream sounds sinister and evil - ghirdelli has their own ice cream restaurant there, so all the ice creams and fudges they serve are made from their signature chocolate. ppl wait in lines going out the door for that stuff.

i think this is an evil conspiracy against me to keep me off plan: first cancun, then the muffins, visit from my mom, and now the visit from bf's pops. HMMMM.
-----------------------------------------------------------

i gather detective chain is the real mastermind behind this!!

JustinF
09-09-2003, 12:33 PM

yes, a whole festival of everything chocolate. oh u think regular ice cream sounds sinister and evil - ghirdelli has their own ice cream restaurant there, so all the ice creams and fudges they serve are made from their signature chocolate. ppl wait in lines going out the door for that stuff.

:nod:

When Wifey and I were in Orlando, we went to A Ghiardelli ice cream place. :drooling:

I hafta admit we indulged. :angel:

It was YUMMY!!

Coke
09-09-2003, 12:44 PM
The tour of your city...:)

chops
09-09-2003, 01:13 PM
Monday, Sept 8

Total: 819
Fat: 22 195 25%
Carbs: 75 277 35%
Protein: 80 320 40%

M1 10:00am: ww pita, chick breast, nf cheese, tomato
M2 11:30am: plum
Chest / Back Weight Training 12:00pm:
M3 2:30pm: chick\romaine\tomato salad with ginger dressing
M4 5:00pm: zone bar
Cardio Training: skipped

Chest / Back Weight Training Detail:

my 2nd time chest/back training felt remarkably easier than last time. my movements felt more cordinated and controlled. it was nice to not feel clumsy handling the weights and i believe i have a good idea of the right combo of weight to use for the first few weeks of the plan.

Chest

2x10x8
2x10x10
1x8x12
12's definitely my threshold for now

Flat Dumbell flyes :
2x10x8
2x10x10
1x8x12

Incline Flyes:
2x10x8
2x10x10
1x8x12
last week, i strugged with the assisted barbell press machine soi was going to use the chest press instead, but there
was someone on it. i substituted with this exercise.

Back

2x15x30
2x15x45

Cable Front Pulldown :
1x15x30
3x12x45
hmm, last week the 45 was pretty hard. this week was perfectly fine, weird.

Dumbell Shrug :
3x15x15
1x10x20
15's no prob, 20's heavy tho.i wish dumbell's came in 17's.

HIIT/Cardio:
after work, i went to get a blood test but i didn't know i was supposed to fast for it. i didn't eat anything after 5pm

so that i could go back for the test on tuesday morning. i didn't get home until 9ish and by that time, i was hungry and didn't feel

like exercising on empty.

chops
09-09-2003, 02:38 PM
Tuesday Sept 9

i just finished getting my bf% measured during my lunch hour. this is my 2nd time getting measured, but i used a non 24hr gym this time. two methods were used today, tanita scale and calipers (lange).

Lange Calipers
~19%

Thigh (20.5, 19, 18.5) 19.3 mm avg
Tricep (10.5, 10, 10.3) 10.3 mm avg
Suprailiac (8,8,8) 8mm avg

Tanita Scale
106 lbs, 15.2% bf%

1.5 lbs gained from pre-cancun days :(. not bad for for 3 wks of hedonism tho.

when i was measured in july 03 at my regular 24hr gym, i was at 24%. i do not know the type of calipers they used, and they took each measurement once. since i have lost a a little bit of weight, the 19% from the caliper reading today would be in alignment with my previous bf% reading although the instrument used and the formulas were different.

tanita scale??? :omg: must be broken.

edit: the test was performed on tuesday, not monday.

aka23
09-09-2003, 03:00 PM
tanita scale??? :omg: must be broken.

Most digital scales use bioelectrical impedance to measure body fat. I think the biggest problem with bioelctrical impedence measures is that they vary greatly with hydration. This produces inconsistent results depending on meal timing, exercise timing, water rentention, and hydration status. Such scales often work well when measured x hours after meals, drinking, exercise, etc. However, few people do this. The people who make these products often claim they are more accurate than skin callipers, but Consumer Reports found that it overestimates body fat in women by an average of 8% and in men by 3%.

Personally I would trust skin callipers above such scales. However, the the calliper measures can vary greatly depending on the formula used, the skill of the tester, and atypical body composition. Issues such as hydration also effect skin callipers, but to a lesser degree than bioelectrical impedence.

HeatherLF
09-09-2003, 08:54 PM
Workout looks good Chops. 106lbs!!..You are a peanut! :)

Alex.V
09-09-2003, 10:22 PM
816 calories. I think I would literally start eating my own leg.

;)

chops
09-09-2003, 11:02 PM
aka23 you know, i never knew what your icon was before. i walked into someone's cube today and they had a big stuffed animal of whatever your character is and this person told me it's like the hot thing in anime. i'm out of touch :)

i was not aware of the technology used in the tanita. i just knew the reading was far from correct. before the test was taken, i was asked how long ago did i eat and train. i read that in women, abs will start showing around 12% and for sure, my abs are buried under more than 3% of fat :). the weight reading from the tanita did match another scale i used for comparison.

the ppl today seemed more knowledgeable than the ppl at 24, but since i don't know how numbers are calculated or how the skin should be pinched, that's just a guess. i have decided to use this facility for tracking my bf% so i can have a consistent method (callipers) & have the same person taking it each time.

heatherlf i have never been referred to as a peanut, LOL. is that good or bad?

belial how come u always seem to pop on those ridiculously low days?

if i were you, i would not eat the leg. at only 10% bf, i'm sure the meat will be extremely tough and chewy :) (compare angus ground beef to regular 10% lean beef )you want a well marbled drumstick. <sprints away>

JustinF
09-10-2003, 03:03 AM

;)

LMAO. :D

midee1
09-10-2003, 03:59 AM
Hey Chops,

One word for you

Bacon

:p

midee1
09-10-2003, 04:05 AM
Hey Belial,

At 106lbs you could eat her leg without screwing up your macros for the day. :D

Wikked1
09-10-2003, 07:27 AM
Bossy? Me? Nah just think it's far better to have things checked out than to wait too long. Nice looking session you should make some rapid progress :)

chops
09-10-2003, 10:22 AM
cocoa ah..that kind of tour. i thought you were in a music band or something :)

midee1: tuttut , that word is 86'd, BANNED from this journal. i never did figure out where that 86 code is from?

if i was belial, i would eat you first, more meat on the bone, more protein!:evillaugh .

wikked: that comment was purely in jest. i do appreciate feedback from you and everyone else here :thumbup:

chops
09-10-2003, 10:38 AM
Tuesday, Sept 9

Total: 1088
Fat: 24 213 19%
Carbs: 131 472 43%
Protein: 95 378 34%

too low, hard to eat because i felt so bloated all day. i think it's because i'm getting readjusted to more protein and fiber than i've been having the past few weeks. i forced some cot cheese and pb down..at least i got enough protein for the day.

M1 10:00am: ww zen fiber muffin, ww pita with turkey, coffee w/ff creamer
M2 2:30am: chicken/greens/carrots, lf ginger-soy dressing
M3 4:30pm: kashi go lean, soymilk, black coffee
Race/ Cardio Training 5:15pm:
M4 10:00pm: cott cheese, pb

Supps: calcium, fish caps ,glucosamine

on the days where i eat clean, my fat is always under. am going to take 6g of fish caps now.

Race/ Cardio Training Detail:

5 miles total w/o breaks, 6.4mph speed, 0.0 incline

aka23
09-10-2003, 10:46 AM
aka23 you know, i never knew what your icon was before. i walked into someone's cube today and they had a big stuffed animal of whatever your character is and this person told me it's like the hot thing in anime. i'm out of touch :)

The icon is an image of Vegeta from the show Dragonball Z. I switched my image from Gohan to Vegeta after meeting my original goals in May/June. Dragonball Z is probably the most popular anime type show and was the most popular search term at Lycos in 2002. I think the thing that appeals to me about the show is how they are training so frequently, and always searching and finding ways to improve performance to superhuman levels. The dynamics between some of the characters also appeal to me. The main things I dislike about the show are the characters and plot lines that look like they were meant for small children. It also bothers me when they ignore obvious choices for Dragonball wishes , and do a poor job at converting things from the Japanese version. Perhaps I am just to old to be looking at this type of show.

midee1
09-10-2003, 07:00 PM
if i was belial, i would eat you first, more meat on the bone, more protein!:evillaugh .

Naw he couldn't do that. Way to much fat on these bones. It would not fit into his diet plan.:p

HeatherLF
09-10-2003, 09:07 PM
heatherlf i have never been referred to as a peanut, LOL. is that good or bad?[/B]

No worries its a good thing. :)

HeatherLF
09-10-2003, 09:10 PM
hard to eat because i felt so bloated all day.

Its been a bad week for the WBB gals and w/the Bloat!! LOL. :)

Scott S
09-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Wow, I wouldn't have known English was your 2nd language from your posts! Your English is excellent.

And, bioimpedance tests are fun to laugh at too. This summer, I got calipered at 18%, and the bioimpedance test undershot it by 4%!!

I wish I were a Saiyan like aka. :(

Shane
09-11-2003, 12:31 AM
I agree with Scott. I had my bodyfat % tested by bioimpedance and had it tested again the same way one week later and it varied by 5%!

JustinF
09-11-2003, 05:44 AM
Peanut is a good thing, just means "little". Now about all the "bloat" talk, that's enough ladies!! tuttut

midee1
09-11-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by JustinF
Peanut is a good thing, just means "little". Now about all the "bloat" talk, that's enough ladies!! tuttut

This is supposed to be a hardcore bodybuilding board not a fluffy bloated chicka board.tuttut

Me thinks you all were misguided.
WBB= WannaBeBig

WBB tuttut WannaBeBloated. Get it. Got it. Good

*runs like hell and hides in corner to escape the hormonal wrath of the females* :hide:

Wikked1
09-11-2003, 07:59 AM
I knew you were picking Chops! No sweat! Nice training session you had their 5 miles no breaks....I'd be calling for O2!

chops
09-11-2003, 09:40 AM
aka23 hmm, u know the latest on rap and anime, who can call you "old"? i'm feeling old for being clueless about that stuff !!:) btw, the guy who had the stuffed character is middle aged, married w/ children, so that series seems to appeal to a mixed audience. you're not too old, nor an anomaly :)

heatlherlf and justinf hmm, "peanut gallery" comes to mind :D. hey justin, if u knew the feeling, you'd be complaining too!

scott s and chain yeah, 4% error seems to be popular with other peeps i talked to too. the girl who measured me knows ppl in the phys ed. dept university near my home, and may be able to hook me up with a pod test for one of their research projects, sweet!. it would be interesting to see how close that reading would be.

midee 1 you watch it there. i'm about to come down with PMS (punchin midee syndrome). *muah*

wikked1 i'm gonna share my newfound secret that keeps me going, black coffee pre cardio. just as good as e :)

Pup
09-11-2003, 09:49 AM

;)

:withstupi:

...although if chops had legs the size of alex's...she could probably eat for a month.

Alex.V
09-11-2003, 09:56 AM
She'd also look rather odd. :)

chops, your journal is quite the hangout lately. I think it's the title.

chops
09-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Wednesday, Sept 10

Total: 1475
Fat: 58 523 36%
Carbs: 154 554 38%
Protein: 90 359 25%

M1 8:30am: ww pita with pb\sf jelly\banana
M2 10:00am:ww zen fiber muffin
M3 2:15am: chicken with greens and carrots, lf ginger dressing
M4 7:15pm: cottage cheese, grapes
Legs - Weight Training 7:30pm:
M5 9:30pm: shrimp pesto pasta, salad w\olive oil

M5, off-plan dinner with bf and his father

Weight Training Detail:
leg day sucked. i wasn't tired when i went to the gym, but during the exercises, my legs felt weaker than last time, maybe due to yesterday's run.

Legs

Dumbbell Squats:
10x12
10x12
10x15
10x15
i wanted to go to 25 db's..20's and 25's were being used. argh.

Dumbbell Lunges:
10x15
10x15
10x20
10x20
finally, the 20's are free. what a pain in the butt to wait. i enjoy these a lot cuz i can feel the muscle concentration.

Sitting Leg Press:
10x80
10x80
10x80
wth, last time i went to 115 and that wasn't too taxing. today, 80 was hard :(.

Hamstring Curls:
10x20
8x30
8x30
still feel like calves are getting worked too much

Angled Standing Calf Raise:
10x80
10x80

gym i used today has several different calf machines. went easy on these. i figured calves getting worked a lot during my runs.

Other Stuff:
went to a supplement/vitamin seminar today and here's the advice i got from the speaker when i spoke to him on the side:

-don't take fish caps. just eat more fish. ( i don't want to, and can't eat THAT much fish)

-take a multivitamin (ok)

-regardless of my goals, 20% of my calories from protein is ample (i didn't agree with this. this is close to the RDA, which is for the average person. i don't want to be "average. he looked fit, but sort of scrawny to me, so i didn't put much merit in that advice)

-don't use fat burners (ok, been there, tried it, don't think it contributed much. he was primarily referring to the possible health detriments)

-whey is better than casein (imo situational)

-"throw out, don't even give them away!!" <said with very passionate emphasis> the coated bars i eat (detour, balance, zone). instead, eat something uncoated like powerbars. (this was taken with a grain of salt since his bootie socks had "powerbar" on them, hmmmmm.)

i later found out that the guy i spoke with was steve sorkel, "the world's fittest man" and who holds 10 world's records, including the record for doing the most sit ups in an hour. i would have never guessed.

Scott S
09-11-2003, 02:16 PM
God I hate Powerbars.

Wikked1
09-11-2003, 02:48 PM
-"throw out, don't even give them away!!" <said with very passionate emphasis> the coated bars i eat (detour, balance, zone). instead, eat something uncoated like powerbars. ahhh crap :cry:
*runs hides boxes of UTurn bars & New MetRX bars*
I'm a UTurn bar JUNKIE :help:
Ohhhh <relief> Steve Erkel LMAFO!!!
Oh wait you said steve sorkel my mistake damn!
That bar news is not good not good at all :mad:

HeatherLF
09-11-2003, 08:30 PM
Nice leg day Chops. Your legs should be tired w/all taht running you do!!

HeatherLF
09-11-2003, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by midee1
This is supposed to be a hardcore bodybuilding board not a fluffy bloated chicka board.tuttut

Watch it BACON BOY!! :evillaugh:

Shane
09-11-2003, 11:39 PM
Chops, just so you know, the Bod Pod typically rates your bodyfat as being higher than when you have it measured by skinfold calipers. That's how it was with everyone I know that has been tested both ways when we participated in studies.

chops
09-12-2003, 09:55 AM
Thursday, Sept 11

Total: 1375
Fat: 47 423 31%
Carbs: 132 514 38%
Protein: 102 408 30%

M1 6:30am: crumpets with pb and sf jelly, cott cheese, coffee w\ff creamer
M2 12:00pm: big roast beef sub with cheese (real cheese, mmmm), honeydew
Race / Cardio Training 6:00pm:
M3 8:30pm: luna bar, cott cheese

warm up & rest speed 4.8mph

regular speed 6.5 mph for 55 minutes with 3-4 rests, 5 miles total distance

aiyah, sluggish today

Other stuff: some marlboro smoking MF is littering my balcony with their dirty cig butts for the past several weeks. i know it's done on purpose because the both balconies above mine are recessed farther back and at a 45 degree angle from mine. i'm on mission to find the rude culprit. grrrrrrr

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 10:01 AM
Try the tri-o-plex bars. Absolutely destroys Detour bars. Just wanted to spread that.

Oh and :spam:

chops
09-12-2003, 10:15 AM
pup and belial it's always nice to have visitors. take off your shoes and kick back anytime :)

scott s and wikked1 i hate powerbars too. they taste nasty and look like frankenfood. if i wanted an energy bar, at least you can see the oats in clifbar. well, if i was getting bankrolled by powerbar, i would happily tout them too :) . as for his blanket prejudice against all coated bars because of [the small amt of] palm, oil/transfat, i guess he doesn't know about their new *coated* and nasty powerbar proteinplus, probably not the best spokesperson for that company :)

heatherlf i guess starting both weight and race training at the same time kinda shocked it a little. hopefully next week will be less of a struggle. "bacon boy", you TELL HIM. LOL you're good with those names and acronyms.

chain i'm not looking for different techniques to validate the readings i get because i know it will vary.
"research project" at a university = free
chops loves free stuff :D i'm not curious enough to pay for it tho. that bod pod descrip kinda sounds like a semi- deprivation tank.

ectx
09-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Tri-O-plex...bah....they're for girlies and Homeyield.

Good run. Are you doing any street running to prep for your race? You should. what kind of prep work/schedule are you doing for your race?

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 10:18 AM
No, chops, I'd empty your fridge and scare away all your other friends. Not the kind of houseguest you'd want.

I think that Sorkel character needs to be beaten.

chops
09-12-2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by HomeYield
Try the tri-o-plex bars. Absolutely destroys Detour bars. Just wanted to spread that.

Oh and :spam:

yeah, those sound like juiced up clifbars, which i do like. real oats, mmmmm. i will try those after i exhaust my box of detour, balance, luna, zone. sick of the detours but gotta eat 'em up.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 10:32 AM
Tri-O-plex...bah....they're for girlies and Homeyield. That's the obvious answer as to why you have 2 boxes.

chops
09-12-2003, 11:09 AM
ec
for race training, i'm following the 6 week recommendation on the race's website. during the week, i have a distance goal. on sundays, it is a timed goal. each week, the regular runs are increased +1mi, and the weekend run is +5 mins.

first week, 4 mile runs on alternating days, 70 minutes on sunday

second week, 5 mile runs on alternating days, 75 minutes on sunday, and so on. . .

the 6th sunday is october 19, the race date.

homeyield i wonder why he tries to deflect away from himself so much, a bit on the defensive, eh? :)

belial oops, its steve SOKEL, not sorkel. pic of him doing situps here http://www.svcn.com/archives/wgresident/05.10.00/fitness-0019.html do u think you can beat him up? :D

he looks thin w/ clothes on. oh, sexy chicken legs.

Alex.V
09-12-2003, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I really don't think that'd be too tough. :)

I just think a lot of those statements he made were kinda silly.

WillKuenzel
09-12-2003, 11:24 AM

and yeah, ec does tend to get a bit defensive doesn't he?

chops
09-12-2003, 12:16 PM
Yeah, I really don't think that'd be too tough. :)

I just think a lot of those statements he made were kinda silly.

homeyield and belial
<fish burp1>
<fish burp2>
<fish burp3>

excuse me.
damn, i hate it when that happens. ahh, relief. yeah i agree. he's right to recommend real food, but i don't want to eat that much fish.

he is an expert in fitness, and his formula obviously served him well and makes it easy for him to preach. he certainly looks great for 47 .

aka23
09-12-2003, 12:59 PM
Steve has some incredible endurance. His records include 52 thousand continuous situps in 26 hours, 1000 situps in 16 minutes, 500 miles of stationary cycling in a day, over 3000 squat thrusts in four hours, 30 thousand jumping jacks in 7.5 hours, 5.5 continuous hours on a elliptical trainer, and many others. He also is an exercise physiologist, a triathlete, and has done the Hawaii Ironman Triathelon (Swim 2.4 miles, Bike 112 miles, then Run 26.2 miles). He could probably give some helpful tips for preparing for your running and your endurance training, but I agree with the others about his advice on supplements. Many of the statements you listed are too generalized. For example 20% protein would be fine for an endurance athlete like steve who probably eats a huge amount of calories, but it might provide insufficent protein for someone with a lower calorie diet (studies suggest 0.8g/lb should be enough to maintain nitrogen balance for the vast majority of natural, amateur bodybuilders).

chops
09-15-2003, 09:47 AM
Friday, Sept 12

Total: 1610
Fat: 42 376 23%
Carbs: 185 690 43%
Protein: 128 513 32%

M1 7:00am: egg custard filled bread, cott cheese, coffee with ff creamer
M2 9:00pm: half zen fiber muffin
M3 11:30pm: chicken and brocc
M4 7:30pm: 8p sashimi (no rice) 15p sushi (rice partially removed), small piece of chicken teriyaki,creme brulee :angel:, honeydew wedge
another off plan dinner with bf and his dad again

Bi,Tri, Shoulders Weight Training, Cardio: feelin' lazy. Skipped, rescheduled for tomorrow

===========================================

chops
09-15-2003, 10:01 AM
Saturday, Sept 13

Total: 851 DOH! *waits to see if belial comments*
Fat: 47 426 51% DOH!
Carbs: 67 227 27%
Protein: 41 164 20%

M1 11:00am: tofu scramble with whole eggs and small amount of sausage and hash browns, toast, coffee with half/half
M2 8:30pm: half zen fiber muffin, half pear, peanuts

Bi,Tri, Shoulders Weight Training, Cardio: skipped again, *slaps my own hand*, tsk tsk. race training scheduled for sunday so this WO getting moved to monday.

================================================

Other Stuff: bf's dad left this morning so back to my planned diet, no more creme brulee :(.

the balconies above mine aren't private and can be accessed by anyone. after a long time of monitoring, finally caught the rude marlboro smoker red handed, apprehended mid-cig :) he apologized and said he wasn't aware that someone lives down below. ok...when u see patio furniture, blinds, and lights..assume no one lives there "whatever". ahhhh, i feel better now.

chops
09-15-2003, 10:07 AM
Sunday, Sept 14

Total: 1201
Fat: 29 258 23%
Carbs: 128 465 41%
Protein: 100 400 36%

M1 2:30am: crumpet, light cheese,turkey and mustard (couldn't sleep)
M2 12:30pm: brown rice, eggwhites, luna bar, half banana
Race / Cardio Training 2:00pm:
M3 8:00pm: 2 poached whole eggs, half ww turkey sandwich w/ havarti and mustard, big salad no dressing

warm up & rest speed 4.8mph

regular speed 6.4 mph with 2 rests

~8+ miles total distance, 75 minutes

ectx
09-15-2003, 10:12 AM
Race training looks great. Are you doing it all on treadmill? If so...make sure you get some road in, otherwise your joints will hate you.

chops
09-15-2003, 10:56 AM
Goals Check-In: i will be reviewing my progress every 6 weeks.

Current Stats (I did not take measurements last time)
weight 106
bf% ~19-20%
chest1 32
chest2 27.5
waist 25
midway 30.75
hips 34
above knee 14.5L, 14.5R
thighs 20L 20R
calves 13L 13R
upperarms 10.25L, 10.5R
foreams 8.12L, 8.5R

Update Pics
links to B & A pics. The old pics are from 7/29/03 and the new pics were taken on 9/15/03. i lost a small amount of weight. i don't see a lot of difference but now that i have started weight training, i hope changes are more obvious in my next update. my right thigh looks smaller than my left. i expected it to measure smaller because i had surgery on my right leg a few years ago, but surprisingly, they measured the same. i measured twice to make sure *boggle*.

current photos

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/body091503/chops_back.jpg

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/body091503/chops_front.jpg

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/body091503/chops_leg.jpg

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/body091503/chops_side.jpg

===============================================

before photos

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/body071503/chops_front.jpg

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/body071503/chops_side.jpg

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/body071503/chops_back.jpg

Bodyfat and Weight
previously, i concentrated on losing weight only. now i would like to lose fat , gain muscle at the same time, and be 16% bf, lose inches in some places and gain in others. not concerned about weight going up/down.

Race :
the ushalf race is on october 19th. its just over 13 miles and i want to complete it less than 2 hours. this is my first 1/2 marathon. i would like to improve my athletic abilities and also keep pace with my running partner as much as possible, so i need to increase my speed and endurance.

my current running speed ranges from 6.0 to 6.7mph and i am following a training program. my running partner runs at 7.5mph but runs for only 30 minutes 5x a week and has done so regularly for a few years. we have an interesting wager on a bet, so i have to make it to the finish line FIRST.

Training
need to start adding ab work in, blah! i know i will hate this most. would like a more defined upper body, especially arms. after i'm done with the race, i'll upgrade my upper body workouts.

I'm reorganizing my training so my legs get a good rest after weight day, before my long sunday runs.

1 back/chest - weights
2 race/cardio training w/distance goal
3 legs - weights
4 shoulders/bi/tri - weights
5 race/cardio training w/distance goal
6 rest
7 race/cardio training w/time goal

ectx
09-15-2003, 03:21 PM
[b]
I'm reorganizing my training so my legs get a good rest after weight day, before my long sunday runs.

So you are doing street work....good to hear. Those Sunday runs are absolutely cathartic. I really miss them. Damn my bummed knee. Best of luck on your race. Given your training and your build I think a 2 hour 1/2 is very achievable. My apologies for my random silliness. LOL :angel:

HeatherLF
09-15-2003, 08:18 PM
Nice pics. Progress seems to be coming along. Keep up the good work and good luck w/the upcoming race!

John0101
09-15-2003, 08:33 PM
Good progress, i've haven't been reading your journal, but it looks like you've lost ~5-8 pounds from your photos.

Wikked1
09-16-2003, 08:24 AM
I think your legs are more defined now.....and your calves look PUMPED! Agreed ab training sucks BUT (so I am told) once you HAVE the ABS keeping them is easier than building them.......(that's what they tell me anyway I'm still building myself!) Your measurements and your pics say that you are symmetrical!

chops
09-16-2003, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the comments so far everyone. My friend commented that the pics were too small and i realized I forgot to mention that the pics are best viewed at 1024x768 or lower resolution

WillKuenzel
09-16-2003, 11:03 AM
I would kill for your calves!

I'm extremely jealous!

JustinF
09-16-2003, 11:27 AM
Can definately see a difference in the legs. I think now that you are doing weights you will see the changes you want in your upper body and arms. Good job thus far...

chops
09-16-2003, 11:51 AM
aka23 the seminar description gave no indication of his background. meeting him in person and then later hearing about those incredible feats was a shocker. i'd probably collapse after 15 minutes of one of his training sessions :)

ec i normally run with a slight incline on the treadmill to simulate the actual outdoors, but for the race training, i have not been. i wanted to see how my legs would feel after running longer distances than i'm accustomed to. thankfully, they feel fine, its the day after legs weight training that kills them :). so, this week i will add a slight incline back into the running sessions.

Given your training and your build I think a 2 hour 1/2 is very achievable.

2.5 hours! no way..gotta do in less than 2 or i can't award myself with the spa visit i'm promising myself :)

My apologies for my random silliness. LOL :angel:

i'll let it go this time :). next time, i will have have to discipline you!!:evillaugh :whip: oh yeah..i forgot. u like it cuz you're everyone's bizatch. drunken monkey!

john0101 :hello: welcome to my journal. you were accurate in your guess. i'm 5lbs less (gained a little back) than when i started my journal.

heatherlf and justinf: thanks :) i hope to make just as much progress in increasing my strength (still on those 5-20lb dumbells :() as i am in endurance

wikked1: i think my legs look more symmetrical in current shots. in old pics from july, the difference in size can be easily seen. i didn't take measurements then, DOH my bad. maybe the resistance cardio has evened them out. thanks for saying "pumped", first time i've gotten that :)

homeyield: lol..at 6.5% and you are too kind!

ectx
09-16-2003, 12:18 PM

ec i normally run with a slight incline on the treadmill to simulate the actual outdoors, but for the race training, i have not been. i wanted to see how my legs would feel after running longer distances than i'm accustomed to. thankfully, they feel fine, its the day after legs weight training that kills them :). so, this week i will add a slight incline back into the running sessions.

2.5 hours! no way..gotta do in less than 2 or i can't award myself with the spa visit i'm promising myself :)

I think you should start adding street soon. At least once a weak...
There's a lot a treadmill can't simulate...even with an incline. The road's a lot harder than a cushy treadmill. Give yourself at least one run on pavement to get your joints use to the additional pounding. You'll thank me later.

also...LOL...you misread me silly. I said a 2 hour half marathon is very achievable...not a 2 1/2 hour time is achievable.

Will's everyone's bitch. I'm simply cool. :D

chops
09-16-2003, 12:56 PM
Monday, Sept 15

Total: 1343
Fat: 36 328 25%
Carbs: 157 598 45%
Protein: 97 389 30%

M1 6:30am: 1/2 ww turkey sandwich w/ havarti and mustard, small amount of breakfast potatoes, coffee w/ ff creamer
M2 9:30am: balance bar
Bi,Tri, Shoulders Weight Training 12:00pm:
M3 1:30pm: whey and ff milk, plum
M4 5:00pm: clif bar
HIIT / Cardio Training 6:15pm:
M5 8:30pm: small amount of tofu, turkey breast, some granola

Supps: 1000mg calcium, 4000mg fish caps ,1500mg glucosamine, 1 multivitamin

Bi,Tri, Shoulders Weight Training Detail:
i worked on these muscles in the order posted, does order matter (i.e. tri can come before shoulders?) i do one set for bodypartA, can i do a set for bodypartB, then go back to bodypartA? or complete all excercises for bodypartA before moving on?

Shoulders

Lever Shoulder Press:
12x15
10x20
10x20
8x25

Cable Raises (alternating):
24x10
24x15
18x15
16x15

Seated Dumbbell Press:
12x10
12x10
10x15
10x15

Triceps :

Dumbell Lying Triceps Extension :
7x8
12x5
10x5
9x5
tri's very weak. :(

Lever Pushdown :
2x10x10
2x10x15

Biceps :

Dumbell Curls (alternating) :
24x10
24x12
24x12
24x12

Lever Curls:
12x15
12x20
10x20
10x20

HIIT / Cardio Training Detail:
20 min interval training on stairmill, L11, cross country program
15 min on stairmill, L9, fatburner program
was sweating profusely in a few mins. good wo!

JustinF
09-16-2003, 01:00 PM
I don't think it really matters the order that you do your exercises. For example when I work chest and bi's, I will do a set of flat bench, do some preacher curls, then go back to bench. I do it mainly to save time so I'm not downstairs for hours. But the short answer is I don't think it matters. :D

aka23
09-16-2003, 03:57 PM
i worked on these muscles in the order posted, does order matter (i.e. tri can come before shoulders?) i do one set for bodypartA, can i do a set for bodypartB, then go back to bodypartA? or complete all excercises for bodypartA before moving on?

The order usually does not make a huge difference. There may be some benefits to working larger muscles before smaller ones, doing compound movements before isolation movements, doing ab/stabalizer exercises last, and doing all exercises within a muscle group sequentially. If you want to focus on a particular body part or exercise, you may want to do that earlier, while you are fresh.

midee1
09-16-2003, 05:02 PM
A little late here but awesome progess pics.:D

Definately leaning out and lookin good young lady.

You may just deserve my very first :hump:

I've never given one of these out till now.

chops
09-17-2003, 02:51 PM
Tuesday, Sept 16

Total: 1309
Fat: 35 315 24%
Carbs: 136 500 39%
Protein: 110 441 34%

M1 7:30am: small piece ff cheesecake (hey, it's fat free, has protein)
M2 9:30am: cott cheese, yogurt, pb
M3 1:30pm: small serving meatloaf, plum
M4 3:30pm: ww pita with chicken, carrots and tomatoes w/ light dressing
M5 8:00pm: chicken, 1/2 zen fiber muffin

Race / Cardio Training : skipped
ok, so i didn't use my lunch hour as i normally would have since the bf and i were supposed to head to the gym together after M5. whaddaya know, he changes his mind and made me an invitation couldn't refuse. this means double duty weights and race training manana! or however that's spelled. note to self: always utilize the lunch hour to avoid detours!

Supps: 1000 mg calcium, 5000mg fish caps, 1500m glucosamine, 1 multivite

chops
09-17-2003, 04:47 PM
justinf and aka23 thanks, neat-o..glad to know i don't have to have downtime waiting for specific machines.

midee missed ya around wbb the past few days. thanks for the first humpy :) my biggest honor to date!

yo, don't forgot to stay on top of the diet and journal and keep mistress dee on it too:p

ec that's something i hadn't considered. will try to schedule weekly runs on real road!

chops
09-18-2003, 11:04 AM
Wednesday, Sept 17

Calories Eaten Today
source grams cals %total
Total: 1405
Fat: 34 308 23%
Carbs: 169 574 43%
Protein: 106 426 32%

M1 8:30am: zen fiber muffin, coffee w/ ff creamer, cott cheese n' yogurt
M2 11:00am: zone bar
Back and Chest Weight Training 12:00pm:
M3 2:30pm: salad with romaine\chicken\tomato\carrots\light dressing, peach
M4 8:00pm: ww pita with chicken, big salad w\bell pepper\tomato\ff dressing , few cashews
Race / Cardio Training : skipped

Supps: 1000mg calcium, 5000mg fish caps ,1500mg glucosamine, 1 multivitamin

Weight Training Detail: think i'm trying to go *too* slow with everything. will train differently on next session.

Chest

12x10
10x12
10x12
7x15
will make 8th next time!

Flat Dumbell flys :
12x10
12x10
10x12
9x12
going to try machine next week and compare

Incline Flys:
didn't do, lack of time

Back

15x40
12x45
10x45
10x45

Cable Front Pulldown :
12x40
12x45
10x45
10x45

Dumbell Shrug:
15x15
12x20
12x20
10x25
first time using 25's db for anything. small triumph

Race / Cardio Training traded in 5.5 mile goal to head home and nap instead. what's with me this today!?, didn't even wo yesterday..feeling lethargy, BAH.

Other stuff:

i feel a lot of guilt and anxiety for not following through with heading to the gym for cardio. the simple solution get off my a$$ and to the gym and avoid feeling this way, but if something slides (and i know it will again), i don't want to be stressing it THIS much either. perhaps the over-preoccupation will pass with time. i feel like i'm thinking about getting to my goals, and analyzing the fat,cals,carbs,protein in everything i eat, thinking TOO MUCH, all the time and i don't like it. i have a running food odometer in my head.

Wikked1
09-18-2003, 12:08 PM
thinking TOO MUCH, all the time and i don't like it. i have a running food odometer in my head. DIETARY STRESS? RELAX you're looking great!

JustinF
09-18-2003, 03:18 PM
We all go through those spells where we feel tired and weak. It'll pass soon enough. Nice looking session you had there! :thumbup:

HeatherLF
09-18-2003, 03:46 PM

midee1
09-18-2003, 05:16 PM

Incline Flys:
didn't do, lack of time

[/B]

Starting to sound like me.tuttut :D

Shane
09-18-2003, 10:22 PM
i feel a lot of guilt and anxiety for not following through with heading to the gym for cardio. the simple solution get off my a$$ and to the gym and avoid feeling this way, but if something slides (and i know it will again), i don't want to be stressing it THIS much either. perhaps the over-preoccupation will pass with time. i feel like i'm thinking about getting to my goals, and analyzing the fat,cals,carbs,protein in everything i eat, thinking TOO MUCH, all the time and i don't like it. i have a running food odometer in my head. [/B]

Don't make me drive up there.

Coke
09-19-2003, 05:33 AM
Better get to it girl! - :D

chops
09-19-2003, 05:42 PM
wikked1, heatherlf & justinf i'm over it now, call me MOODY bah !! :) nothing like seeing supportive messages from y'all and soon i'm all smiles again.

midee1 whatcha talking about? that was my evil twin posing as me, pffffft!

shane hey, now you're giving me some incentive . is this like reverse psychology?

cocoa *salutes cocoa* aye, sir!

chops
09-19-2003, 05:43 PM
Thursday, Sept 18

Total: 2391
Fat: 115 1039 44%
Carbs: 209 785 33%
Protein: 102 409 17%

DOUBLE HOLY SUPER DUPER MOLY! i haven't gone over 2k cals for a long time and just yesterday i was bemoaning my obsessive and compulsive mental food odometer. what do u know, i step on the scale and i'm actually losing weight w/o intending to, so i indulged at my company's annual "family day" picnic. ice cold beers afloat, was nice to be able to partake in the festivities. back to "chill mode". at this rate, that one lb would be back in no time. HOWEVER friday is a special evening, as it will mark my official one year with my sweet pea. (we exchanged gifts a few months back tho, cuz i couldn't wait :)). chill mode will resume after the celebratory dinner.

M1 6:00am: half ww pita with pb\sf jelly, zone bar, cantaloupe wedge
Cardio Training 7:00am:
M2 12:00pm:small serving meatloaf, carrots
M3 4:30pm: bbq chicken, hot dogs ,potato salad,beer,ice cream,chocolate :angel:
Legs - Weight Training 7:30pm:

Supps: 1000mg calcium, 0 fish caps (too many cals today), 1500mg glucosamine, 1 multivite

Cardio Training Detail:
ran for 30 minutes, completed 3.5 miles. morning cardio is sooooo not for me but after i got it out of the way, i felt a little better after yesterday's lackluster non-performance. feeling low energy during run today...maybe should've allowed more than an hour between breakfast and cardio.

Weight Training Detail (#rep's x lbs) :
i've been eyeing the "hip abductor" machines. what a funny name. will add in next week.

Legs

Dumbbell Squats:
15x15
12x20
13x20
10x22.5
will try barbell next time. on last set, my shoulders and wrist feel over strained. QUESTION: is this the standard way to record my sets, or should i use total weight, like 15x30 (total weight) i checked some other journals but seems that everyone else uses barbells or smith machines

Dumbbell Lunges (each side):
12x12
12x12
12x12
15's and 20's db were being used FOREVER, decided to head for the thigh extension machine

Thigh Extension:
12x30
10x40
10x40
my first time using this machine, liked it

Hamstring Curls:
12x30
11x30
10x30
10x30

number of reps up, still haven't broken 30lbs yet tho.

Hamtractor:
16x60
14x75
14x75

first time using this machine, seemed too easy in comparison with hammie curls??!

Standing Calf Raise:
15x80
15x100
15x120
15x120

last week only did a measly 80 lbs. *wait and sees if calves are screaming later

=============================================:drooling:

JuniorMint6669
09-19-2003, 10:37 PM

i've been eyeing the "hip abductor" machines. what a funny name.

Is that the one where you squeeze in or push out? Always get confused between abductor and adductor. I used to like doing these then I realized I was the only guy at my gym that did them, so I stopped. But it really did seem keep my inner thigh firm (i carry some fat there). Eh I think Im gonna start doing them again.

And whats a hamtractor? Ive been looking for a new hammie excercise myself. You ever tried glute/ham raise?? Ooooh the burn.

Nice workout! Keep up the good work.

Hey...look... you ate as many calories as I eat ;)

JustinF
09-20-2003, 03:22 AM
Nice session chops!! When recording DB weights, I usually just put ('s) after the weight. For example 45lb dumbells= 12*45's.

Just one way of doing it, there's really no "right" way.

Coke
09-20-2003, 05:39 AM
Good work Chops - not bad at all! - :)

...congrats on the first anniversary, I will be celebrating my 3rd next month

sure wish I could have partaken at the picnic - :D

midee1
09-20-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by CoCoa
Good work Chops - not bad at all! - :)

...congrats on the first anniversary, I will be celebrating my 3rd next month

sure wish I could have partaken at the picnic - :D

Dang girl,

You ate more than me!;)

chops
09-20-2003, 10:48 AM
juniormint6669 hey there, welcome :hello: i don't see many men do the hip abductor either, but i guess that makes sense - women usually gain in their hip areas and most men don't. i'm going to do both the in's and outties. i know how ya feel about being self conscious at the gym - sometimes i'm the only female in the weight room but i listen to mantra in my head "i'm there for MeMeMe" :)

justinf thanks. wanted to make sure that my logs make sense. pffftttt, didn't want y'all thinking that i'm lifting 15 lbs total for my squatting.

cocoa well, WOOT!! congrats on your upcoming 3rd! oh man, after the picnic, i was like "what did i just do?" :drooling:

midee1 errrr, yes. sometimes i surprise myself :)

Scott S
09-20-2003, 12:19 PM
Maybe it's confusing to the people who read my journal, but I just make sure it's obvious when I'm using DBs. For example:

DB Shoulder Press
20 x 15

means that I'm lifting two 20 lb DBs for 15 reps.

HeatherLF
09-20-2003, 02:58 PM
Nice session Chops. The hip abductor machine is the one I miss the most from the gym..do some reps for me next time! :) Glad you had a good time at the picnic..life's too short to miss out. Happy anniversary!

Franjipani
09-21-2003, 03:09 AM
feeling low energy during run today...maybe should've allowed more than an hour between breakfast and cardio.

I do my morning cardio on an empty stomach....I believe it is more beneficial for fat burning (if that is your intention of course). However, if you prefer fuel in your tummy then I would wait for at least a couple of hours for your food to digest....lol...no wonder you felt lethargic ;) :D

Congrats on your anniversary....thats wonderful stuff:angel:

Shane
09-21-2003, 04:30 PM
Chops, what the hell is that avatar? It's givin' me the heebee jeebees.

Wikked1
09-22-2003, 06:53 AM
*shudders*
:eek:
LMFAO I give two thumbs up for the previous one but this one is a little different........it's like a demented Kermit or something :D
I guess I just grew accustomed to the old one.........but change is good too......right?

chops
09-22-2003, 10:30 AM
Friday, Sept 19

Actual Diet according to Fitday not tracked

M1 10:30am: apple, chicken with ff cheese n' brocc
Race / Cardio Training 12:00 :
M2 3:30am: tomatoes, zen fiber muffin, pb
M3 8:30pm: not tracked

M3 1 yr anniversary dinner, not tracked. my 'lil dessert was soo cute that i have to post a pic :)
P.S i am now officially E N G A G E D!!!!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

http://www.stk-corp.com/pics/anniver/anniversarydessert.jpg

Supps: 1000 mg calcium, 3000mg fish caps, 1500m glucosamine, 1 multivite

Race / Cardio Training Detail :
~5.5 miles total, 1.5 incline, 45 mins

chops
09-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Saturday, Sept 20

Total: 1345
Fat: 31 277 21%
Carbs: 166 624 48%
Protein: 95 378 29%

M1 10:30am: zen fiber muffin, cantaloupe wedge
Race / Cardio Training 12:00 :
M2 1:30am: ww pita with chicken, bell peppers, lettuce, light dressing
M3 4:30pm: starbucks mocha frap (i know)
M4 9:30pm: 4p sushi, 6p sashimi (no rice)

~4.5 miles total

normally i don't do any cardio on saturday since i have a long run scheduled for sunday BUT weather here was absolutely fab. hardly ever sunny enough in the part of sf where i live - normally overcast and windy. went to the beach and ran outdoors, got plenty o' sunshine and fresh air. the running trail had lots of slight dips and valleys, totally different from the treadmill i'm used to and took a little more effort. good exposure to pavement & ups and downs, as i realized that running in the streets of san francisco will be even less predictable (GOOD CALL EC!)

Shane
09-22-2003, 10:57 AM
Congratulations! :D

*Draws up blueprint to crash the reception*

chops
09-22-2003, 11:05 AM
Sunday, Sept 21

Total: 1345
Fat: 31 277 21%
Carbs: 166 624 48%
Protein: 95 378 29%

M1 5:30am: pb, cott cheese n' yogurt (couldn't sleep)
M2 10:30am: breakfast burrito (beans,rice,eggwhites, salsa)
M3 5:30pm: salad (chicken,carrots,bell pepper,mozzerella), zen fiber muffin
M4 9:00pm: peach
Race / Cardio Training 9:30 :

8.5 mi total distance

first 5 miles at 7.0mph, "sports race program", then finished last 3.5 miles at 6.0mph with 1.5 incline.

"sports race program was" interesting, found it by going thru the "custom" programs on the treadmill, and it includes intervals with slight dips and valleys. first time i've run at 7.0 for prolonged period. dips in program provided a little more challenge, then i took a short rest after 5 mi completed. after than, slowed down a little for remainder and the trailing run was cake in comparison .

when i got home, i had trouble falling asleep. i was winded up from the run, but also , i felt a bit naseous. i have never felt sick after a run before.

Other Stuff :
another gorgeous day here. went to the beach again and fell asleep on the sand for a couple hours.

chops
09-22-2003, 11:27 AM
juniormint oh forgot to mention about the hamtractor , found a pic http://www.dynabody.com/eqnew/hamtractor.htm. sit upright, your legs are extended in front of u then u bring them towards u while contracting the hammies. haven't heard of glute /ham raise, will have to try that one out!

scott s thanks ! i figured y'all knew what i was doing..just to be sure tho. pics still at 1 hr foto? *wink

heatherlf your new avatar looks good, woman! no problem with the hip abductor - i'll do plenty since it's one of the ones that i enjoy :)

shane and wikked doppelganger! can't u see the resemblance? :D

time for a change. swapped out for an updated pic of myself but then changed my mind and remembered senor frog from cancun :)

Franjipani yippee, new vistor! i'm trying to gain muscle/lose fat at the same time. since i'm new to bb, hopefully this will work. did an internet search for nandos, no where to be found in my neck of the woods :(

JuniorMint6669
09-22-2003, 11:59 AM
Interesting, looks like a leg curl machine at an angle. Yea definatly try glute ham raise, mine are still sore from THREE DAYS AGO. Ouch.

Engaged huh???? CONGRATS! Now you gotta change your avatar from that scary thing to your engagement ring. :D

Wikked1
09-22-2003, 12:13 PM
congratulations on the engagement! :clap: :clap: :thumbup:

Coke
09-22-2003, 12:31 PM
Engaged! - :)

I am so very Happy for you... this is the best news I have heard all day and wish you the best - ;)

HeatherLF
09-22-2003, 02:52 PM
:D Congrats on being engaged! That was a sweet dessert display, looks like you find yourself a good one..and vice-versa of course. Best of luck!