PDA

View Full Version : Bt's Gonna Get Bigger!

madfistbt
07-25-2003, 04:04 PM
im very skinny

SquareHead
07-25-2003, 04:32 PM
Biceps 14.5" short term goal 17"
Just curious what do you consider short term? Good luck with your goals man! :spam:

madfistbt
08-24-2003, 11:45 AM
Alrit im gonna be brave and show a picture of my skinny , anerix ass.I know im a skinny ****, but please could you comment on my potential as a body builder.
This picture was taken around 6 weeks ago.
Since then ive joined a new gym full of big guys, and more free weights and better equiptment
.And im on a new routine of one body part per week.4-6 reps 6-8 sets. which my friend who is a personal trainer recomended.So far this has focked me up hard, and ive put on around 10 pounds since this disgusting picture was taken.
My diet also im talking seriously getting around 6 high quality meals a day not including supplements.
Please could you give me any feedback it would be appreciated:help:

madfistbt
08-24-2003, 11:47 AM
and one of my skinny **** back

madfistbt
08-24-2003, 11:54 AM
Ill post another picture in a couple of weeks hopefully if i live by then im such a skinny bitch ill probably die of malnutrition.By the way im 6'3 and 175 pounds now

Alex.V
08-24-2003, 12:39 PM
All I can tell is that you're probably going to have damn good delts (with a sick vein across each one, no less)... other than that... too early to say.

BCC
08-24-2003, 12:47 PM
I agree with belial, also consider yourself lucky you're not starting out skinny-fat.

RG570
08-24-2003, 07:49 PM
You're actually not too lacking in LBM, certainly thicker then I was starting out. You shouldnt be so hard on yourself.
I agree with alex, you'll have some rediculous delts after a while of bulking.

madfistbt
08-25-2003, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the comments, a lot of people say i have wide shoulders.So im determined to prove you lot right!
Here is my routine any comments would be great.

Monday

chest

Smith machine flat bench press
Dumbell incline press
dumbell flyes

Tuesday

Legs and abs

Smith machine squats
leg curls
Calf raises
incline weighted crunch
rope crunch
side raises

Wednesday

off

Thursday

Back and lats

Deadlifts
One arm dumbell rows
Seated cable rows
Wide grip lat pulldown

Friday

Bicep, tricep and forearm

tricep-Overhead tricep extension
dips
bicep-Machine preacher curls
barbell curls
rope hammer curls
forearm - reverse curls

Saturday

Shoulders

Seated dumbell press
lateral raises
front raise
shrugs

Sunday

off

I do 4-6 reps on everything except squats which I do 8-10, and do around 6-8 sets.This has hurt me hard since i started 2 weeks ago .
What do you think of the order, is doing bicep, triceps and forearms in the same day wrong?.Also i am told to stick to maximum of 3 exercises per body part.Do you think there would be any more affective exercices for targetting the main muscle groups?
Would love to hear feedback on what you think because im relatively new to this!

madfistbt
08-25-2003, 03:17 PM
**** steins in the army he would help me out, also a slight correction i do 8-10 reps for stomach, and deadlifts as well as squats.
Do you think my shoulder exercises will target the whole shoulder?
Come on guys help me out

madfistbt
08-26-2003, 11:59 AM
Ive changed my routine slightly.Ive drppped the smith machine like some of you recomended

Day 1

Legs and abs

Squats
leg curls
Calf raises
incline weighted crunch
side raises

Day 2

off

Day 3

Back and lats

Deadlifts
One arm barbell rows
Wide grip lat pulldown

Day 4

Bicep, tricep and forearm

tricep-Overhead tricep extension
dips
bicep-Machine preacher curls
barbell curls
forearm - reverse curls

Day 5

Shoulders

Seated dumbell press
lateral raises
standing barbell military press
shrugs

Day 6

off

Day 7

chest

Barbell bench press
Dumbell incline press
dumbell flyes

What do you reckon is it an improvment?
Ive found the front raises pretty ****, ive changed them for barbell military presses.Do you think I should do upright rows instead?
By the way ill be posting my picture at the end of september.

mailman21108
08-30-2003, 04:29 PM
I seen your pics and you have a good platform to begin with. Take your time and dont try to get big too fast. It will come with time. Give your body plenty of time to grow naturally. It will benifit you in the long run. Heres a suggestion. Workout 3 days a week. Split your upper body workouts into two seperate days. Do legs in between. Example:

start with bigger muscle groups and work to smaller

Mon: upperbody pulling: lat pull, row, biceps
Wed: legs: squat, quads, hamstrings, calves
Fri: upperbody pushing: bench, military, triceps

do the hardest work in the first two sets..to complete failure in

after 6 weeks of this take a week off...increase the weights by 5lbs and repeat

6'3" Is a nice height...I wish I was that tall

Xand
08-30-2003, 04:37 PM
Your new routine looks good. Might want to look at stiff-legged deadlifts instead of leg curls if you want to put on size.

madfistbt
08-30-2003, 05:37 PM
Alright this is it im gonna concentrate on this routine for the next 6 weeks, ive been experimenting too much im just gonna concentrate on this routine.
Thanks xand ive added sldl's to my routine.
mailman- thanks, a lot of people have said that ive got a good basis , my best mate has been lifting for well over 2 years and he has got massive has always been encouraging me to work out with him.The reason I didnt want to is because hes so far ahead of me.But he injured himself 2 months ago, and wont be back for another month, so i thought i could catch up a bit.

Day 1

Back and Abs

Deadlifts 3 x 6-8
One arm barbell rows
Wide grip lat pulldown

Incline weighted crunch 3 x 8-10
Side raises 2 x 6-8

Day 2

-OFF-

Day 3

Legs

Sldl's 2 x 6-8
Squats 3 x 6-8
Lying leg curls 3 x 6-8
Calf raises 4 x 8-10

Day 4

Arms

Tricep - Overhead tricep extension 3 x 6-8
Close grip bench press 2 x 4-6
Bicep - Alternate barbell curls
Rope hammer curls 2 x 4-6
Forearm - Reverse curls 2 x 4-6

Day 5

Shoulders

Seated dumbell press
lateral raises 3 x 6-8
standing barbell military press
shrugs 2 x 6-8

Day 6

-OFF-

Day 7

chest

Barbell bench press
Dumbell incline press
dumbell flyes

Everything 3 x 4-6 reps unless stated

aka23
08-30-2003, 06:01 PM
I agree with the others about the pictures. You have a good starting point. I think this routine looks better than the original, but doing arms and shoulders on sequential days may not be optimal since both stress certain muscles within your arms. Adding in a rear delt exercise might also be helpful. Some alternative splits are listed at http://www.exrx.net/Lists/WorkoutMenu.html . Click on a split and body part to see exercise suggestions.

madfistbt
08-31-2003, 04:58 AM
aka23- checked out that site pretty usefull.
Whats a rear dealt exercise(sorry im new to this?) i thought side lateral raises worked the rear delt?.
Also ill take the alternate splits into consideration when i change my routine in around 6 weeks , thanks

d-bol_dale
08-31-2003, 05:15 AM
Your a similiar age to me mate so I am gonna take a keen intrest in your journal. Maybe in a few years we will both be in the same nabba or efbb comp. Your very tall and lean but you have great delts and those arms look like they r gonna grow well. Potential is there dude youve just gotta make sure you fulfill it. Get those calories in ya and you will grow. Good look

madfistbt
09-05-2003, 04:41 PM
ok , ok .Ive spent roughly 2 and a half months easing myself into the gym, mainly working on my form and technique, and getting a descent routine.
NOW its time to **** it up!When I first started I was doing squats completely wrong, as with many other exercices.Now im happy with my form, my friend who is a gym instructor came down to my gym yesterday, and said he was impressed with my form.
In this 2 and a half months I havent been playing around! I still put on 14 pounds of lbm.But now Ive got my routine for the next 6 weeks, and am happy with my form.I can concentrate on ****ing myself up in the gym.

madfistbt
09-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Feeling good about myself today.One of my friends who I havent seen for around 5 months said I looked bigger which was a big confidence builder to me.Also Im happier with that because I dont feel Ive been ****ing myself up in the gym as much as I will and I think i will definetly improve.Also my shoulders are finally hurting this morning not much but they do feel quite stiff, as I said before Im happier with my form and I think i ****ed myself up with those side lateral raises.
d-bol_dale - Thanks for the compliments mate.damm your a big fella for your age, what are your goals?To be honest I aint really looking to enter any bodybuilding comps if i can put on about 50 pounds of muscle and keep my bf below 10% I reckon , ill be happy.But you dont know when I get to that I might think about it then.Also i reckon I can achieve this goal without taking any gear, but you dont know I might change my mind on that to!

d-bol_dale
09-10-2003, 01:29 PM
My goals? Dnt know at the moment. 242lbs today not exactly what you would call in condition. Im gonna keep bulking up untill x-mas and then start cutting whilst holding as much size and strength as possible in the new year. Goal will be about 200lbs just to give me an idea of what I would look like ripped. I wont be ripped at 200lbs but it should give me a fair idea.
Now youve got your form down madfistbt you gotta start getting crazy with the weights. Good luck:clap: :clap:

madfistbt
09-12-2003, 02:16 PM
Weighed myself today im just over 178, i started off at 162 about 3 months ago, but only been training seriously for a month.pretty happy with this cos i havent noticed much fat. My goal is to get to 196(14stone)by march 16thmy birthday, obviously keeping the fat low.
Im gonna go to a gym where my mate works and get my bf level tested in a few weeks, as long as i keep it below 10% ill be happy